All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
scrapbooking?? Anyone??
      #272877 - 07/07/06 08:14 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Who here is into scrapbooking? I've done it a little in the past....and want to start up again. Is there anything I should buy that a scrapbooker cant live without? Are any of the books out there worth buying...the how to books that is!

Ok, thanks!

P.S. the one I'm starting right now will be for my baby who is almost one!!!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: scrapbooking?? Anyone?? new
      #272880 - 07/07/06 08:27 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I LOVE to scrapbook!!! I'm just rounding up all the wedding photos from my girlfriends wedding 2 weeks ago and getting ready to make her a scrapbook! I think the most important things are a good cropper, check office supplies stores, MUCH cheaper than the "real" ones for scrapbookers! Fancy cutting scissors, a got a whole big round gizmo of them at Costco for x-mas a couple of years back and use them ALL the time!! Lots of card stock and papers, Jo-Ann's and Michael's are good and cheap! You'll need some photo quality markers for journaling as well! Better Homes and Gardens puts out a scrapbook magazine each month, I forget the exact name of it but I find they have the best idea's!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#272883 - 07/07/06 08:31 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

No, I have not done any.... but I just wanted to say hello!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#272886 - 07/07/06 09:01 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I do! Well I haven't been that good lately. I just got done with Noah's first year! I kind of got suckered into the Creative Memories things because a good friend sells it. But I do alot of shopping at the scrapbooking stores. The only thing I purchase from Creative Memories are the albums but I know that alot of the other ones are good. Have a good set of pens, paper, fun stickers, and adhesives to mount things. They have stickers for everything and I use that alot to decorate my pages. I am not real good with all of the fancy cutting things. I also love the pages that come in a book that are almost done. You just place the pictures in the spots and you are done except for journaling. It saves a lot of time when you need to catch up. Wished you lived closer then we could all get together and scapbook!!

#272923 - 07/07/06 12:22 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

I am a scrapbook maniac! I love it. Everyone else has given great ideas, but I thought I'd share with you my favorite items. First, I also got suckered into buying a creative memories kit, but boy has it gotten used a LOT! I love my small papercutter, my corner rounders (makes everything look so neat and professional). Also, I have round and oval shaped cutters that cut all pics. I always buy scrap cardstock paper and use it for all different shapes to decorate the pages. Also, the best is photo tabs. They sell them almost anywhere, and allow you to stick all paper and pics to the pages easily.
Hope this helps!
happy scrapbooking!

--------------------
IBS-A

#272933 - 07/07/06 01:24 PM
Langgang

Reged: 06/25/06
Loc: Sedalia, MO

I love scrapbooking also, though I don't get to do it as much as I'd like. Everyone here had the same great ideas for what you can't live without. I love my Creative Memories mini paper cutter. I use that all the time when I'm scrapbooking. My kids are older - 14, 14, and 12 and are all into sports, so I've done a scrapbook for each of them with all their sports pictures over the years. It was a major undertaking and am almost caught up with them all. My biggest problem is finding a variety of stickers to use on the pages. Volleyball and track especially, but am needing more baseball stickers that are different.

--------------------
Robin
IBS-A

#273108 - 07/08/06 02:22 PM
Honey mix

Reged: 11/16/05
Loc: USA wish it was England

You need cutting boards and cute stickers and paper

--------------------
Puppies Are Cute But I'm Cuter

#273115 - 07/08/06 03:01 PM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

I LOVE scrapbooking. It isn`t as popular in the uk though. We have a paper shop where you can go in and fill a box with ANY paper you want for a set price. It is sooooo good for scrapbooking. I have a mini guillotine to cut straight...as I am rubbish...I still find it hard to cut straight even with that and it has straight edges.photo friendly glue is a must too or use digital photo prints so you still have the original.
Have fun
jo x

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

#273119 - 07/08/06 04:27 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I love to scrapbook too. My sister turned me on a few months ago. I seem to be in a creative lull right now and haven't done much lately.

I am always looking for good paper and have quite a collection. I also have alphabet stamps and several different colored ink pads, rivits, and anything else that will make the page interesting.

--------------------
Janey

Good idea new
      #273121 - 07/08/06 04:28 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I'm going to check out the magazine. There is a site on line but right now I can't remember what it is. I'll have to research and find out.

--------------------
Janey

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 250 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2629

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review