Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Wanted to let everyone know
      #271077 - 06/26/06 05:07 PM
Lummi Beader

Reged: 08/25/05
Loc: Bellingham, WA

Hello friends,

I have been coming here for a few years now and recently underwent some serious cardiology tests; I recently posted regarding medical testing, and the results are that I have several severe blockages in my Aorta artery just above the belly button and some in the split for the leg arteries. The doctor told me that due to these blockages one of my intestines is at 98% blocked and the other is 100% blocked. Which means that my intestines are not getting an adequate blood flow to function properly.

I have had this problem for the past 7 yrs, in that time I went to the Lummi Indian Health Clinic and the VAMC in Seattle, both who diagnosed me with IBS. I am confused as to why after 3 simple cardiology tests I was diagnosed with something other than IBS.

Does anyone know what is going on here??? Thanks and blessings to all.

--------------------
Honor the Creator... Seek peace!!!

Lummibeader
IBS-D with pain
and bloating

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh, no! new
      #271093 - 06/26/06 06:59 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I'm so sorry to hear that! It is puzzling that everyone would have missed something so major. I would suggest getting a confirming opinion, though.

I hope the doctors are able to make you better!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: Wanted to let everyone know new
      #271108 - 06/26/06 07:59 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Doctors are... imperfect humans *coughjerkscough*... and tend to miss the most obvious things sometimes. Like the doc I had in my late teens who, when I went in with severe upper abdominal pain, dismissed me with "You just need to lose some weight". Meanwhile, I had a gallbladder FULL of stones, which was discovered 2 doctors and several years later.

I agree with Christine - another (confirming) opinion couldn't hurt, if you can get one. Other than that, I hope they've found what's REALLY wrong and can get you feeling better soon!

#271171 - 06/27/06 09:53 AM
RobinV

Reged: 01/08/05
Loc: wayne,pa

what were your symptons ?

#271254 - 06/27/06 03:19 PM
Lummi Beader

Reged: 08/25/05
Loc: Bellingham, WA

I had severe abdominal pain and cramping and the cycles of diaherria and constipation. I found that everytime I ate I would get extremely sick. The doctors at the Indian Health Clinic where I live did nothing except prescribe antacids with no relief. After no diagnosis for over 2 yrs and no relief I went to the VAMC in Seattle, since I am a US veteran.

They did some very invasive testing, including a series of poop tests. Since I was having a problem going to the bathroom for #2 it took several months to collect the samples for the tests. Since the samples needed to be fresh and I live over 4 hours north of Seattle, it was up to my body to provide the samples. Very ulky!!!

They diagnosed me with IBS. They also did an EKG and told me that I had a heart attack in the past 3 yrs, that was in 2002. So I tried to recall a time when I might have been having a heart attack, but never remembered anytime that could have been happening.

During this time with my nutrition at an all time low, and little or no digestion my body took calcium from my teeth and caused me to eventually lose my teeth and have false teeth. But with the continued weight loss (I am 115 today) the beautiful dentures do not fit and even with adjustments they still do not fit well.

At this point I do not even look in mirrors, because now I am a shell of my former self. I have very little energy cause my heart is beating extremely slow, and everything I eat except for jello doubles me over in extreme pain.

I hope that answers your question,

--------------------
Honor the Creator... Seek peace!!!

Lummibeader
IBS-D with pain
and bloating

sadly this happens more then it should everywhere.. new
      #271345 - 06/28/06 07:16 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

truly- I was diagnosed with Crohns by a doc just because my mom had it, but the treatments weren't helping, then I finally found a new doc- I have IBS and what a HUGE difference the right diagnosis and treatment can make....

best of luck getting this resolved!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 921 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1673

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review