All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Are there any american idol fanatics left on these boards?!?
      #272979 - 07/07/06 03:47 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

guess what!! I'm leaving to go to the concert tomorrow in connecticut (the concert is on sunday night)!!

I'm meeting up with my bestfriend from the 8th grade (who I haven't seen in a few years). We're staying in a hotel near hartford for two nights and fully intend to go all out in our elliott gear (well at least I am.. she's a chris lover).

I made two shirts for the concert.. and i'll definitly be posting pictures as soon as I return. I'm actually working for elliott's offical website to report on the concert, so i'm in charge of taking tons of pics, talking to the media, and stalking his tour bus in hopes of a pic, glimpse, or meeting. I doubt i'll be that lucky but cross your fingers for me!!

I'm looking forward to it.. as you can see Elliott is still my main man. I've heard good things about the concert and i'm looking forward to cheering elliott on, and will resist my urges to yell boo whenever taylor sings

oooh and some idol gossip.. this is the third night of the tour and Katharine hasn't sang at any of the shows (bronchial condition so they say).. her merchandise hasn't been on sale either at any of the locations (haha yes, I learned this from elliott's website). scandalous. I'm praying that elliott is healthy and in full effect sunday night because basically, that is the only reason i'm going to this crazy concert.

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

OH YES...AND FANTASTIC... new
      #272981 - 07/07/06 03:53 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Have a FABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBULOUS time....I KNOW you will...and am expecting as many pics(if you can get that close) of everything......soooooooooooooo jealous....you're soooooooooooo lucky.............wahoo............send them some cheers from me!!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Are there any american idol fanatics left on these boards?!? new
      #272983 - 07/07/06 03:56 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Yeah... I guess....(not Taylor).... those stupid commercials of him singing for Ford really bug me!! LOL

Have a BLAST... can't wait to see pics.... drool on Chris for me if ya get a chance!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

hahahahaha.. new
      #272993 - 07/07/06 05:22 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

I will! if we get chris or elliott alone we will most certainly jump them, drool, and then send our love from shell and nat!

Also.. the big idol surprise is that chris and elliott are singing a rock duet together.. that will be heavenly for sure!

--------------------

Re: OH YES...AND FANTASTIC... new
      #272994 - 07/07/06 05:25 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

well unfortunately.. i'm not sure how close our seats are!! I know that they are not on the floor, but hopefully they are close enough to get a good view. Floor seats were 80 bucks, and then there we tickets for 48 and 38 bucks. We got the 48 dollar tix so hopefully thats close enough to catch a few glimpses..

don't worry.. a full report will be here whether you like it or not. I gotta do it for elliott's website anyways.. so I'll have lots to share!

--------------------

I haven't told you this... new
      #272996 - 07/07/06 06:07 PM

Unregistered

okay maybe I have But I'm way excited for you to see E-man in "full effect" on Sunday . Being an ENN reporter is really a well respected job - step aside Katie Couric. This is a serious news day. I am wondering why you need 2 shirts though since I don't think that Chris-loving friend of yours is planning on wearing it. My only thought is that you're bringing a back-up in case you get so crazy and rip the first shirt off in a noble and dare I say praiseworthy attempt to win Elliot's love. Hey if that doesn't work, remember our game plan for the bus.

I'm loving this scandal with Kat too. Well whatever, who's really going to see her anyways... And no one will judge you if you boo Taylor. And probably not even if you make a little fun of the way he "dances".

Well I guess I should wrap this up before I start offending the non-Elliot enthusiasts... I cannot WAIT to hear about the concert after you go. And I'm wishing you sweet Elliot dreams tonight (again )

Re: I haven't told you this... new
      #273028 - 07/07/06 08:47 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

hmmm "full effect" ehh Britt...

Anyways.. you inspired me to also add an elliott picture to my signature.. Hey! I gotta get in the spirit!

To answer some of your questions.. I am also very excited for this prized and pivitol role as an ENN reporter. Rumor has it Katie Couric is actually shakin in her boots.

As for the two shirts.. the Chris loving friend will not be wearing it.. however, one looks a little more professional, while the other is the tank (the pic I sent you) that says "I'm here to ride the E-Train!" If I actually get on the news or anything, I'll put on the classier version of the tshirt.. Although, desperate times call for desperate measures the ripping of my shirt may be in order.

Lastly.. the bus plan.. its still in full "effect" as well. Lets hope at least some of this works out.. I mean you know what they say....

--------------------

#273031 - 07/07/06 09:46 PM

Unregistered

Oh my god...I will never get over the "full effect" thing...haha.

ANYWAYS I'm loving your Elliot spirit as displayed in your signature pic. Way to go!

Thanks for clearing up the shirt issue. And here I thought you were just being prepared for the inevitable (which of course is ripping your shirt off for Elliot). At least you're open to that idea in the event...

I am really going to have a hard time waiting to hear from you about how it all goes. And I will HAVE to see some pictures too...to get the "full effect" of course. (seriously that isn't going to get old yet).

Okay I'm off to bed - gotta see if your hot Elliot dreams are contagious

By the way ash...LOVIN your new pic...and LOVIN the signature!! n/t new
      #273041 - 07/08/06 12:05 AM
Natalie1985

--------------------
Natalie

thanks.. whatever happened to your pic? -nt- new
      #273058 - 07/08/06 07:20 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

--------------------

#273059 - 07/08/06 07:22 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

just so you know daahhhhling.. Elliott is actually spelled with a double TT on the end (yes.. slightly annoying I know).

Anyways.. I'm pretty much open to anything when it comes to the american idol tour so i'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

--------------------

here's an article from the first night.. britt and shell you may like this.. new
      #273061 - 07/08/06 07:33 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

http://theedge.bostonherald.com/musicNews/view.bg?articleid=147191&format=&page=1

--------------------

Re: here's an article from the first night.. britt and shell you may like this.. new
      #273063 - 07/08/06 07:42 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

LOL about Taylor....

How do I really feel about him?....{{{BBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOO}}}

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

I LOVE american idol!! new
      #273065 - 07/08/06 08:25 AM
polly2004

Reged: 05/30/06
Loc: Minnesota

I'm a total Chris fan. He's way hot! That's exciting that you are going to the concert. That should be fun. I don't think they'll be here in Mpls till August. My friend wants to go. I'm afraid I'd be the oldest person there...LOL I'm 31. You'll have to take tons of pics!! Have a blast!

Cella~

#273066 - 07/08/06 08:27 AM
polly2004

me too!!

Re: I LOVE american idol!! new
      #273071 - 07/08/06 09:03 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

haha you should go if you can get tickets.. i've pics from the other concerts on elliott's website and people from ages 5-80 go to the concert.. its hysterical!

--------------------

#273075 - 07/08/06 10:09 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03

Have a great time Ashley. I cant' wait to hear all the details and see the pics.

--------------------
Janey

Oh I know... new
      #273079 - 07/08/06 10:43 AM
Natalie1985

I took it off...don't really know why...was going through a bit of a 'don't want to be recognised phase'...thinking someone might spot me who I know...the chances are slim, but it could happen...and I've written lots of personal things on here before and wouldn't be too happy about everyone I know knowing EVERYTHING if you know what I mean...but I may put one back on soon...was thinking about it the other day actually.....we'll see...

--------------------
Natalie

Oooh interesting.... new
      #273080 - 07/08/06 10:51 AM
Natalie1985

wonder what happened to Kevin and Melissa then?? Hmmm...and that fact that Katherine had laryngitus(sp? bet there were ALOT of not so happy people after that.....wonder if she'll be at your show ash?? Although I know you are NOT her greatest fan and if anything were to happen to Elliott you would be DEMANDING a FULL REFUND!

--------------------
Natalie

any summer-despondent AI fans turning to "So You Think You Can Dance"? new
      #273096 - 07/08/06 01:02 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I have gotten totally hooked. It makes me want to take dancing lessons. Well, or it does until I remember I'd totally suck at it.

I'm still kinda disgruntled over AI -- I just can't believe that Taylor won. Chris was my fave but I don't mind that he didn't win, because I didn't want to see him locked into the hideous contract. (Please, Chris, don't start hawking cars ... ) Of the last three I definitely wish Elliott would've won!!

Have fun at the concert, Ashley!! What is the "official" Elliott website, anyway?

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: any summer-despondent AI fans turning to "So You Think You Can Dance"? new
      #273123 - 07/08/06 04:32 PM

Unregistered

Oooh yes! As a lifetime dancer of all sorts I LOVE watching this show. My whole family was really hooked on it last summer too when they did the first one.

And yeah, American Idol definitely made me mad with Taylor winning. That was seriously awful. And now those excrutiating Ford commercials that we've all been subjected to. I think he'll die out quick though. At least one can hope Elliott should have definitely won in my opinion too.

Well enjoy the dance show! Maybe we'll have to start a little thread about that each week and compare thoughts. I think it's a great way to get kids interested in dance too that otherwise wouldn't find it enticing - especially boys.

Re: any summer-despondent AI fans turning to "So You Think You Can Dance"? new
      #273130 - 07/08/06 05:20 PM
polly2004

i love that show too!! i watch it religiously..pretty funny.

Re: I LOVE american idol!! new
      #273133 - 07/08/06 05:22 PM
polly2004

that's pretty cute! a guy from work is going w/his 2 daughters. i should go. i was the oldest person at justin timberlake/ christina augulaira...LOL

How about...Big Brother or Survivor?? new
      #273136 - 07/08/06 05:27 PM
polly2004

Besides American Idol and "Dance"...These 2 are my real fav!!

"So You Think You Can Dance"? new
      #273168 - 07/09/06 07:46 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Love it. I've turned into a reality show fan, which is something I never thought I'd do.
What about "Hell's Kitchen"?

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: "So You Think You Can Dance"? new
      #273173 - 07/09/06 08:35 AM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

my husband and I love "So you think you can dance." We also love American Idol and Survivor. I can't wait for the next season of Survivor! Just from seeing the commercial's for "Hell's Kitchen" it doesn't appeal to me. Too much yelling and negativity.

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAACK.. and it was AMAZING!! new
      #273333 - 07/10/06 11:31 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Hey Ya'll!

I'm back from the concert and it was AMAZING!!

We ended up scoring some 12th ROW FLOOR SEATS (we traded in our nosebleed section for them) and were so close we could almost touch them all!! I took a trillion pics and I'll give you the website to check them out farther down in this post).

The show was fabulous! Elliott blew me away and stole the show. Chris and Ace were also fabulous, and Ace looked hotter than ever!! In fact, Bucky was looking great as well, and his vocals were a trillion times better than they sounded on TV. Most of the contestants actually sounded better live than on TV, which is amazing (because we all know of concerts that we've been too where the vocals are sub par and don't even compare to their recorded albums).

On another note.. I HAD MY TSHIRT SIGNED BY ELLIOTT YAMIN!! oooooh my god! Sadly, I wasn't able to meet him... HOWEVER, my fellow ENN reporter had backstages passes, so I quickly ripped off my shirt, and she took it back stage for a signature. He signed, "To Ashley: Thanks and God Bless, Elliott Yamin!" I am beyond excited about that, and think i'll frame the shirt as a momento.

Overall, everyone did good.. even Taylor, who i'm not a fan of, did alright. In fact, he was the only idol I touched during the entire show. He made his grand entrance from the crowds and walked right by our section. I put my hand out and he shook it. I'm still not a soul patrol member, but it was cool to have my hand shaken by him.

Chris and Elliott also sang a nickelback duet that was out of this world!! I loved it, and it sounded so phenomenal. The crowd went wild for both chris and elliott.

As for Katharine.. she was again a no show.. hmm.. wonder where she's been this whole tour?!!??

Overall.. the show was phenomenal.. our seats were out of this world, and getting elliott's signature made my week! (or life).. the only thing better would be to meet him myself. If you have a tour in your area, I strongly reccomend that you hit it up.. I'm going to try to get another ticket to another show because it was by far the best concert i've been too barnone!

Here is a link to all of my pics... http://ashna13.shutterfly.com/action/
but as a warning.. there are a TON. I'll post a few selected pics of me, my friends and Elliott, but I have pics on that website of EVERY contestant.

Also, check out www.YaminMachine.com because i'll have a ton of stuff on there as well (that is Elliott's offical website). If you go to the Hartford CT concert page, you'll see me, my pics and my report (most of my pics aren't up on Elliott's website yet.. but they will be by the end of tonight).

--------------------

A FEW pics.. of me, Elliott, and friends... new
      #273335 - 07/10/06 12:00 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

However, the pics are way less blurry on the shutterfly website I sent...

A pic of me, and my fellow ENN reporters!!

Elliott Dancing.. have I mentioned that I LOVE HIM!

more of elliott.. looking good of course!

Bucky, Elliott, Ace and Chris singing their song..

Apparently, Elliott loves to dance..

yuuuuummy.. chris and elliott's duet.. drool.

and lastly.. my SIGNED Elliott Tshirt (elliott's message is on the left side, and his autograph is right over the train)!!! My friend Alex had hers signed by CHRIS.. droooooooool! Anyone know how to make this bigger... so that you can actually see it?!?!

--------------------

Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAACK.. and it was AMAZING!! new
      #273355 - 07/10/06 12:54 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Oh how fun! They didn't tell you why Katherine was missing some of the concert tours? She was sick with broncitis and laryngitis or however you spell it. I hope I have that right. I read it last week on the msn homepage. Her dr. told her to rest her voice. I thought of you when I read it becasue I was thinking you were probably going to one of the concerts she had to miss. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Looks like a lotta fun Ashley new
      #273369 - 07/10/06 01:44 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

..I was wondering what ENN was until I checked out your link!

--------------------
S.

FABULOUS FABULOUS AND MORE FABULOUS...Just what i needed... new
      #273378 - 07/10/06 02:13 PM
Natalie1985

THANKS so much ASH....you might have seen my time of the month miserable post below somewhere...haven't checked it yet since I've been at work so you may have replied to it I'm not sure....anyways....those pics REALLY cheered me up....looks like you had GREAT FUN!!! Wahooooooooooooo and so glad it was all you expected and MORE!!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: FABULOUS FABULOUS AND MORE FABULOUS...Just what i needed... new
      #273428 - 07/10/06 08:04 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

hahaha woohoo I'm glad that that helped to cheer you up!!

keep checking yaminmachine.com.. they are adding more and more of my pics and they are looking fabulous!!

I'm SOOOO HAPPY that I had my shirt signed.. I think i'm going to frame it!!

--------------------

#273429 - 07/10/06 08:06 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

well.. they didn't mention anything beforehand.. however during the show the boys sang a duet and dedicated it to Katharine. They are saying that she still has a bronchial condition.. and I was aware of that. However, she was only supposed to miss the first two concert. I was prepared for her absence though!

--------------------

Re: Looks like a lotta fun Ashley new
      #273430 - 07/10/06 08:07 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

haha thanks! it was AMAZING!! We were literally so close I could almost touch them all (sadly I only touched taylor.. however elliott did touch my shirt when signing it which was also a plus! i'll never wash that thing )

yup.. ENN stands for ultra important elliott news reporter. hahahha.. oh well it was fun and now i'm semi famous on his webpage

--------------------

WOOHOO!! new
      #273734 - 07/12/06 04:24 PM

Unregistered

I am a bad friend for taking so long to respond to this, but I am so glad you had such an awesome time!! That post-concert phone call was fabulous - I felt like I was there!

Your pictures are VERY hot too! All the boys were in fine form it seems. I'm glad you're excited that you got to touch Taylor and all, but please don't tell me that this means you're not on my side if the case should arise where YOU, Taylor and I are on a boat in an eel swamp and it can only hold 2 people and we'll have to toss someone over, are you telling me you won't choose him now!? I mean I need to know where you stand...just in case.

I know you're down about your chances with Elliott now, but don't forget that he'll checking out that site. And maybe not right away while the tour is so busy, but he'll be bummed when it's over and go on, and see Ashley's shining little face of beauty, and think "I am so glad I've kept her number from when she sent it, and that I got to lick her shirt when that little teeny-bopper brought it back for me to sign for her". You know I'm right

Well I'm glad it all turned out so great for you and since I don't think I'll make it to one, it was a great vicarious experience. And put that ENN thing on your resume. Can never know when these things become important

Hahaha...you two are hilarious!! I love it!! n/t new
      #273798 - 07/13/06 02:48 AM
Natalie1985

--------------------
Natalie

Re: WOOHOO!! new
      #273881 - 07/13/06 12:29 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

haha hey no worries!! I'm glad you were there when I called.. I knew you were dying to hear about my elliott..err.. american idol escapades!!

As for the boys.. Bucky, Ace, Chris and Elliott are all HOOOOOT!! I was so surprised about Bucky, I always thought he was cute, but he was even cuter live!! Ace was hot too, and oh so sexual during his song. He was singing that George Michael song.. let me be your daddy or something, and I swear girls were fainting. I thought I was watching a chippendales show or something! Chris is always hot.. and looked the same live as on the show. Elliott of COURSE was in "full effect" and looked cuter than ever, and much bigger in person which was a nice surprise.

As for the eel infused swamp.. no worries.. I'd save your butt before taylor anyday. Granted I did touch the man, but you sent me a homemade elliott yamin tshirt.. I mean HELLO.. that has to stand for something.

I'm crossing my fingers that Elliott looks at the site and checks me out . Unfortunately, my pics were removed from the front page (they are still there under the Hartford, CT page though) because there have been three concerts since.. however, I've still got some hope left in me. Of course, he just found out what an ENN reporter was the same night she took me off the front page (the site admin finally got in touch with him to make him aware of the program). Darn luck.

--------------------

#273888 - 07/13/06 01:18 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I've never watched America Idol but it sounds like you girls had a great time!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 544 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8872

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review