All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anything in equals everything out?!
      #268462 - 06/09/06 07:37 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Ok, this is getting to be too much. I Know I need to lose weight and I'll take the weight loss just about any way I can get it but, since Tuesday, anything I put in my mouth, even water, immediately comes out the other end. Not to be super gross but I'm peeing from my butt 15-20 times a day! Remember, I'm usually a C girl!!!! Needless to say, I haven't taken any miralax at all and with all the narcotic pain pills I'm on, things should be at a stand still!

I'm down 9 pounds since Saturday. My tushy is raw and I feel weak and dehydrated. I did mange to keep some water in last night and I find if I take little, ity bity sips of water, I can sometimes keep it from going through me but if I take a real drink or put a morsel of food in me, I'm running to the potty before it hits bottom! Whats the deal??!! I've been afraid to take immodium or anything like that because my tummy is so upset, I don't want it all gurgly in there and not be able to get it out. I see the rheumy again on Monday but I've got a graduation dinner Saturday night at a fancy schmancy restaurant (do I even try to eat anything or sit there and be rude and not order anything?!) and a bridal shower on Sunday to go to and all I want to do it stay in bed and cuddle with Harley!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anything in equals everything out?! new
      #268465 - 06/09/06 07:53 AM
DanielsDad

Reged: 03/31/04

That's actually an average day for me if I don't take my fiber
Try getting some Benefiber and take a couple of tablespoons in the morning and at bedtime and see if that doesn't help.

#268467 - 06/09/06 07:56 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Stay in bed if you want. Tell them you have the stomach bug. Nobody wants to sit near anyone with the bug. Or ... as a friend of mine says," stick a cork up your butt".
It probably is from one of the meds you are taking.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#268472 - 06/09/06 08:06 AM
michele

I use Heathers Acacia but can't keep it in right now. Its my girlfriend graduating from her last year as a resident doctor, so she is officially a "real" doctor now, she is aware of my medical issues right now but I feel obligated to go. Sunday is the same girls bridal shower and I made her headpiece and jewelry for the wedding, kind of hard to get out of that.

--------------------

#268477 - 06/09/06 08:28 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Did you call your doctor? Did they say it was just a side-effect from the steroids? If you don't think you have a virus, I'd give the Imodium a shot. As a former D, I can tell you that if it's bad enough, you will not stay blocked up for long. There were days when I would take 15 Imodium and still had multiple BMs. If you don't normally take Imodium (duh, you're a C, I guess you wouldn't), start out with one or two and gradually work your way up if it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Do you take any antispasmodics? I also always took antispasmodics at the max dose on a clockwork basis -- i.e. I took a Levsin exactly every four hours. That helped a lot to calm my stomach down.

I hope you get feeling better, Michele -- if you're still feeling crappy this weekend, just don't eat anything at any of the events. Being rude is better than the potential alternative.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Poor Michele... new
      #268483 - 06/09/06 08:55 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I think you should defo talk to your dr to get this under control, if you're not super careful you will get dehydrated. You might need to take some rehydration salts or something. Talk to the Dr about imodium etc.

Feel better soon

--------------------
S.

#268484 - 06/09/06 08:58 AM
michele

Thanks Jen. Yeah, I take Donnatol and have been popping them like pez! I guess I'm going to try the Imodium for dinner tomorrow and maybe just order a light bowl of soup or a small appetizer to pick at.

I've taking higher doses of steroids and while they do cause abdominal pain, I've never gotten D with them. I truly think its from the gastritis. Even after all the D, I've VERY bloated and hurt. The Ra is in my chest and I'm having to stay hunched over because of it and its making my back hurt. I'm a wreck, take me out back and shot me! So, on top of having to attend all these functions, I have to wear clothes, nice clothes and right now I can't even wear a bra because the pain from my chest and gastritis and have my pants unbuttoned from my ibs!!

--------------------

Re: Poor Michele... new
      #268485 - 06/09/06 09:03 AM
michele

Thanks Cailin, I see the rheumy again on Monday. The gal who's party is this weekend just graduated from her residency, so is officially a doctor and the guy she is marrying is an ER doc, so if I pass out or anything, at least there will be dr's close by! Neither one is fluent on the complications of RA but considering I've been to ER twice recently, it'll be good to know that they will know what to do if things go bad!

--------------------

I know this well new
      #268638 - 06/10/06 12:21 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

You've got a virus, sweetie. It's rest and clear liquids for you, until your body can rebound. Resist the urge to gobble up everything in sight, because this won't go away until your stomach has time to relax.

Try gatorade mixed with water, some runny lime jello and clear chicken broth (NO chunks). No solids whatsoever, doesn't matter if it's rice or burnt toast. I know it's hard. Ther sooner you can get it the butt pee under control, the sooner you can return to a BRAT diet, and then you can be your old self.

Baby steps, chica. I'm pulling for you. Watch your liquid portions too, cos that water can come fast and unexpectedly. Imodium is counterindicated for a virus, so I'd stay away from those.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

~nelly~

#268644 - 06/10/06 12:36 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Oh, man, I'm sorry this is happening. I'd stay home if it were me but if you really need to go then I'd try the Imodium. Start it in the moring so it has time to take effect and your stomach can settle. If the Imodium doesn't work though, I wouldn't risk going out at all. It might seem like an embarassing thing to do, but you can get Depends or one of those other adult size diapers and wear one just in case. And keep some wipes with you. The kids Kandoo wipes are great and cost much less than adult versions. I've had to do that before. No shame in it. I hope this stops real soon. Be careful about your water intake. If you can take a little at a time, sip all day. Dehypdration is a real bugger.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 411 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2304

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review