All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Having one of those days....
      #273267 - 07/10/06 06:30 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

and I don't know why....well actually yes I do...its that time of the month(sorry boys ) and for some reason I'm having one of those REALLY emotional ones...you know the ones I mean girls??!!

I haven't had one like this in ages...I seem to either have a very emotional period and very little pain(apart from it upsets my ibs ) or a very hormonal and emotional one and no pain, and I am having one of those BADLY!! It just feels weird, cos I haven't had one like this for months...ones like this seem to be few and far between with me usually...THANK GOD...but I am just so DOWN and MISERABLE for NO REASON.

It's like EVERYTHING and ANYTHING makes me feel like I want to cry! It started yesterday after I got in from working at Toyworld all day, I'd done 2 full days on my feet and the shoes I have rub and KILL me ....and I walked home, threw them off in a strop...felt all clammy and hot, so had a shower and then made my tea and slumped infront of the TV.

My mum rang me FINALLY after I'd been wanting her to call as I needed to ask a favour....and after speaking to her I just started crying...NO REASON...NOTHING....

Then I'd ingrained myself into the chair in the living room, and there was a program on TMF about Nick Lachey....anyone seen it yet?? Its the 'Whats left of me' one and then 'Behind the music: Nich Lachey' was on after. So I sat there for 2 hours watching all his life story and love story with Jessica Simpson and him talking about how heartbroken he is about the divorce and everything(he's such a nice guy...I really like him....I was so upset they split...) and I just SOBBED AND SOBBED AND SOBBED AND SOBBED ...lol...I was laughing at myself too....like what am I crying for??

Then my flatmate came in and I told her I'd been crying for no reason and then we started getting all 'Bridget Jonesy' about how miserable we are that we are so lonely and haven't got boyfriends and getting all philosophical about life....and...god what do I sound like???...lol....anyways...

Have woken up today feeling exactly the same....just walked 3 miles going there and back to the dr's to put my repeat prescription in, and was all thoughtful the whole way and now again I feel all down in the dumps and want to cry.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr....I HATE hormones....for gods sake I have NOTHING to be miserable about!!!!...Pleeeeeeeeeease make me HAPPY ... I have work at 5pm and am afraid I might burst into tears in the middle of training or something ....lol...

Send HAPPY HORMONES my way!!

--------------------
Natalie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Having one of those days.... new
      #273279 - 07/10/06 07:49 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh honey, I know EXACTLY what you mean!! My periods run the same way, either VERY hormonal or very painful! I've been very hormonal since last Tuesday and still haven't actually started yet!!! In fact, I'm thinking about starting the pill again for a few months its been so bad!

I don't have any real advice but know I'm crying right along side you! Misery loves company, right?!

Something HAPPY-I might be getting another puppy?!!! There is a tiny black, shih poo, a shihtzu poodle mix, that goes to the doggie daycare next door where Harley plays and the pips owner is thinking she doesn't want him now! He and Harley play very well together and he will only be about 5 pounds full grown! I'm trying not to get too excited until I know for sure, will keep you posted!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Thanks michele... new
      #273288 - 07/10/06 08:23 AM
Natalie1985

misery sure does love company...lol...atleast I'm not the only one...its so hard to be a woman...men don't know HOW lucky they are!!

Re the puppy....that would be sooooooooooo exciting....keeping my fingers crossed for you that get it....and will be expecting immediate pics if you do.

Right...just had dinner....off to work now...4 hours training...not too bad...probably a good way to keep my mind of my miserableness!!

--------------------
Natalie

#273289 - 07/10/06 08:25 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Nat,

I am so sorry that you are feeling down. It is good that you got to cry. There is nothing better than a good cry.

It does sound like your hormones are getting best of you. I don't even have a period anymore and I still have days where I feel very blue and feel like crying for no reason. I guess it is a woman thing.

I sure hope you are feeling better. I'm sending lots of hugs and good thoughts your way.

--------------------
Janey

#273309 - 07/10/06 09:35 AM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

I know how you feel....I'm having one of those emotional times right now, too. {{{hugs}}}

#273311 - 07/10/06 09:36 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

what are you like darling! I know exactly how you feel. Hope ur feeling better today...EAT CHOCOLATE = HAPPY

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

#273330 - 07/10/06 11:20 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

So sorry that you are having one of those girl days! But you know what you are entitled to!! With all the hormones and everything else we get to deal with you rant and rave all you want!! Sending you big supportive hugs!!!

Re: It's a full moon out tonight - that's probably why. new
      #273358 - 07/10/06 12:58 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I'm the same. PMS and a full moon and crazy kids don't mix. I'm a former teacher, so I totally believe in the "full moon" effect. Nurses in the ER and Delivery will also swear by it.
It somehow throws us off - some people go just nuts!!!!. Especially if hormones are also raging.
Make yourself a nice cup of tea, and veg out in front of the TV or read a trashy novel.
Hugs,
A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Thanks guys.... new
      #273379 - 07/10/06 02:20 PM
Natalie1985

I am back from work now and feeling a bit happier....there was a slight moment during training though when I was feeling depressed and it was like a wave of sadness came over me...but I got through it and training was A LOT of fun today so I picked myself up! Have just had some chocolate porridge...sounds weird I know....added some hot chocolate powder into it and it is a new comfort discovery!! I have no money at the moment and so couldn't afford a treat and it was the nearest thing to comfort food I could get. Going to have an early night and hope I wake up more refreshed tomorrow!!

Thanks for all the hugs and support...love you all!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Thanks guys.... new
      #273451 - 07/11/06 03:51 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Only seeing this now Nat, I had a yucky IBS episode yesterday so wasn't on the boards much.
I had exactly the same experience a few weeks ago- P was away for the weekend and I was all alone over the weekend and PMSing. I sobbed and cried and felt so lonely and desperate. Then I got mad with myself for feeling like that and I couldn't motivate myself to do anything, not even watch TV, I just stropped around being bored.

Jo is absolutely right, periods need chocolate. I remember when I joined these boards first Michele used to talk about PMSing and eating peanut M&Ms, and I was so sick I couldn't eat any chocolate at all. Now, every time I buy them I think of her and remember how sick I used to be that I was so incredulous that she could eat them!

I discovered hot chocolate porridge last year and Little Minnie thought that it was hilarious but it does taste yummy. I made it with chocolate soy milk a few times too..mmm!

Great TV out there at the moment- Love Island, BB, the new Ant & Dec quiz. All I could do last night was lie on the couch and ask P to refil my peppermint tea/hot water bottle...soo sore, but at least I had the great TV to keep me company!

Hope you are tons better today

--------------------
S.

Re: Only just saw this too new
      #273459 - 07/11/06 04:59 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Poor you! Know exactly how you feel, and it's so crap that you either get the emotional bonfire or the horrible pain. NO FAIR!!

You feeling any better today? I've found a dairy free, gluten free, egg free and, um, something else free chocolate bar in ASDA and it's yummy!! Helped me through my current period very nicely... (I haven't closely examined the ingredients yet, but it hasn't upset my tum )

I often find the only thing I can do when PMSing like that is laugh at myself, accept I'm gonna feel pants for a few days, lounge around with a hot water bottle and like Sinead says, watch tv...

Big hugs flying up your way!! Feeling any better today?

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

MUCH BETTER.... new
      #273577 - 07/11/06 03:10 PM
Natalie1985

those dreaded hormones seem to have settled themselves down...had a good day at work today...the boss at toyworld who is a bit of a b**** was back from holiday but was REALLY nice to me and was VERY undestanding about my new job and fitting hours around it.

Was quite funny though cos I had to work 11-4 in toyworld(which is a 5 min walk from the other job) and then go there for 5-9...so had an hour in which to go to boots and get something to eat and then go and use Marks and spencers toilets to change my toyworld top to a black shirt....lol....its like I'm living 2 lives!! Found that quite funny...especially as the toilet attendant was looking at me strangely asthough...didn't she come in here wearing something else?? lol.......

Is quite amusing to think I spent the morning/afternoon arranging toy animal farm figures on a shelf....and then the evening talking about negotiating skills and dealing with arrears on people's accounts!! lol!! Can't really get much different can you??

Oh and another funny thing....if any of you have been watching love island?? Well this is funny...cos this links my 2 jobs which is so funny considering they are sooooooooo different...what are the odds of this??? Well the lad off hollyoaks...Lee....whos just gone on love island (plays bombhead on hollyoaks)he lives in the building where I'm working in ventura...its a posh building the call centre one...anyways...and last week...he came into toyworld asking for something to play with that he was wanting to take on the show...I'm not sure what he got in the end...lol....but I'm going to be keeping my eyes peeled to find out if he did....I'll be laughing if they use it and I'll be like...he bought that from my shop!! hehe.....

--------------------
Natalie

Re: MUCH BETTER.... new
      #273739 - 07/12/06 04:29 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

YAY Nat. Great that Toyworld are accommodating you.

Natalie C....collections assistant in disguise! You really have a double life. I used to go to Law school 9.30 to 12 (STUDENT) then go and tutor in another university for 2 hours and then go to my part time job as a Customer Care Agent in a Credit Card Call centre- no uniforms so my wardrobe had to be very adaptable. I was EXHAUSTED all the time.

Saw Love island last night. Yer man Lee is soo YOUNG. ..will keep watching to see what he bought. The single celebrity bit is so cruel.

bed calls..night night

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1891 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2301

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review