All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Does anyone know anything about the restaurant The Melting Pot?
      #269414 - 06/14/06 12:52 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I am going there tomorrow night with some girlfriends and I know it is a fondue type place but I have tried to bring up the menu on my computer and am having no luck. Anyone heard of it or know if there are some safe things I can dip my food into. I won't be doing the cheese but wondered if anyone else could pull up the menu and possible give me an idea??? Thanks!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Does anyone know anything about the restaurant The Melting Pot? new
      #269415 - 06/14/06 12:55 PM
Honey mix

Reged: 11/16/05
Loc: USA wish it was England

I've herd of it its a cheaper version of the Mona Lisa I think strawberries with a little chocolate on it wouldn't hurt

--------------------
Puppies Are Cute But I'm Cuter

Here you go! (it's a long one) new
      #269432 - 06/14/06 01:57 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Welcome
to The Melting Pot
Your fondue experience... Attentive service, fine wines, the highest quality fresh
ingredients, a variety of cooking styles, unique sauces, your favorite chocolate
fondue. The Melting Pot... Dip into something different.®

Cheese Fondue Course
Your choice of any of our delectable cheese fondues
Traditional Swiss Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, Fiesta Cheese or Wisconsin Trio Cheese
Salad Course
Caesar salad or your choice of any of our signature salads
Parmesan Italian Mushroom Salad, Sweet & Tangy Chef's Salad, Raspberry Black Walnut Vinaigrette California Salad.
Entrée
Your entrée will be cooked tableside in your choice of any of our cooking styles.
Accompanied by a fresh vegetable medley of broccoli, new potatoes, yellow squash and mushroom caps,
and eight different homemade sauces for dipping both meats and vegetables
Chocolate Fondue Course
Enjoy any of our mouth-watering chocolate fondues. All chocolate fondues include the following for dipping:
strawberries, marshmallows, pineapple, bananas, cheesecake, pound cake and brownies.
*The Big Night Out®
An evening at The Melting Pot is an opportunity to escape the routine of everyday life and create wonderful memories with friends and family.
Whether you are celebrating a special occasion, spending time with good friends or wowing a business partner, tonight should be
remembered as "The Big Night Out"® for your party. We have carefully selected the perfect four-course dinner for two at a great value.
Our feature includes a cheese fondue course prepared tableside, freshly created salads, signature entrées and an unforgettable chocolate
fondue dessert. So sit back and enjoy your big night with the comforts of excellent service in an atmosphere of casual elegance!
The Colossal
Lobster Tail, Choice Tenderloin
Black Tiger Shrimp, Breast of Chicken
Fresh Fish Fillet
$88 per couple, $44 per person
The Center Cut Combination
Center Cut Filet Mignon Medallions
Black Tiger Shrimp, Sea Scallops,
Breast of Chicken, Peppered Pork Tenderloin,
Gorgonzola Ravioli

$78 per couple, $39 per person
*All meats and vegetables are served to the table uncooked. Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry,
seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have a medical condition.
At The Melting Pot, great fondue begins with the finest quality cheeses, carefully aged to our demanding
specifications. Our cheese fondues are rich in flavor, with a creamy smooth texture. Your server prepares each
fondue tableside and seasons it to your taste. Fresh breads, vegetables, and apples are served for dipping.
$14 (serves 1-2)
Each Additional Person $7
Cheddar Cheese Fondue
Aged, medium-sharp Cheddar and Emmenthaler Swiss cheese,
lager beer, garlic, and seasonings.

Traditional Swiss Cheese Fondue
Grùyere and Emmenthaler Swiss cheeses, white wine, a touch of garlic, nutmeg, fresh lemon, and Kirschwasser.

Wisconsin Trio Cheese Fondue
Creamy Fontina and Butterkäse, as well as Buttermilk Bleu Cheese with white wine, fresh scallions, and a hint of sherry.

Fiesta Cheese Fondue
Cheddar cheese with the flavor of Mexican herbs, spices, jalapeño peppers, and salsa. Served with crisp tortilla chips... and we'll make it as spicy as you like.

Mushroom Salad
Fresh sliced mushrooms and crisp greens topped
with freshly prepared Parmesan Italian Dressing.

Chef's Salad
Crisp greens with Roma tomatoes, cucumbers, sliced eggs,
smoked ham and Emmenthaler Swiss cheese, topped with
our sweet and tangy House Dressing.

California Salad
Mixed baby salad greens, Roma tomatoes, walnuts,
and Gorgonzola Cheese, topped with Raspberry
Black Walnut Vinaigrette Dressing.

Salads are included with all Fondue for Two and Signature Entrée selections.
A la Carte $5
Coq au Vin Fondue
Our own interpretation of the cooking style favored in the French countryside. It combines the flavors of fresh herbs, mushrooms, garlic, imported spices, and a hearty Burgundy Wine.

An additional $5 per pot
Fondue Court Bouillon
A seasoned vegetable broth that is full of flavor while
low in sodium, and cholesterol-free.

Mojo Fondue
This Caribbean seasoned bouillon has distinctive
flavors of fresh garlic with a citrus flair!

An additional $5 per pot
Fondue Bourguignonne
The European-style of cooking in cholesterol-free canola oil
served with our signature sesame and tempura fondue batters.
cooking style selections
Your entrée can be cooked in any of our flavorful fondue cooking styles.
An 18% gratuity will be added to parties of 6 or more.

Signature Selection $49
Choice tenderloin, shrimp, teriyaki marinated choice sirloin, boneless breast of chicken and fresh fish fillet.
When enjoying Court Bouillon, Coq au Vin or Mojo Style, this dinner features fresh salmon.

Surf & Turf $78
Savor the flavors of succulent twin lobster tails, tender medallions of filet mignon, and Portobello mushrooms.

Pacific Rim $52
Teriyaki-marinated choice sirloin, shrimp, peppered pork tenderloin, marinated breast of duck,
boneless breast of chicken, and potstickers.
All entrées include your choice of one of our signature salads. Entrées are accompanied
by fresh broccoli, mushrooms, yellow squash, red bliss potatoes, and a variety of featured sauces.

The French Quarter $19
Andouille sausage along with shrimp, choice tenderloin, and
boneless breast of chicken, rolled in a Cajun spice blend.

Teriyaki Sirloin $18
Teriyaki-marinated choice sirloin.

The Center Cut 6oz. $22 9oz. $27
Tender medallions of filet mignon served
with Portobello mushrooms.

Breast of Chicken $16
Boneless breast of chicken.

Shrimp & Sirloin $20
Shrimp paired with teriyaki-marinated choice sirloin.

Twin Lobster Tails $45
Two succulent lobster tails served with Garlic Dijon Butter.

The Vegetarian $16
An array of fresh seasonal vegetables, tofu, artichoke hearts, Portobello mushrooms, and our own Spinach and
Gorgonzola Ravioli.

Seafood Trio $19
Shrimp, scallops, and fresh fish fillet.

*signature entrées
Designed to be shared by two...your three course fondue experience is accompanied by fresh broccoli, mushrooms,
yellow squash, red bliss potatoes, and a variety of featured sauces. Your Fondue for Two includes the following:
Cheese Fondue Course
Choose one of our cheese fondues. Served with apples, vegetables and a bowl of fresh breads.
Salad Course
One of our signature salads for each guest.
Entrée Course
Select one combination from the three entrée platters listed below:
*fondue for two
Each entrée is paired with a variety of freshly prepared dipping sauces:
Gorgonzola Port, Louisiana Hot Sauce, Barbeque Sauce, Teriyaki Glaze, Spicy Cocktail,
Mild Curry, Garlic Dijon Butter, and Green Goddess
*All meats and vegetables are served to the table uncooked. Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood,
shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have a medical condition.

--------------------

Also.... new
      #269433 - 06/14/06 01:58 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

when I was there, we picked a cheese course and main course, which came with vegetables. As for dipping, I think there were three types of sauces--teryiaki, some sort of mustardy sauce, and I don't remember the last. You can ask what they are though. Or you can just not dip. You cook the food in the oil or broth and then eat it.

--------------------

Re: Here you go! (it's a long one) new
      #269436 - 06/14/06 02:04 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Thanks Ginger!! I might have to cheat a little bit since the tummy is behaving but I won't overdue it too much!! I appreciate the menu!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2056 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 822

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review