All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Guess It's Time To Make A Doctor Appointment? Many Things Going On...
      #271069 - 06/26/06 03:56 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Posts: 14959
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I have physical therapy in the morning for my hamstrings again.... and I have some other issues going on that I need to see if I can get in to see my DR for.... aches in my feet and legs...can't even stand to have the sheets touch my feet they hurt so bad (mostly the heels and outer sides of my feet), night sweats, can't sleep, hurts to get out of bed, I'm falling asleep when driving and at my desk at work in the middle of typing.....I've been light headed a few times....by the end of the night I'm darn near in tears just trying to get up and down from the dinner table to stand or walk....it's like once I STOP moving they get worse. This all started a few weeks ago (the week of the 5th I think) before it got really hot outside....and I don't believe that any of it has to do with IBS....I just don't know....

I feel fine other wise.... mood, attitude, etc....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr




Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yes! new
      #271078 - 06/26/06 05:09 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Posts: 1299
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Make that appt. soon! Sorry you're having so much pain! My bunions are really bad when it is humid too... an hour on my feet and I'm done for the day!
If they have a cure for your night sweats, pass it on!!!!
Take Care!!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

eek! new
      #271092 - 06/26/06 06:58 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Posts: 1662
Loc: soCal

That sounds unpleasant, especially for a stud like you! I hope it's nothing too serious! (I have no idea what it could be, anyway.)

Feel better soon!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yes! new
      #271116 - 06/26/06 08:41 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Posts: 14959
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Thanks! I don't have bunions....this is more DEEP like in the bones... most of the time I'm turned funny in bed so that my feet can hang off the edge of the bed so that NOTHING is touching them...but they still throb....

I'll pass on any tips he gives me for night sweats....

Quote:

Make that appt. soon! Sorry you're having so much pain! My bunions are really bad when it is humid too... an hour on my feet and I'm done for the day!
If they have a cure for your night sweats, pass it on!!!!
Take Care!!

Cassandra




--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr




Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Email reply from my Mommy... new
      #271120 - 06/26/06 09:12 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Posts: 14959
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I sent my Mom & Dad an email...basically the same thing I posted here on the boards...this was her reply.... I NEVER even thought of this.... please pray for me... I know what my Mom went through when she was getting just the "right combo" of meds....

Quote:

In a message dated 6/26/06 9:05:40 PM Pacific Standard Time, ----------email.msn.com writes:
Sorry you are in pain!!! Please let your Dr. know about my history of connective tissue disease,lupus. Maybe can run a arthritis panel ANA or help you rule out Lupus. I was about 35 yrs when I first went to Dr.
Please let me know if I can help.
Love MOM





--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr




Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Email reply from my Mommy... new
      #271123 - 06/26/06 09:27 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05
Posts: 2634


I'm thinking of you Shell! I hope it's not lupus.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Email reply from my Mommy... new
      #271124 - 06/26/06 09:45 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Posts: 14959
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Thanks Maria.... I know you have Lupus Does any of this sound like symptoms you have had?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr




Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: eek! new
      #271125 - 06/26/06 09:46 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Posts: 14959
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Thanks Christine!! I intend to stay a STUD too!! LOL I CAN'T let this GET ME.... (or I don't want it to anyway)....

Quote:

That sounds unpleasant, especially for a stud like you! I hope it's nothing too serious! (I have no idea what it could be, anyway.)

Feel better soon!




--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr




Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Email reply from my Mommy... new
      #271128 - 06/26/06 10:07 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Posts: 1662
Loc: soCal

Yikes. Now THERE'S a thought to lose some sleep over. Well, let's see what the doc says and not jump to any conclusions.

Hugs!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Email reply from my Mommy... new
      #271131 - 06/26/06 10:16 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Posts: 14959
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Christine....the only thing I'm jumping to right now is when my personal trainer Heather says, "JUMP!" and I say, "How High!!" LOL Thanks for helping me keep my spirts up.... I'm sure it's nothing...just wanted to express my concerns of discomfort and lack of sleep....hey, it is not even that time of the month and I'm complaining.... so maybe when I'm really PMS'ing I will not be cranky!! LOL

Quote:

Yikes. Now THERE'S a thought to lose some sleep over. Well, let's see what the doc says and not jump to any conclusions.

Hugs!




--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr




Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Guess It's Time To Make A Doctor Appointment? Many Things Going On... new
      #271167 - 06/27/06 09:44 AM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Posts: 2263
Loc: SacTown, CA

A friend of mine was having all sorts of pain in her feet and it turned out to be bone spurs but that doesn't account for fatigue or being lightheaded. Definately go to see that doc and don't worry about what it could be for now. Wait until you know what it is and then you can get a jump on fixin' it. You'll be alright. I'll be thinking of you.

--------------------
***********************
If you're not dead, you've still got time.



Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Guess It's Time To Make A Doctor Appointment? Many Things Going On... new
      #271182 - 06/27/06 10:15 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Posts: 14959
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

There ya go....being all positve again... I saw my PT this morning.... I will post soon about what he said....

Quote:

A friend of mine was having all sorts of pain in her feet and it turned out to be bone spurs but that doesn't account for fatigue or being lightheaded. Definately go to see that doc and don't worry about what it could be for now. Wait until you know what it is and then you can get a jump on fixin' it. You'll be alright. I'll be thinking of you.




--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr




Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Email reply from my Mommy... new
      #271184 - 06/27/06 10:18 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Posts: 6886
Loc: southeastern michigan

That was the first thing I thought of, was your moms connective tissue issues. It can be hereditary. Please make the appt!! Does your skin get red and hot to the touch?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

UPDATE #1 new
      #271187 - 06/27/06 10:39 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Posts: 14959
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Saw my physical therapist this morning.... he used an ultra sound machine on my hamstrings and then rubbed the crap out of them...LOL I feel SO much better.... I told him about my feet and the pain I've been having.... he said it is...Plantar Fasciitis

Quote:


Plantar Fasciitis
When your first few steps out of bed in the morning cause severe pain in the heel of your foot, you may have plantar fasciitis (fashee-EYE-tiss). It's an overuse injury affecting the sole or flexor surface (plantar) of the foot. A diagnosis of plantar fasciitis means you have inflamed the tough, fibrous band of tissue (fascia) connecting your heel bone to the base of your toes.

You're more likely to get the condition if you're a woman, if you're overweight, or if you have a job that requires a lot of walking or standing on hard surfaces. You're also at risk if you walk or run for exercise, especially if you have tight calf muscles that limit how far you can flex your ankles. People with very flat feet or very high arches are also more prone to plantar fasciitis.


The condition starts gradually with mild pain at the heel bone often referred to as a stone bruise. You're more likely to feel it after (not during) exercise. The pain classically occurs again after arising from a midday lunch break.

If you don't treat plantar fasciitis, it may become a chronic condition. You may not be able to keep up your level of activity and you may also develop symptoms of foot, knee, hip and back problems because of the way plantar fasciitis changes the way you walk.



web page





Treatments per my PT:
Yoga strap for stretching the hamstrings....
2 tennis balls, he showed me how to roll around on them while sitting. He said to go to the pet store and buy some in bulk...they are cheap (I'm not playing tennis with them..LOL)... 2 for at work, 2 for the living room, 2 for the bedroom.... will use them BEFORE I put any weight on them in the morning.... will use at work after lunch at my desk, will use after dinner in the living room, followed by placing my feet on ice packs for 15 mins in the evening only. I see him again on Friday....

He really thinks the reason my hamstring problem "returned" is because I'm not walking right due to the pain in my feet...makes sense to me! I really like this guy...he seems to know his stuff AND he knew the surgeon that just did Shane's elbow!

So, as far as the falling asleep... I'm HOPING that is just because I have not been able to sleep at night due to the pain.... Hopefully I will feel better by weeks end.

But I will still call and let my DR know about the night sweats and being light headed.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr




Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Email reply from my Mommy... new
      #271190 - 06/27/06 10:41 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Posts: 14959
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Only in one area....but I think that is a "extra hanging skin" issue...after losing weight....

Quote:

That was the first thing I thought of, was your moms connective tissue issues. It can be hereditary. Please make the appt!! Does your skin get red and hot to the touch?




--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr




Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: UPDATE #1 new
      #271191 - 06/27/06 10:46 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Posts: 1716
Loc: Maryland

Shell,

First, I am sorry to hear that you have been in so much pain. It is good that you have some answers now and he gave you postive, easy things you can do to help the pain.

I agree that you should still see your doctor. Not being able to sleep may just be the pain in your heels. I wake up all during the night with pain in my hands. You do need to find out why you are having night sweats and feeling light headed.

Good luck and keep us posted.



--------------------
Janey

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: UPDATE #1 new
      #271239 - 06/27/06 01:45 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Posts: 3563
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Hi Shell,

That sounds so painful. I got a fright when your Mom mentioned lupus but was relieved that your PT came up with a more physical issue. You take it easy now and stick to doing those exercises he gave you.

Get better soon.

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: UPDATE #1 new
      #271275 - 06/27/06 05:54 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Posts: 2263
Loc: SacTown, CA

Okay, well, this sounds like it can be handled. Ah, the pleasures of life. IBS, menstrual cycles, and plantar fasciitis. Who could ask for more? It sounds like a real pain in the ass, or foot. But it's good that it isn't something more serious.

--------------------
***********************
If you're not dead, you've still got time.



Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Shell.....about PF new
      #271332 - 06/28/06 05:18 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03
Posts: 3522


I'm so sorry you are dealing with plantar fascitiis. I have had this for years and will be having surgery for this soon. It is extremely painful! Who could imagine that those first steps would hurt so much?

My doctor says he rarely does surgery for this anymore (only on about 2 patients a year) because in most cases, conservative measures work. I have tried everything (ultrasound, taping, night splints, boot cast, medications, ice, stretching, physical therapy, custom orthodics, and every shoe pad imaginable, different shoes, etc.)----and I cannot get it resolved, but I am not the typical case. I have extremely flat feet and I pronate or turn my foot to the side when I walk---due to poor bone structure), and this has caused that muscle to constantly be stretched. And I also have nerve damage in my foot and a disc problem in my back, so my case is very complicated.

My doctor----one of the best orthopedic surgeons in the country---told me that many times it takes 6 months to 1 year to get PF under control, and that the sooner you nip it in the bud, the better off you will be. The longer it lingers, the harder it is to get rid of, so PLEASE take it seriously and get it under control now.

It sounds like you have a wonderful PT and he is recommending all of the right things for you. The stretching exercises should help. You may want to ask him about icing your foot. Rolling your foot on a very cold can of soda can help.

Other things I'd recommend:
1. Always stretch before you get out of bed in the morning. Massage your heel to get the circulation to that area going.
2. DO NOT GO BAREFOOT---ever! The minute you get up in the morning, put your shoes on. Going barefoot, especially on hard surfaces such as wood floors, concrete or ceramic tile, will only make it much worse. I know this is how mine got so bad!
3. About shoes: wear a good pair of running shoes all the time. I have to wear a type of New Balance shoe that helps prevent my foot from pronating. If you have a NB store nearby, talk to the manager about your problem. The store near me has a computer that can scan your foot and tell them which shoe is the correct one for you. They are pros at dealing with foot problems. All those cute summer shoes (flip-flops and slip-on sandals) will only make the problem worse.
4. Also, there is a treatment called extracorporeal shock wave therapy (ESWT) that many people have had success with. With this, your heel is treated with shock waves, similar to the technique used to dissolve kidney stones. I was hoping this would work for me (my doctor recommended it), but my insurance will not cover it and it's $2,500!!! Some insurance companies will pay for it and others won't (because it is fairly new and the jury is still out on whether it's successful for this problem.)

I hope I haven't scared you to death with the details, but I wish someone had told me years ago how hard this is to treat. I didn't take it seriously and I'm now suffering the consequences. If I had had the surgery last year, I would only be dealing with one foot. Now---because my right foot hurt so much that I changed my gait---I have it in BOTH feet!

I also have nerve damage in my right heel (tarsal tunnel syndrome) and degenerative disc disease (problem with 2 discs in my lower back), so my case is kind of completed. I'm dreading the surgery because I know being on crutches and in a cast for 6 weeks will only make my back problem worse.

You should be able to get rid of this since you caught it so soon! PLEASE do every thing your PT tells you to. And if you need to vent, I'm here to listen. Only someone who has dealt with this can understand how painful it can be!






Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

good luck with the doc.. new
      #271336 - 06/28/06 06:40 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Posts: 3612
Loc: Michigan

and glad ot hear thats all it is, I have had several friens withthe PF diagnosis.. its not that bad..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant


Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Amie new
      #271339 - 06/28/06 06:59 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03
Posts: 3522


I had to laugh at your comment that "that's all it is." Plantar fascitiis is one of the most painful things you can experience, and it can be crippling! When I get up in the morning, I have to hold onto the bedpost, then the wall, then the door just to make it to the bathroom because those "first steps" are excruitating.

It feels like you are walking on knives and hot coals at the same time! And it can take up to a year to get rid of. Although I'm sure it doesn't sound serious to someone who's never experienced it, it can be crippling! I have had to turn down so many social activities because I cannot walk. Just walking from the car into the grocery store is awful!

My husband gets so frustrated with me because I walk so slowly, but it is so PAINFUL! You cannot imagine how bad it is until you have dealt with this.




Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Shell. ...one more thing new
      #271340 - 06/28/06 07:02 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03
Posts: 3522


You may want to check out the www.heelspurs.com website. The message board, like this one, is very helpful. You can chat with others who are experiencing this pain, and you can get some good suggestions for dealing with it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: UPDATE #1 new
      #271401 - 06/28/06 11:10 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Posts: 14959
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Thanks Janey.....

I took a nap from 6-8pm last night...and then got up and made dinner I guess I crashed HARD... Shane said the phone rang and there was a Harley outside that he thought for sure would have woken me up... I did not hear a thing!

Then we went to bed at 10pm...(it's been midnight or later the last 2 weeks cuz of all the extra thing we have needed to do with Shane's arm)....but those days are almost over!! So, I got about 7 hours last night plus my 2 hour nap... I have NOT fallen asleep today!!

I did my ball exercises last night before bed and did the ice treatment...and repeated the balls this morning before I got out of bed...seems to have helped. It was great after the ice last night cuz I was able to walk on them for the 1st time in weeks without them hurting (they were numb)....

I've got kickboxing tonight and then I will do the new stretches with the yoga strap in addition to the ones I usually do after class.....



Quote:

Shell,

First, I am sorry to hear that you have been in so much pain. It is good that you have some answers now and he gave you postive, easy things you can do to help the pain.

I agree that you should still see your doctor. Not being able to sleep may just be the pain in your heels. I wake up all during the night with pain in my hands. You do need to find out why you are having night sweats and feeling light headed.

Good luck and keep us posted.






--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr




Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: UPDATE #1 new
      #271402 - 06/28/06 11:14 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Posts: 14959
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Sinead:

Yes, it is painful.... and I plan to be very agressive with the exercises he gave me...

Thanks!


Quote:

Hi Shell,

That sounds so painful. I got a fright when your Mom mentioned lupus but was relieved that your PT came up with a more physical issue. You take it easy now and stick to doing those exercises he gave you.

Get better soon.




--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr




Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: UPDATE #1 new
      #271403 - 06/28/06 11:17 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Posts: 14959
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Melissa:

I'm hoping that paying close attention to it NOW will make it go away.... and not return.....or become more serious over time.... I will do everything in MY POWER to make it go away!!

You asked "Who could ask for more?" I could ask for more........CHOCOLATE!!

Thanks!!

P.S. the cool thing is...after meeting you in person...I can HEAR you saying all of this...LOL

Quote:

Okay, well, this sounds like it can be handled. Ah, the pleasures of life. IBS, menstrual cycles, and plantar fasciitis. Who could ask for more? It sounds like a real pain in the ass, or foot. But it's good that it isn't something more serious.




--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr




Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Shell.....about PF new
      #271404 - 06/28/06 11:21 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Posts: 14959
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

BL:

Thank you soooo much for your post about PF.... you have so much info on it... I guess you would with all you have been though with it. I'm crossing my fingers that I've addressed it early enough that it will not become a lifetime problem...I will be very agressive with treatment. See my reply to Janey to see everything I did last night and this morning.

Thank you for caring SO MUCH... {{big big hugs}}


Quote:

I'm so sorry you are dealing with plantar fascitiis. I have had this for years and will be having surgery for this soon. It is extremely painful! Who could imagine that those first steps would hurt so much?

My doctor says he rarely does surgery for this anymore (only on about 2 patients a year) because in most cases, conservative measures work. I have tried everything (ultrasound, taping, night splints, boot cast, medications, ice, stretching, physical therapy, custom orthodics, and every shoe pad imaginable, different shoes, etc.)----and I cannot get it resolved, but I am not the typical case. I have extremely flat feet and I pronate or turn my foot to the side when I walk---due to poor bone structure), and this has caused that muscle to constantly be stretched. And I also have nerve damage in my foot and a disc problem in my back, so my case is very complicated.

My doctor----one of the best orthopedic surgeons in the country---told me that many times it takes 6 months to 1 year to get PF under control, and that the sooner you nip it in the bud, the better off you will be. The longer it lingers, the harder it is to get rid of, so PLEASE take it seriously and get it under control now.

It sounds like you have a wonderful PT and he is recommending all of the right things for you. The stretching exercises should help. You may want to ask him about icing your foot. Rolling your foot on a very cold can of soda can help.

Other things I'd recommend:
1. Always stretch before you get out of bed in the morning. Massage your heel to get the circulation to that area going.
2. DO NOT GO BAREFOOT---ever! The minute you get up in the morning, put your shoes on. Going barefoot, especially on hard surfaces such as wood floors, concrete or ceramic tile, will only make it much worse. I know this is how mine got so bad!
3. About shoes: wear a good pair of running shoes all the time. I have to wear a type of New Balance shoe that helps prevent my foot from pronating. If you have a NB store nearby, talk to the manager about your problem. The store near me has a computer that can scan your foot and tell them which shoe is the correct one for you. They are pros at dealing with foot problems. All those cute summer shoes (flip-flops and slip-on sandals) will only make the problem worse.
4. Also, there is a treatment called extracorporeal shock wave therapy (ESWT) that many people have had success with. With this, your heel is treated with shock waves, similar to the technique used to dissolve kidney stones. I was hoping this would work for me (my doctor recommended it), but my insurance will not cover it and it's $2,500!!! Some insurance companies will pay for it and others won't (because it is fairly new and the jury is still out on whether it's successful for this problem.)

I hope I haven't scared you to death with the details, but I wish someone had told me years ago how hard this is to treat. I didn't take it seriously and I'm now suffering the consequences. If I had had the surgery last year, I would only be dealing with one foot. Now---because my right foot hurt so much that I changed my gait---I have it in BOTH feet!

I also have nerve damage in my right heel (tarsal tunnel syndrome) and degenerative disc disease (problem with 2 discs in my lower back), so my case is kind of completed. I'm dreading the surgery because I know being on crutches and in a cast for 6 weeks will only make my back problem worse.

You should be able to get rid of this since you caught it so soon! PLEASE do every thing your PT tells you to. And if you need to vent, I'm here to listen. Only someone who has dealt with this can understand how painful it can be!









--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr




Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Shell. ...one more thing new
      #271405 - 06/28/06 11:21 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Posts: 14959
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh THANK YOU!!

Quote:

You may want to check out the www.heelspurs.com website. The message board, like this one, is very helpful. You can chat with others who are experiencing this pain, and you can get some good suggestions for dealing with it.




--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr




Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

You're right. We all need IBS, menstrual cycles, plantar fasciitis, and chocolate. LOL *nt new
      #271473 - 06/28/06 05:50 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Posts: 2263
Loc: SacTown, CA



--------------------
***********************
If you're not dead, you've still got time.



Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Guess It's Time To Make A Doctor Appointment? Many Things Going On... new
      #271513 - 06/29/06 05:33 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Posts: 2518
Loc: Michigan

Shell-
Just read this and wanted to send you some hugs and I hope you get to the bottom of all this. Just make sure you keep on those doctors and take good care of yourself!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

BL- I wasn't downplaying it on its own.. new
      #271569 - 06/29/06 09:30 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Posts: 3612
Loc: Michigan

but rather pointing out that its treatable- sorry, my DH has a form of genetic rickets and he gets small fractures in his bones all the time and has a ton of pain from just everyday walking, but he has to go on.. and this is something that will continue to get worse as he ages, never go away... there are so many other things that could cause pain and be even more long term severe.. that a diagnosis of somethign that is treatable even something painful is a good thing in my mind!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant


Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

UPDATE #2 new
      #271799 - 06/30/06 08:13 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Posts: 14959
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Just got back from the physical therapist, he is happy with the progress on my hamstrings, said to keep workin on the feet and also showed me some calf stretches, he said even if your calf's do FEEL tight... then still can effect your feet because somewhere along the line they connect. I will see him again Fri 7th @ 7:30am.

Have not fallen asleep while driving or at my desk since Monday!!!!! Guess I just NEEDED more sleep.... Since it has been so hot... not sure if the sweating at night is due to the heat or not... so I guess we will see...

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr




Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: UPDATE #2 new
      #271804 - 06/30/06 08:25 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Posts: 1322
Loc: the wabe

Glad you're feeling a little more alert. Did you talk to your doctor yet? I guess personally if you're having that much pain (and other symptoms) I'd want to get more thoroughly checked out before assuming that the physical therapist's diagnosis is correct. Are you feeling better from doing the exercises he recommended?

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: UPDATE #2 new
      #271812 - 06/30/06 09:03 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Posts: 14959
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Hi Jen... thanks for your concern.... I AM feeling MUCH better in the hamstrings and the exercises that he gave me for the feet feel WONDERFUL... I'm also icing (per his instructions) before bed so my pain is very minimal when I climb into bed and I'm actually able to fall asleep without feeling the THROBBING pain that I've been having. I really think that was the root of all my evil.... sleep deprivation due to a combination of my pain and taking care of Shane with his bionic arm..... guess maybe that is what mothers of new born feel like.... never really "sleeping" because they are always watching or listening for the baby... that is what it was like with Shane. Physically I feel a lot better....!!

Quote:

Glad you're feeling a little more alert. Did you talk to your doctor yet? I guess personally if you're having that much pain (and other symptoms) I'd want to get more thoroughly checked out before assuming that the physical therapist's diagnosis is correct. Are you feeling better from doing the exercises he recommended?




--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr




Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: UPDATE #2 new
      #271821 - 06/30/06 09:41 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Posts: 6886
Loc: southeastern michigan

YAY! So glad to hear you are feeling better! Have you ever tried BioFreeze? Its like a ben gay kind of thing but works MUCH better and doesn't stink so bad!! I got some when I was going to pt and its pretty good stuff!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: UPDATE #2 new
      #271828 - 06/30/06 10:11 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Posts: 14959
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

No, I've never heard of BioFreeze... I looked on the website and it says......

Q: Where can I buy Biofreeze?

A: The best place to purchase Biofreeze is through a licensed Health Care Professional in your area. Check local yellow pages for Chiropractors, Podiatrists, Athletic Trainers, Occupational, Massage or Physical Therapists


So, I guess I will have to ask... do you recall how much you paid? We are watchin our pennies right now cuz we still don't know how much of Shane health insurance is going to pay for his hospital stay and surgery....

Quote:

YAY! So glad to hear you are feeling better! Have you ever tried BioFreeze? Its like a ben gay kind of thing but works MUCH better and doesn't stink so bad!! I got some when I was going to pt and its pretty good stuff!




--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr




Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Biofreeze - better then BenGay. new
      #271831 - 06/30/06 10:23 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Posts: 900
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

My wife & I use it for our aches. We get from our chiropractor. It is really good on joints and muscles after a long day.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Biofreeze - better then BenGay. new
      #271834 - 06/30/06 10:27 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Posts: 14959
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

My wife & I use it for our aches. We get from our chiropractor. It is really good on joints and muscles after a long day.




Thanks... I'm gonna call his office now and see if they can get it for me...

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr




Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Biofreeze - better then BenGay. new
      #271835 - 06/30/06 10:38 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Posts: 6886
Loc: southeastern michigan

I don't remember exactly how much but I remember thinking it was a bit expensive!! A lot of times though they have little sample packs, maybe they could sneak you a couple of those to try first!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Shell, how are you doing? *nt new
      #273774 - 07/12/06 07:02 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Posts: 2263
Loc: SacTown, CA



--------------------
***********************
If you're not dead, you've still got time.



Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Shell, how are you doing? new
      #273787 - 07/12/06 09:25 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Posts: 14959
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

AAww... thanks for asking!! I'm gonna copy/paste the reply I gave to Alicia on the Fitness Board....

*My hamstrings are a little better....
*The plantar fasciitis in my right foot is really bad... the left hurts but not nearly as much.
*As for lack of sleep.... we went bed shoppin on Sat and we will have a new bed delivered next Sat... I'm so excited..I have not had a new bed since 1995!!
*The night sweats have stopped
*I've been light headed a few times like when I stand up really fast... I still have not called my Dr about (BAD Shell) Shane keeps scolding me too.... but I don't wanna go...I feel so silly going when there is not anything physical to show him...if ya know what I mean...."Hi, I've been dizzy lately, but not right now....." LOL Does anyone else feel like that?

Thanks again for asking about me....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr




Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

go.. and I say this from experience.. new
      #273799 - 07/13/06 04:20 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Posts: 3612
Loc: Michigan

there are a # of things that can cause the lightheaded when standing thing- from low blood pressure to various issues with the inner ear/fluid in your ears- having had issues where I've been on bedrest for weeks at a time due to severe bouts of vertigo- the first sign of a potential problem and I'm calling the docs!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant


Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I say go, too. You need to take care of yourself. new
      #273963 - 07/13/06 11:20 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Posts: 2263
Loc: SacTown, CA

I used to go in to see my doc for everything. They always gave me that look like I was making things up but who cares what they think. My health is more important than their opinion. And so is yours. Get in there and see that doc!

--------------------
***********************
If you're not dead, you've still got time.



Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 736 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9902

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

*
UBB.threads™ 6.2


HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review