All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What to do for ibs while pregnant
      #270783 - 06/23/06 08:43 PM
aliska

Reged: 06/23/06

I need some advice. I am 6 wks pregnant and I have noticed that my IBS has gotten worse. The constant feeling of exhaustion, the feeling of a racing heart and most of all abdominal muscle spasm's are driving me crazy. For the last 2 1/2 weeks I have been getting to bed after 3 am once the spasms subsides. Last night I almost had a breakdown, I am not sure if it was from the spasms or mentally I have had enough. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? Can the doctors prescribe anything for relief since I am pregnant?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Welcome to the boards! new
      #270797 - 06/24/06 05:36 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

If you go over to the "IBS Diet" board - the link is at the top of the page, all the way to the left - the very first post on the page is "IBS and Pregnancy". It's permanently at the top of that forum, so it's easy to find. You should find some helpful information in there.

Re: What to do for ibs while pregnant new
      #270949 - 06/25/06 08:18 PM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

First of all, congratulations on your pregnancy! I too am pregnant (24 weeks)and at first my IBS symptoms were horrible. Now that I am further along I am starting to feel better, I still have the "urgency" feeling but everything is normal. I am even able to eat stuff that I could not touch before. Hang in there and give yourself sometime. Try to think about your pregnancy and the new baby and not so much of your tummy troubles. I had to constantly remind myself of the outcome and I started to feel better. Good luck and keep us updated.

Brandy

Re: What to do for ibs while pregnant new
      #270990 - 06/26/06 06:29 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Hi! I am currently sixteen weeks pregnant and I will tell you that my IBS was bad in the beginning. I am IBS-C and I was IBS-A during some of the beginning and then back to C. But these past few weeks have been so much better. I can also eat some things I couldn't in the past. So hang in there because the influx of hormones in the beginning really take a toll but around 12 weeks or so you tummy should settle down a bit. Everyone is different too so try to be patient and remember the outcome will be soooo worth it!!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 214 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1038

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review