Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Flu or something else? Advice please!
      #273442 - 07/10/06 10:50 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys,

I am just looking for some advice.. I have been feeling really, really sick lately and I just don't know what it is or what to do.. and I am getting stressed because of sick days at work.
For about a week and a half, I have been really ill. At first, I was really pukey and stuff and I thought maybe I had food poisoning. Then it carried on, so I thought not. I have been super exhausted, my whole body feels like lead and is really achy and sore. For a couple of days last week I had a headache and a sore throat, and ran a fever. I've had bad stomach cramps and bloating, and worse D than I've had in a while that seems to come out of nowhere.
The nausea and bloating and the just plain exhaustion just won't go away.
I went to the doctor last week just to get a note, and she figured it was a stomach bug but it is just hanging on.. I missed four days last week and went home early today (and if we leave early, even if it's just half an hour early it counts as a sick day for the whole day).
I have to go to work tomorrow, then I am off on Wednesday. I just don't know what else I can do.. I am taking gravol to take the edge off, but it's not really cutting it.

Any advice on what it is and what I can do to at least be able to get through the day at work without feeling like I am going to face plant into my keyboard from exhaustion?

Thanks guys!
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

No advice... new
      #273446 - 07/11/06 02:25 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

as I don't really know what to say about the work thing....have never had to deal too much with sick days at work...and as for what it is...I don't know....but you poor honey you're not well at all. I wouldn't be forcing yourself to go to work though if you are feeling so bad....you're more likely to make yourself feel worse if you do that. Have you been able to speak to your boss about it?? Or could you?? I know that's usually easier said than done...but surely he must know how unwell you are if you've had to be sent home...what happens if you do have more sick days?? It's NOT your fault you're ill there must be something that can be done to allow you time to get better?? All I can do is send you LOTS AND LOTS of HUGS AND GET WELL WISHES...let us know how things are....so sorry you're not well...wish I could make you better...

(((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Flu or something else? Advice please! new
      #273533 - 07/11/06 12:37 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Headache, sore throat and fever definitely indicates a bug. It's probably holding on because you're so worn down.
Tons of water, hon. It'll help you be more alert and also flush it out of your system faster. If you're really nauseous, little baby sips constantly throughout the day. Like a few ounces every 5 minutes.
Also, lots and lots of strong, hot ginger tea. Or candied ginger. Go to the grocery store and buy some gingerroot (it's ridiculously cheap - probably cost you less than a buck), and put in a few slices the size of a quarter in a mug of boiling water. Make a thermos for work.
Also, soda crackers is great for a pukey tummy. Nibble on them thoughout the day. Premium plus is my favourite kind.
Hang in there, girl!
Hope you feel better really soon!
XOXO
A.
Oh, and if this doesn't improve in the next few days, like by Friday, GO BACK to the Doctor.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Flu or something else? Advice please! new
      #273541 - 07/11/06 12:49 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I hope you are feeling better soon Stephie.

Hugs,

--------------------
Janey

No advice either new
      #273562 - 07/11/06 01:11 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

..apart from if it persists see a doctor, get fluids into you and take it easy

Hugs

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 149 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 690

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review