All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
not pregnant anymore, ibs symptoms came back
      #269120 - 06/13/06 09:16 AM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

i dont know if it's just my horemones being crazy and causing havok in my gut, or if pregnancy was helping my ibs....i have IBS-D, and after i'd gotten pregnant, my tummy stopped going to haywire, and i was able to eat foods that were fried, etc..but friday, saturday, and today i have gotten d for no really apparent reason. just out of no where almost. i had fruit loops wth soy milk, which i'm ususally ok with, well i was while pregnant, but shortly after i got the d....friday i couldn't even figureout a trigger, just whenever i ate i would get it, even if i just had jello and crackers. so i'm not sure whats going on, if pregnancy cured me for a little bit......if so...that's relaly not fair!!

anyone else have something like that happen?? could it be my horemones are being crazy, or i'm back to what i was last year, which put me at around 100 pounds, my goal is to stay at 120, i'm 5'5...but if i'm going to be like this, i'll end up all sickly looking again any thoughts??

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: not pregnant anymore, ibs symptoms came back new
      #269140 - 06/13/06 10:45 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

give yourself some time. I think it has a lot to do with just having the baby. It takes some time to get back to normal after birth. Just take it easy and keep your water intake up. My IBS was better while PG and came back after baby. So that does suck!!!

Hope your doing well other wise! How's the sleep going? My baby is almost 11 mo and I still don't get sleep

Take care!

--------------------

Re: not pregnant anymore, ibs symptoms came back..at least he sleeps! new
      #269168 - 06/13/06 12:39 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

he sleeps in bed with us, so i can just give him the boob and go back to sleep!! haha. how about the bleeding? when does that stop? i think i'm doing too much which is why i'm having these problems, he's 13 days old, and i'm still bleeding. they said it should stop in about one week after delivery, so i may need to go back? maybe thats why i'm getting d? do you remember how much you bled??

he sleeps alot still! so i sleep when my daughter is in school, then get ready, then spend time with her too, otherwise i'll feel guilty!!

Re: Yep! I lived IBS free for 18mths.... new
      #269231 - 06/13/06 06:17 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Best 18mths of my life! Each time I was pregnant I could eat WHATEVER I wanted! Soon as I had the babies, IBS returned! Not fair!!!!

Hormones play a major part in my IBS. When I ovulate and when I get my period my IBS is really bad. Other times of the month it's fine. HATE IT!!!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

don't worry... new
      #269277 - 06/13/06 09:10 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

the bleeding can last up to 6wks postpartum. I think I was at least 4 wks. And even then it would still start up again until around the 6th wk.

I love the first few months...they are so easy to care for! My little girl is starting to walk and is putting EVERYTHING in her mouth! So enjoy the sleeping baby!!! He's gonna wake up in a few months and really get started! Lol!!

P.S. the more I did around the house...etc the more I bleed. So get your rest and slow down!

--------------------

Re: not pregnant anymore, ibs symptoms came back new
      #269286 - 06/13/06 09:41 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Crap, my IBS hasn't even gone away while I'm pregnant. Oh well.

Mine got better in the 2nd trimester, and I'm still doing good. -nt new
      #269311 - 06/14/06 05:48 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

--------------------

Re: not pregnant anymore, ibs symptoms came back..at least he sleeps! new
      #269312 - 06/14/06 06:07 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Mine actually stayed away until my af returned when she was 7 months. I also breastfed. It is very possible it's just from having the baby and it will get better soon. The first few weeks were tough. As for the bleeding, I'm the lucky one that still has some bleeding at 7 weeks so at 13 weeks don't stress it. If your getting large clots or it increases during the day than yes, your doing too much.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 631 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1447

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review