All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Want something to laugh about?
      #269781 - 06/16/06 05:11 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

As it turns out my ovary has been hurting me quite a bit... AGAIN... (no, that's not the ha ha ha part... I mean if that makes you guffah feel free but hoping not, LOL!)

So I go to my doc and explain various things I'm experiencing and we both agree that my ovaries are sooooooo screwed up from all they've done to me in there (3 surgeries). I dont' want another surgery to remove the dumb things after all this and he says the cysts are harmless (well, painful but harmless) so the best and easiest avenue now is hormone control therapy. i.e. birth control

I start laughing uncontrollably. I think first of all it was the relief that we'll try something SIMPLE this time (every time I leave his office it's with directions to seek out a surgeon or radiologist or whatever... so I was relieved) but also I was just CRACKING UP... I mean, get the irony... I have no uterus and dh has had a vasectomy. And Im' on BC! Good NIGHT....

I'm using Nuvaring and hoping it also helps with IBS and mood swings (hey, a lady can hope, right?) Mostly I'm hoping it stops my ovaries (left in particular) from developing cysts that feel like someone stabbed me and forgot to pull the knife back out (yowzers!)

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Want something to laugh about? new
      #269788 - 06/16/06 06:26 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oh gosh! well at least its simpler this time around. They did the same for my mom.. gave her a hysterectomy and then wanted her to take BC.. I guess that stuff works wonders

btw.. loooove the new pic!

--------------------

Re: Very ironic! PS - love the new picture!! nt new
      #269790 - 06/16/06 06:56 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Re: Not laughing... new
      #269791 - 06/16/06 07:24 AM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Michelle,

Not laughing because I am almost in that same boat. I had repeated cysts that were so bad on the right side that I had my ovary removed(Because it fell AAAAAH!) I had surgery again 2 years later to remove scar tissue from the 1st operation and now my second ovary is producing cysts almost monthly. My husband has also had a vasectomy. My doctor also recommends birth control. Huh? That's what I thought at first too. I have not tried it yet because I was always super nauseous on BC, so I'm afraid basically. Let us know how you do on the ring!

Laura

Re: Not laughing... new
      #269797 - 06/16/06 08:16 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Birth control for cysts is very common. Being on fertility drugs has the nasty side effect of causing cysts and several of my fertility buddies have been forced to go on birth control for a month or two to get ride of them. Very frustrating when you are trying to have a baby!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Want something to laugh about? new
      #269916 - 06/16/06 11:23 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I had huge, nasty ovarian cysts and the BC not only reduced them but also helped a lot with my IBS symptoms. It took about 6 months for my cysts to shrink back down to a normal size.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Thanks, this encourages me to know it CAN work! nt new
      #269921 - 06/17/06 05:57 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Ah, life's little jokes, eh? new
      #269961 - 06/17/06 11:52 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Beautiful irony!!

And then me-I finally after years find a birth control that works and get my hormones stabilized, and my Dh breaks up with me. Hmph. So I went off it, don't need the extra charge every month!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Just wanted to add... new
      #270586 - 06/22/06 03:01 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Ortho Evra (the patch) is what I used to shrink down my cysts. I hope Nuvaring helps you but if it doesn't for some reason, give the Ortho a shot.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 99 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1761

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review