All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anyone have or have info about prolapse???????
      #270984 - 06/26/06 05:57 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

I posted this on the EFI board, but haven't gotten any responses. I thought maybe someone here might be able to give me some info. Does anyone have or know anyting about rectal or other types of prolapse. I'm wondering if I might possibly have a mild case of that, but I don't know much about it. I can't find a ton of info online. Just thought someone with first hand experience might have some insight...what are the symptoms, how is it diagnosed, how is it treated, etc.? I would greatly appreciate any info.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Michelle / Ecmmbm new
      #270987 - 06/26/06 06:18 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I think Michelle has this, if I remember correctly. She hasn't been on the boards too much lately but I'm sure she'd be happy to help you if she has what you have. Her email was posted in her profile: teachermommy@adelphia.net

Hope that helps.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: Michelle / Ecmmbm new
      #270998 - 06/26/06 07:22 AM
Mary_V

Thanks!! I e-mailed her. Hopefully I can get some info.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

I've have a prolapse too... new
      #271065 - 06/26/06 03:31 PM
Computr821

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/ Baltimore, MD

I'm actually having surgery on my rectal prolapse this July. I might be able to give you some info, though you might also prefer to get it from someone the same gender as you.

Avidan

--------------------
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?
--'Weird' Al Yankovic, "A Complicated Song"

Re: I've have a prolapse too... new
      #271142 - 06/27/06 04:57 AM
Mary_V

Any info is good. I'm going to see a new GI soon...still waiting for them to set up my appt. Just wanted to know if my sypmtoms truly resemble prolapse or if this is a waste of time. Could you just list a few of the main symptoms and how you were diagnosed?

--------------------
~Mary

Re: I've have a prolapse too... new
      #271246 - 06/27/06 02:03 PM
Computr821

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/ Baltimore, MD

Just to warn y'all, this is almost definately TMI.

Symptoms....no real "symptoms" per se, except that every time you have a BM, a mass decends out of the anal sphincter. For me, I was acutely aware of something bodily exiting and reentering my body (I know this sounds weird, but it's the best I can do.)

Diagnosis: My GI found it during a colonoscopy but it was confirmed by a surgical consult. I'm also getting a barium enema (tomorrow in fact) so my docs can see exactly what's happening. Prior to this, the surgical consult was able to do a visual inspection because I pushed out the prolapse for him to see. Not my most pleasant experience.

BTW, I'm turning 21 in August and my doc says I have the colon of a 90 year old. Nice, no?

Avidan

--------------------
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?
--'Weird' Al Yankovic, "A Complicated Song"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 190 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1065

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review