Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Hey guys new
      #272017 - 07/01/06 12:50 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Hey you

I'm so sorry you're job's turned out not to be what you expected, it sucks when that happens. My last job was similar - sold to me very well, but after a few weeks I realised it was rubbish compared to what I was doing before.

Well done you for sticking it out for a while though - lots would've just walked out after the one day! You never know, it might get a little better. What's the money like?

I can't wait til I'm well enough to work again. I'll start out part time, and I have no idea doing what, but I'll be so excited - whatever it is!! Jamie's mum is a senior teacher and wants me as a teaching assistant - but it's something I know nothing about and never even considered. We'll see...

It's pretty cool your tum hasn't been terrible while you've been eating wheat - when do you find out whether you have coeliac or not? Fingers crossed for ya!!

Anyway, off to drown my sorrows because of the England game (well, drown them in water and bagels anyway... ). Hope the recruitment agency goes well - sometimes you can stumble onto a really good one (some stink) and they'll sort you out in no time, particularly since you've got great experience. All will work out for the best in the end, I'm 100% sure!

Blimey it's hot... Wish I could be out at the pub commiserating like most normal people!

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Jo, PS: just mailed you my mob number *nt new
      #272018 - 07/01/06 12:51 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

#272112 - 07/02/06 09:49 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

Hey,
today wasn`t as bad. I had a dodgy tum after my dinner but i handled it and it went away. I went on the micraphone and did store annoucement about my promotion...which was a giggle. I will give it a fair try. Money is o.k. Its more than I was on (£6.45 on sat £7.22 on sunday) but I don`t get bonus or sales related pay like my last job so it works out about the same - or a bit less -per month.Think I will wait before I join a recruitment agency. I have 15 books to read for next uni year anyway. not started yet, have until mid september...

I keep getting headaches...any idea?

I have to wait for an appointment with my dr. before i get my results...waiting lists are about 4months.......uuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggh

As for the heat...i worked sat and sunday and just finished work and now its fliping raining!!!! And I`ve got to go out with my old work tonight but i have a headache

well thats enough moaning, Caroline I am sure you will soon get a job and yeah definately do part time first, build yourself up. If the hypno carries on helping u`ll be fit in no time! I`m certainly thinking of having it done if my results are negative.

huggles
JO

p.s Got ur numb, thanks xx

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

#272171 - 07/02/06 03:32 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Hi Jo
Glad today went better.
Could the headaches be heat related (LOL I am so tired I typed head related first)? I get headachey when it's clammy and it has been really clammy here the last few days.
Hang in there. AND START YOUR UNI READING MISSY!

Be good

--------------------
S.

#272437 - 07/04/06 12:03 PM
pinkprincess

sinead you will be pleased to know I have read 10 chapters in one of my books (one that has approximately 50 chapters all together...but its a start!!!!)

--------------------

Excellent work Jo! new
      #272498 - 07/05/06 04:38 AM
cailin

I am very proud of you

Right, when are you going to have the next 5 of that book read? set yourself goals and we will check up on you!

--------------------
S.

update... new
      #272861 - 07/07/06 04:28 AM
pinkprincess

I`m up to chapter 21!!! only 14 and a half more books

I have an interview for boarders ( a book shop) on wednesday. Working in a bookshop is like my dream job...however geeky it sounds...and it will match my degree on my cv so keep your fingers crossed!!!!

It was so freaky, I was sat there crying at home about my job and the smelly manager (who has sent me LOADS of paperwork,saying I filled out the wrong pay form but she was the one who sent me the pay form. She put a post-it-note on the form critising me as I was £20 off target even though she only told me about two of the three products I was supposed to be selling AND it was football stuff...the day after England got kicked out. What the hell does she expect!!! The rude woman has not even rung me to see how my first weekend went...which was crap as I wa on my own without any training)....anyway I was sat there crying and had decided that as soon as I get a new job I will leave this one when my phone rang and it was boarders asking if I was still interested in working for them....freaky.

It is less pay but I hope I get it.

JO x

--------------------

I hope you get it too.... new
      #272874 - 07/07/06 06:56 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

I always say I would rather be doing a job I LOVE/ENJOY over a job that pays better but is aweful anydays...and if you're lucky enough to have that chance...then take it...buts that me all over...Im not money driven and never have been....although obviously sometimes you have to do things you don't want to just to make ends meet...but if you have the option....choose the enjoyable job over the better paid one...definately....

I have done some of the worst jobs possible...like packing johnsons wet wipes in a factory for 12 hours through the night in wales...with a large scouse woman shouting at you with a hairnet...think trunchball out of matilda....lol....and also cleaning mens urinals, showers and toilets on christmas morning......haha....don't remind me...oh and in a charity shop(that was voluntary) sorting out donated goods where I once opened a bag that was filled with spiders....and another that had an old mans pair of boxers in with skid marks on them....urgh...wretch!! lol!

But I agree...borders would look better on your cv...and just think...you may even get to fit in a little of your summer reading whilst working...if you ever get the time

CROSSING FINGERS LEGS AND TOES FOR YOU....AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT WILL CROSS....

LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES!!

--------------------
Natalie

ooh I'd love that too! new
      #272948 - 07/07/06 01:57 PM
cailin

And you could get a transfer to an American branch and it would be so cool.
Borders is a fab bookshop, love it.

Crossing everything for you.

and I agree that your manager is REALLY smelly nothing worse than a manager who doesn't give you ANY support.

Hugs and bunches of luck

--------------------
S.

Re: ooh I'd love that too! new
      #273070 - 07/08/06 08:55 AM
pinkprincess

I worked today and it was even worse none of the asda staff spoke to me and I rang my manager yesterday and she STILL hasn`t called me....I think I am ill tomorrow. I`m leaving weather I get the boarders job or not.

p.s thanks nat and sinead for the support

P.p.s. Nat I love the trunchball story and love the idea about reading whilst I work

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 94 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6707

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review