All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What is this sensation??
      #270592 - 06/22/06 03:29 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I was at a school I subbed at a ton last year, today, and the guy I used to come in for a lot...well we were tlaking at lunch, and he'd just spklit from his wife i guess...well then I got these SENSATIONS where maybe deep down inside I always thought he was really cute but never acknowledgd it!

This has not happened to me in five years! Very odd!

Don't worry, I'm a good girl, and professional and will not ACT on these sensations but I think I'm....FEELING again!

lol, it's just so, FOREIGN to me. Yep, I guess I married for the wrong reasons. If I'm not having those sort of feelings for my husband (or ex) then why would I for a man I've known for two years???

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What is this sensation?? new
      #270594 - 06/22/06 03:51 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

You have been married....you did not ALLOW yourself to have "those feelings".... too bad you can't say the same thing for the guy you are married to

Sorry if that sounded rude...but I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking it

Give yourself some time...don't jump into anything...even after things are settled with the divorce...this guy or any....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

I think its great.... new
      #270599 - 06/22/06 04:01 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

that that part of you is being reignited....and dont worry about it or feel weird about it...I can imagine its normal when you've been with someone for so long to feel like you cant imagine having feelings for someone else...but those sensations are letting you know that you can feel that and Im sure when the time is right and when the right person comes along...whoever it may be...you can be happy and in love with somebody else. I cant wait till the day when you're posting about how loved up and happy you are with someone who truly deserves you....cos I KNOW its gona happen. When the time is right for you...that will happen...but I knw for now you want to concentrate on YOU and KAYLEIGH and I think having that time to rediscover yourself is important...but at the same time....you cant choose when you fall in love!

--------------------
Natalie

LOL your pic cracked me up! Anyhow... new
      #270611 - 06/22/06 05:00 PM
_Willow

I'm nowhere near ready to go near an actual man, and you are right-X didn't care about pushing those feelings down, it's not rude, it's just fact.

Not that I'm in love with someone, I'm just attracted to him. I know too much about him so I know it wouldn't work, and I'm not even ready for a casual date yet, let alone actually crushing on someone!

But it's nice to know I'm not dead inside. I haven't even had physical sttraction to the EX in two years or so, but thought that was just marriage. Who knows. I'm definitely OK that it's over between us.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

You know, I want to do things differently this time... new
      #270612 - 06/22/06 05:04 PM
_Willow

...because I have been known to go straight from relationship to relationship. Even though I was single when Trevor and I met, I was in a "relationship" of sorts with a guy at that time that was purely physical, and that was for two years. previoous to that, the longest I'd been officially single was three months maybe-so three months in the last tthirteen years.

I only EVER defined myself by being with a man (well let's be honest, boys) and now am more than ready to be single and define myself by ME, and by my daughter. I am still not 100% sure who I am and what I need from a relationship.

I sorted out what I want I guess, but now I have to decide what i NEED, and that will provide me the right guy.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#270623 - 06/22/06 05:55 PM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Hi Shannon,

I just read your post, I'm so happy for you.

I'm glad that the healing process has begun and I think that you will definitely find the right guy when you are ready.

I think it's a good idea to find yourself and focus on you and your daughter because as you said then you'll know what you need from a relationship.

Jenn

Re: LOL your pic cracked me up! Anyhow... new
      #270636 - 06/22/06 07:43 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Good thinkin'! Make sure you work on yourself and Kayleigh and get some real peace in your life. Then, when you're least expecting it...he'll come along...Mr. Right.

In the meantime, you're gettin' your sass back lady! Good for you.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

I am happy for you!! - nt - new
      #270710 - 06/23/06 08:57 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#270714 - 06/23/06 09:27 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I think you're "cured" - if not completely, you are definately on the mend girl! Now, don't rush!! But I'm glad your heart is still in there somewhere!!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#270731 - 06/23/06 10:30 AM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I think this is good. It shows that you are moving forward and not stuck in denial about the whole thing. And it's totally normal to have feelings for other people, even if you are married. The difference between right and wrong is defined by your actions.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 522 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3215

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review