All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Why is it junk tv is only really entertaining when you're ill?! new
      #273539 - 07/11/06 12:48 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Lots interesting happening on BB, everyone except Jayne up for eviction as HER punishment for HER rulebreaking? WTF? Lots of theories about it on the BB boards on channel4.com, that they will evict Jayne too or that she's a plant etc ...

My cramps are righting themselves, have had a horrible day and a half with them though

Here's some pooping vibes. I am almost doing the breaking the cycle diet at the moment the cramps are so bad- today I had dry crunchynut cornflakes for brekkie, chicken and rice for lunch *with a couple of daring mushrooms, 2 cans flat 7up, mint tea, rich tea biccies and a turkey half baguette. Can you spell BLAND...had some pretzels and marshmallows too...blandedy bland. Beginning to reset my tummy now..in time for this week's boozy lunches, ARGH!

Hope you are feeling better and that your parents are taking care of you!

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

feel better new
      #273543 - 07/11/06 12:51 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Caroline,

You poor baby. That sounds awful and very painful. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Hugs,

--------------------
Janey

Re: Sorry been away, got a trapped nerve in my spine... new
      #273598 - 07/11/06 06:05 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I read your post and you blog at work this morning but didn't get a chance to reply - how aweful!!! I can totally sympathize, but OUCH!!!!!!!!!! I tore muscles in my low back before and I couldn't walk, sit, or stand. I had to lie in bed with my knees at 90 degrees for 6 weeks! I hope you are feeling better sooooooonnnnnn!!!!

Take care of you!! You've had enough lately!!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: How are you feeling today? new
      #273664 - 07/12/06 09:17 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Thinking about you sending hugs, love and lots of puppy kisses!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Me too...everyone seems to be in the wars at the minute... new
      #273714 - 07/12/06 01:18 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

someone at work just broke their shoulder climbing a cliff...and another at my other work was jumped by a 'happy slapping' group and broke his arm....everyones breaking/cracking or snapping something....I'm scared!

--------------------
Natalie

#273811 - 07/13/06 06:24 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Honestly? Feeling poop.

So we found out on Monday that my mum's mum probably has ovarian cancer - she has a biopsy a week on Monday (the 24th, same day as my next hypno) to investigate, as well as some other tests. Then we find out Tuesday that my other nan (dad's mum) has something seriously wrong with her lungs - she's been for a biopsy today, so we know it's serious 'cause nothing get's done that quick over here, and results in a couple of weeks.

So fingers crossed everyone! I'm so lucky to have got to almost 24 with all 4 of my grandparents alive and well, but doesn't make this any easier.

Other than that, my neck's much better, still hurts but better than it was, my tum's in a mess - nothing but D since Tuesday afternoon, and I'm full of allergies, probably to my cats here at my parents, possibly hayfever.

But hey, just about to jump in the shower, then fingers crossed get ready and head back home. Haven't seen my gorgeous Jamie since Sunday afternoon, so can't wait!! And boy do I need a big cuddle...

Oh, and in the shower I'm hopefully dying my pale blonde hair a warm coppery colour (yes, ginger... ), just for a change. I say "hopefully", cause normally when I dye my hair it ends up very different to what I expect...

I'll post a pic if it looks ok!

Thanks everyone for asking after me by the way, not replied to everyone as been in a daze all week. Really appreciate you all caring

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Oooh yes post pics... new
      #273912 - 07/13/06 04:04 PM
Natalie1985

would love to see how the hair turns out!!

Am so sorry to hear about your grandparents...I'm very lucky to have 3 of mine still here and I love them dearly I couldn't imagine any of them getting so ill...they're in my thoughts I can promise you that...and I'm thinking of you and all your family.

Keep us posted on any updates...am sad as I will be officially moving next week and it means NO INTERNET until we get connected...and I have NO IDEA when that will be...but I can use uni facilities so will check whenever I can...but with my busy life I don't know how often that will be. Don't know how I'll cope without you lot so you will have to text me with updates....lets hope its only for a VERY short amount of time!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Didn't take... new
      #273932 - 07/13/06 06:35 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

I only used one of those that lasts 6 washes or something, so maybe it wasn't strong enough? My hair is just a darker blonde - very boring! Next time I guess I'll go for a stronger, semi-permanent one. At least I didn't have an allergic reaction to it, which I'm doing all the time at the moment to just about everything else!!

Losing your internet sucks - I hated it even when we missed it for 48hrs the other week 'cause of moving the office! I'll text you the big stuff, as I'm sure Sinead will do too.

You excited bout moving? Where you moving to / who with / why, etc?

Thanks bout my grandparents, it's all pretty crap so I appreciate the thought. These things tend to come in threes, so waiting for the next bombshell...

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

My family always say that... new
      #273969 - 07/14/06 02:28 AM
Natalie1985

about things coming in threes...and its always right in our case...its spooky.

Am moving about 15 mins out of town to Headingley which is like the STUDENT VILLAGE of leeds. I have always been city centre based and can walk into main leeds in 5 mins, so will be a bit of a change to have to walk which takes over half an hour being quick, or get the bus.

We're moving cos we're sick of these halls...I've been here 3 years...a different flat everytime and it is WAY past our time to move on. We should have got a house last year...but didn't sort it out on time. Its also cheaper rent...and double beds...and is much more independant. Living here we have to sign our 'guests' in and out....and how old are we?? We just want to experience the whole living together in a house thing...most students do....and we'll be surrounded by them as the whole street is students. Am moving in with the same people am living with now...my 3 best girlies....and a lad from next door...who was meant to be moving in with his friend but he dropped out and so my friend(the one who was pregnant) is moving in his room instead. Which reminds me....I have been meaning to email you about that... haven't really got time now but will try and remember...just wanted to ask some advice over her behaviour after whats happened...cos I know you understand what she's been through.

Speak soon....and will let you know when Im internetless.

--------------------
Natalie

#273995 - 07/14/06 08:03 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi, Caroline:

I'm sorry to hear about all the bad news. I'm happy to know that your neck is on its way to recovery, but that is very sad about your two grandmas. I hope the actual diagnoses are more positive than what you're expecting.

Hang in there! Hugs!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 83 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4236

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review