All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hello Everyone
      #271265 - 06/27/06 05:21 PM
bubbagirl

Reged: 06/04/06
Loc: Melbourne Fla.

I've been on vacation for the past 8 days. I guess noone missed me though?? I hope everyone is doing ok. Lots of news on the boards for me to catch up on. Good to hear Cookie, that you are really moving forward. Good for you!! Don't get discouraged, so many people care for you and are here to help.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hello Everyone new
      #271280 - 06/27/06 06:26 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Welcome back!! How was your vacation? Any pics? We want the scoop.... hehehe

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#271304 - 06/27/06 08:21 PM
bubbagirl

Reged: 06/04/06
Loc: Melbourne Fla.

No pics but I had a wonderful time in Georgia (US). I saw alot of good things in museums,back roads, etc.. I especially enjoyed the SAM Train through the backwoods and into Plains where one of our past presidents' Jimmy Carter lived as a boy. That is peanut country. I also stayed in Cordele which is the watermelon capitol of the world. I visited the War Museum and although it was sad to see; it was very interesting. I went to a few Plantations, a Amish historical sight with a wonderful amish resturant that served wonderful homemade amish food (I cheated oops) and last but not least I really enjoyed the "Whistle Stop Cafe" where the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes" was made. Oh, yes, they serve fried green tomatoes which were fabulous!! (Yep cheated again!) Surprisingly I wasn't bothered too much mostly cramping & gassy. However, it really WAS worth it. I bought a few souveniers. This may sound weird but I am going to visit my ex this coming weekend and stay until next Friday. Strickly platonic!!!!Thanks for replying to my post. Barb

#271406 - 06/28/06 11:27 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Hi again Barb!

I think I would like Georgia...I saw on the Food Channel with Paula Dean...when she went to where Jimmy Carter lives....

UUmm... amish food.. did you ever make "amish friendship bread" that was soooo yummy...but time consuming...and I ran out of friends to pass it off to....LOL

Oh "Whistle Stop Cafe" where the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes" was made would be soooo cool... you really did try one... right on... I would too... it would be one of those "once in a lifetime" things... LOL

No, not strange to see an EX.... I think a lot are able to stay friends... that is great if you can pull it off...

Hope you are having a good day!

{{hugs}}

Quote:

No pics but I had a wonderful time in Georgia (US). I saw alot of good things in museums,back roads, etc.. I especially enjoyed the SAM Train through the backwoods and into Plains where one of our past presidents' Jimmy Carter lived as a boy. That is peanut country. I also stayed in Cordele which is the watermelon capitol of the world. I visited the War Museum and although it was sad to see; it was very interesting. I went to a few Plantations, a Amish historical sight with a wonderful amish resturant that served wonderful homemade amish food (I cheated oops) and last but not least I really enjoyed the "Whistle Stop Cafe" where the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes" was made. Oh, yes, they serve fried green tomatoes which were fabulous!! (Yep cheated again!) Surprisingly I wasn't bothered too much mostly cramping & gassy. However, it really WAS worth it. I bought a few souveniers. This may sound weird but I am going to visit my ex this coming weekend and stay until next Friday. Strickly platonic!!!!Thanks for replying to my post. Barb

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#271441 - 06/28/06 03:08 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

What is the SAM train?

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3493 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 878

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review