Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What about "Davidson"? -nt- new
      #273654 - 07/12/06 08:24 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

That's how I felt... new
      #273655 - 07/12/06 08:31 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

when I got our dog, Oscar. Sleep deprived to the point of feeling completely off my rocker, and I had hormones issues too. New puppies are hard! But being around Harley will help him adjust, and he'll eventually take after Harley and want to be more like him. They're just really excited right now.

--------------------

Re: What about "Davidson"? - new
      #273661 - 07/12/06 09:06 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Rachel suggested that as well!! I think it would be pretty funny but I think we are sticking with Oliver!

--------------------

Re: That's how I felt... new
      #273662 - 07/12/06 09:09 AM
michele

Yes, I'm sure they are both just adjusting!! I'm starting to bond more with Oliver! He is sleeping on my desk in an old sweater of mine!!

Doctor brought his new dog, Rio in and he and Harley are hitting it off very well! So far, things are going good!! I sure could use a nap though! Not sure how I'm going to stay awake until 6pm!!! My eyes burn, I'm so tired! Makes me really consider if I really want a "real" baby??!!

How are things going with your dog now? Is he potty trained and everything?

--------------------

He's great.... new
      #273669 - 07/12/06 09:33 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

completely potty trained, has been for months really. Sometimes I think when I let him out he pees just because i tell him to, not because he really needs to. Because he can hold it a LONG time. In most respects he is a great dog, he's very loving and friendly and not aggressive. But...we need to work with him on coming when we call him (sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't), and also to not jump and not bite. He really only "bites" when excited, and he doesn't bite down, just gets mouthy, but with the baby coming we need to really crack down on that. I got an electronic collar off ebay that I expect in the mail soon which will help. He's gotten to be a bit bigger so we need to just make sure he knows how to listen to us and stay calm. But otherwise, he's great, and I can't imagine life without him! I'm glad I was able to stick it out during the beginning (with help, of course) because we just love him to death.

--------------------

Re: He's great.... new
      #273677 - 07/12/06 10:01 AM
michele

He sounds great!!! We were told in puppy class to growl at them when they bite, like your clearing your throat kind of sound. Its how the mommy dogs discipline the puppies! It worked with Harley and stops Oliver in his tracks!

--------------------

Aww bless you... new
      #273713 - 07/12/06 01:15 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

you are going through the hormones like I was the other day...I feel for ya...horrible hormones...they will pass....keep looking at your new baby puppy and I'm sure he'll make you smile.....he's ADORABLE by the way!!! Love him!! It's so cute that they've bonded so well....and I can imagine how hard work the pair of them are....but atleast its more company around the house....animals are the best friends when you're feeling down...I swear my cat pugsley ALWAYS knows when I'm upset and just his little face cheers me up....shame he's all the way back home with my family!

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 274 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6197

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review