All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Michele new
      #271206 - 06/27/06 11:20 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yes, Janey, I feel the same way. Even though the news was a bit grim, I feel much more hopeful. I will NOT be going back to the other guy!!! If the doctors would just slow down and LISTEN to us for 5 minutes, we would all be getting much better medical care!

Please take my experience into consideration when you are deciding if you want a second opinion for yourself!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Had a GREAT doctors appt this morning! new
      #271207 - 06/27/06 11:32 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I'm so glad you went to her...my goodness.... like you said...you got some bad news..followed by some good... guess you can cancel your padded room reservation!! Sure hope she is able to get you comfy REALLY soon.... I think we should all send you emails (addressed to your DR) with "THANK YOU for caring and listening to our Michele" that you can then hand deliver...what do ya think?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#271209 - 06/27/06 11:38 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I was just thinking about that as I wrote you. Not sure if I should wait a little bit or go ahead and find someone else. This guy is supposed to have a good rep. but I did not have a warm and fuzzy either time I went to see him. Not that he wasn't nice, just something about him that I can't quite describe.

I know this is the beginning of your recovery and I am very happy for you.

--------------------
Janey

Michele new
      #271212 - 06/27/06 11:46 AM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Hi Michele,

I just read your post and I can't express enough how happy I am that you had such a caring and compassionate doctor who wants to take action!

It sounds like you are finally in good hands I'm sorry about the news she gave regarding childbearing, I know how badly you want a baby. Improving your quality of life has to be number one though and whatever drugs you have to take to get the swelling under control than that's what has to happen.

I hope you see results with this new change in medication

Sending you positive thoughts.
Jenn
p.s> have you noticed any changes after starting the Imuran?

#271223 - 06/27/06 12:39 PM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Michele,

Your post contains both good and bad news, but I understand it is a relief to know what is really going on and to find a doctor who cares.

I too have a lupus/RA diagnosis (the doctor is not actually sure which). I am sore, but I do not even pretend to know the kind of pain that you are dealing with. I can't tell you how often you come into my mind. I even had a dream about visiting you the other night. This was probably in part due to my recent trip to Michigan. All the scenery looked like the place we just visited, but I kept thinking in the dream -"I have to get to Michele's house." Just wanted to let you know that even though we don't really know each other, I really care and I'm always so glad to hear some positive news from you.

I am always amazed that you manage to keep going with your normal life as much as possible. I realize this is what you have to do even when you're scared. I know it seems like one thing after another has happened to you over the past couple of years, but it's not like a really long string of bad luck. The problems stem from one thing - the RA. In a way that is good because if you can get that under control then you can be OK again. I know it will never be the same as before you had it, but better than now.

Keep us posted on what the new doc does and how you are feeling. Seriously, if I log on and don't see a post from you every week day, I worry about you.

Laura

#271224 - 06/27/06 12:49 PM
michele

I haven't been on the Imuran long enough to see results yet and she just doubled my dose so I'm still hoping to see much improvement.

Thanks for the support!

--------------------

#271226 - 06/27/06 12:52 PM
michele

Thanks Laura, you're so sweet!! I wish we could have met up when you visited Michigan!

You're right, I know it will never be like before but it HAS to get better. It is good to know WHY all these things are happening to me and I do feel much more confident now that I have a dr who is willing to fight the battle with me!

--------------------

#271228 - 06/27/06 01:01 PM
michele

Good Idea! She just called me a few minutes ago to clarify a few changes we made! I'm just so thrilled to actually have a dr who cares and is willing to battle this with me!

--------------------

#271230 - 06/27/06 01:02 PM
michele

Don't wait. The dr this morning said that your best chances for treatment happen in the first 6-18 months. I'm well out of that range but that doesn't mean that you should have to suffer as much as me before getting the help you deserve!

--------------------

#271233 - 06/27/06 01:11 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I sent ya mine!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 580 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6017

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review