All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
thank you all... new
      #267990 - 06/06/06 06:15 PM
chely24

Reged: 02/22/06
Loc: ohio

for the thoughts and prayers i really really appreciate it. Im definitely going to do my research, i'd like her to get a second opinion too just to be sure, i guess i just dont want it to be real.. he said hers is going slow, thank god. he also said it can get really bad over a period of 10-20 years or it can go fast, theres no way of him telling her.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/rachelle423

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: sad day new
      #267995 - 06/06/06 06:30 PM
babakagirl22

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Kentucky

Chely, both my dad's father and my mom's grandmother had it. It is a very sad disease, but it sounds like she is in the very early stages and she will always be your mother. Yes, eventually it does take your mind, but along with that comes humor (i know, hard to believe now) pin, happiness, and sadness. Just remember to continue to tell her you love her alot!!! She will remember when she gets bad. My mother took my dad's father in and he lived with us for a long time. Near the end of his life he had lost al most all memory but still remembered my mother. He was very special to my mom. It is a terrible disease but if you think positively, it is not deadly, you have a long time to come before it gets really bad, and there is alot of research going on, maybe they will find a cure. Good luck, and if you need to talk to someone who has gone through it e- mail my mom Debbie, at marcandluv@aol.com. keep up the hope sweety!!
Marci

--------------------
Marci.

For everything there is a season...

Re: Hey chely... new
      #267996 - 06/06/06 06:35 PM
babakagirl22

Just be very aware to see if she is endangering herself by driving. We had to take my great grandmothers car away because she was dangerous on the road. She was in her mid seventies. Just look for signs, I think you will do a great job helping her.

--------------------
Marci.

#267998 - 06/06/06 06:57 PM
chely24

thanks so much ...does it kill people?? im so afraid shes gonna pass away or something.. i wouldve never thought something like this, her dream is to see me get married and have kids, and im so afraid i wont be able to give her that before she forgets stuff all together.. i wanna make her proud and now my biggest fear is that i wont find someone to marry on time or something.. i wanna make her happy..especially now.. im so confused, and i feel so bad for her, i cant imagine how shes feeling.. or anyone with this disease for that matter.

--------------------

#268004 - 06/06/06 07:29 PM
babakagirl22

The good thing about it is that it mostly effects your brain, not your physical being. Her mind will probably leave her slowly, and so slow that your will look back five years from now and not even realize she has changed alot. She will not die quickly because of the disease but you do have to be careful once she does start struggling with remembering things so she doesn't put herself in danger. Just spend time with her, she will probably not forget who those very close to her are until the end of the illness which for her will probably be 15-20 years easy, probably more down the road. I don't think you need to worry to much about the future, just take it one day at a time, and try to find the joy in the small things. Don't be afraid to ask any questions, and don't think this is a death sentence, it is a very slow progressing disease and there are alot of experimental drugs that they hope will slow the progression tremendously.My great grandmother was 91 before she just recently passed on, and thats old!!!! I will be praying for you!!!

--------------------
Marci.

#268008 - 06/06/06 07:39 PM
chely24

thanks so much

--------------------

#268077 - 06/07/06 07:35 AM
babakagirl22

No problem, let me now if you need to talk!!!
Marci

--------------------
Marci.

#268100 - 06/07/06 10:00 AM
chely24

i can always use someone to talk to you can email me at gottahavefaith24@sbcglobal.net if you'd like

--------------------

I'm so sorry new
      #268234 - 06/07/06 09:05 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Chely, that is very difficult news. I'm so sorry to hear it!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 340 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2193

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review