Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Updated baby situation and picture!
      #268735 - 06/10/06 09:23 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Here is my newest picture at 26 weeks:

I had another appointment yesterday, weight gain is good, I've slowed down which is good cause I was REALLY good at gaining weight in the beginning! The doctor did say, however, no more sex!?! At least not intercourse. he said he realizes it's conservative but then gave us the reasons why. His own wife is pregnant and that's what he does apparently. Anyway, my husband was ok with it and didn't think the guy was full of it so we're ok. We'll manage somehow. I have my 1 hr glucose test in 2 weeks. My blood pressure was slightly more than normal---but normal for me is low so it was fine. I'm going to call the hospital this week and see if I can come check out the birthing suites just so I know what to expect. So that's my news!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Updated baby situation and picture! new
      #268736 - 06/10/06 09:28 PM
chely24

Reged: 02/22/06
Loc: ohio

you look so pretty!! im glad everything is going well for you!! is this your first baby?

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/rachelle423

#268737 - 06/10/06 09:30 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Good report sweetie... love the pic...your so cute with your prego tummy!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

How exciting... new
      #268761 - 06/11/06 07:13 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

its countdown now isnt it! Bet you cant wait....cant wait to see pics when baby is born...and glad alls going well.

--------------------
Natalie

#268766 - 06/11/06 07:26 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Wow! You look fantastic. Any guesses as to if the baby is a boy or girl?

I'm curious as to what the birthing suites are like over your way. I'm going to be torn once I do finally have a baby -- our preferred hospital only has very basic suites, where the main difference is that the rooms have a couch and child-sized chairs. The other big hospital has some really nice rooms, with things like a real bed, and Internet access, and even a food center in the birth center (so hungry expectant fathers don't have to aimlessly wander hospital corridors trying to find the cafeteria, only to find that it's closed and he has to eat a candy bar after all, incurring the wrath of his expectant wife who would kill for chocolate).

Anyway, glad to hear you're doing well. So other than the initial morning sickness, do you feel OK now? Has your IBS gotten better? Have you had any weird food cravings?

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Yep! new
      #268790 - 06/11/06 10:49 AM
epa_ginger

My first!! We are really excited, even picked out some baby stuff yesterday. I can't believe it's going so fast....

--------------------

No weird cravings... new
      #268791 - 06/11/06 10:54 AM
epa_ginger

If anything I just crave certain things I've always liked a little bit more, like...chocolate!! I keep a candy dish at work and there were mini hersheys in it and one day I thought I was going to cry because there weren't any left. And no guesses on the sex of the baby---I really have no idea. Sometimes in my head I refer to the baby as "him" and sometimes "her". People who've seen me, especially strangers, tell me they think it's a girl, so who knows.

My IBS is nearly non-existent. I am not C ever, at all. I'm very normal again. I don't really watch what I eat, other than trying to eat healthy, and still avoiding certain vegetables raw and some beans. But really it's been good.

I haven't seen the birthing suites at my hospital yet, I think they did a major overhaul in the last few years, but my good friend who had a baby in February told me they are awesome, like nice hotel suites where the husband can sleep in a bed too, and no roommate ever. Everything happens in the suite. She wanted to deliver there but her doctor didn't work there. I had my choice of two hospitals and luckily that was one of them. I'm really excited to go check it out. My poor friend was bounced from room to room to room, and had a bad roommate. I'll be glad I won't have that experience.

--------------------

You look great! new
      #268793 - 06/11/06 10:58 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Wow, you look great! You must be getting so excited!
I guess no more sex isn't what you wanna hear at the doctor's office, but he must know best! It must get kinda difficult to do anyway....? Hmm, anyway
Good luck at the hospital, I hope it's nice.. and I hope that when the times comes, you aren't there too long, hee hee!

Cheers!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: You look great! new
      #268810 - 06/11/06 11:54 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

awwwwwwwwwwwww I love the bump...hehe bet its exciting for you!!!

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

Re: Yep! new
      #268813 - 06/11/06 12:11 PM
chely24

Reged: 02/22/06
Loc: ohio

thats so cool!! do u know the sex yet or is it gonna be a surprise?

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/rachelle423

Wow, pregnancy looks great on you! new
      #268817 - 06/11/06 12:33 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

It seems like you're been pregnant for a year already though! I can't wait till you have your baby!!!

I am guessing you'll have a little girl.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Yes, it HAS been getting more difficult--at least for me! -nt new
      #268822 - 06/11/06 01:25 PM
epa_ginger

--------------------

A surprise! -nt new
      #268823 - 06/11/06 01:25 PM
epa_ginger

--------------------

You look beautiful! new
      #268845 - 06/11/06 04:01 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I hope I look that fantastic pregnant!

That is a little odd about the "no sex." My sister's doc let her continue to have sex for as long as it was comfortable.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#268889 - 06/12/06 11:26 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

All sounds good! No sex at 26 weeks is a bit conservative if your cervix is fine but why take any chances??!! Congrats and you look marvelous!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Wow Ginger you look great !nt new
      #268921 - 06/12/06 01:04 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

--------------------
S.

wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cute!!!!!!!!!!! -nt- new
      #268929 - 06/12/06 01:16 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

Re: Wow! new
      #268989 - 06/12/06 05:11 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

You look fab! I think it's a girl!

Funny, I've never heard a doc say no more sex unless there was a problem. I've heard of friends that had sex up till the last week. Ewwwww I was never into that. In fact, I really had no desire when I had a belly. I don't think hubby did either. We were both mutually fine with it which was a good thing. But I've even heard that people have sex to actually bring on labor! Can you imagine doing it in your last days??? Yuck! No thank you!!!!

I remember going to the maternity floor rooms. It felt weird trying to picture yourself being in one when the time comes. Actually I think it didn't end up being anything like I expected it to be. You'll do fine though. Keep an open mind and enjoy day dreaming about it.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#268990 - 06/12/06 05:13 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Ginger you look great! I love your baby bump. I am actually looking forward to that. I have a tiny one but nothing real significant yet. I am expecting that in the next few weeks.

#268994 - 06/12/06 05:21 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Glad things are going well for you. You look so cute in the photo. I still don't look pregnant, I just look like I have a pot belly.

My potbelly lasted a long time..... new
      #268998 - 06/12/06 05:31 PM
epa_ginger

and then all of a sudden one day...POOF! I looked REALLY pregnant. I can't even remember what it was like to not be this big, it's crazy! I hope you're still doing well...

--------------------

Me too! new
      #268999 - 06/12/06 05:32 PM
epa_ginger

Kind of ok with the no sex thing...it has been pretty uncomfortable anyway, and the last thing I want to do is put my body in some uncomfortable position. I have a hard enough time finding a good way to sit down!
But now for you---how is your dog doing? We just got our Oscar a special collar for when we walk him so he doesn't pull, it's working fabulously. And we're working with him to get him to come when we say "Come!" and that's going well too. In all other respects, he's great and a very good companion. He weighs 30 lbs--he may gain a few lbs but probably not much.

--------------------

Re: Dakota new
      #269005 - 06/12/06 06:19 PM
LittleLisa

is doing good! Thanks for asking. I've been such a bad mommy! I need to take some pics! He's 5mths old now and at least 35lbs. I can hardly take him for walks. I could use whatever harness thing you are using. Where did you get it and what's it called? He pulls me so bad I really hate walking him. I did walk him tonight though and he seems a bit better. We are signed up for obedience classes June 27. It's an 8 week course and I know he'll do good. I trained my two other goldens with obedience classes. He sits, gives his paws and is now starting to drop things in his mouth when we say "drop it". He barked last night at the door to go out for the first time! Hasn't done it since but he's getting the concept. He's still getting up at 5:30 every morning. The little stinker will go out, do his business, eat, then come back up in our bed an fall back asleep until 6:40 when I get up. It's killing us. I'm hoping when daylight savings starts again, he'll sleep later!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Collars... new
      #269032 - 06/12/06 08:02 PM
epa_ginger

well, we use a prong collar. It's metal and has "prongs" that go in towards the neck. It's not a torture device like it sounds! We have these videos by Leerburg on training dogs---they have been great for us (www.leerburg.com I think). The guy trains dogs for a living and said most of the trouble is with owners--not dogs. He says choke collars are worse because they tighten at one point and can leave bruising on the neck. Prong collars give equal pressure all over and you give a few "pops" with the leash if you give the dog a command and they don't obey. We got it at Petsmart. Oscar doesn't mind the prong collar at all, we keep it on him often so he doesn't associate the collar + walks with behaving, and he even sleeps in it. And it WORKS. I had the same trouble---he pulled and pulled and pulled and it wasn't any fun, plus it hurt my arm and was just worthless. With the prong collar we say "Slow" and if he obeys, we praise him, if not, we pop the leash a bit and if he slows we praise him. It's really working, I'd look into if I were you. Now, if we could teach him to drop his toys when we fetches them that would be great! He'd rather tug with them and we don't do that--don't want to teach any aggression.

My these dogs are a lot of work but they sure are worth it!

--------------------

Re: Ginger new
      #269235 - 06/13/06 06:26 PM
LittleLisa

I know a lot of people that say the prong collars work. I think I will check with the obedience trainer and see what he says when we go for our first class. I know the choke collar I'm using does litterally choke him when he pulls. He coughs and gags when I tug him to heel next to me.
I've heard they make the prong collars kinda rounded at the ends so it's not sharp when they go into their neck. I'll have to let you know what works. I'm sure that one will do the trick though.

Yes, they certainly are a lot of work. If we could just get him off the 5:30am waking to go out we'd be so much happier. It's killing us!!! I swear it's like we have an infant again. Our kids are 8 and 11 so we are SOOOOOOO past that stage.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Ha ha! new
      #269248 - 06/13/06 07:05 PM
epa_ginger

Do I take it he doesn't sleep in a crate? One reason we still have Oscar sleep in his crate is we don't trust him to actually "sleep" all night long. Otherwise he stays out all day, even when we're gone (and is great). He goes in his crate on his own if he's tired, so he's fine with it, but maybe by the time he is a year we can just leave him out on his own bed. So now he just gets up whenever we do, which is around 6am during the week, and 8 on weekends. He doesn't whine or bark or anything so the schedule must work for him. But 5:30am on weekends would kill me too!

The prong collar we have for him isn't sharp. But they also sell these little rubber covers if you REALLY aren't sure. We ended up returning them because Oscar handled the prong collar so well. Tim took him for a walk again today and said he was great. I just wish we'd thought of it sooner! Our dog walker even noticed a difference.

--------------------

prong collars new
      #269265 - 06/13/06 08:22 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

My sister uses one on her dog (a big, huge lab) and it works fabulously! She went to a really good trainer. The guy does police dogs, and he's the one who told her to get it. It doesn't hurt him at all, and it's the only thing that makes him manageable to walk!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 266 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4937

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review