All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Super Steroid Woman gets Ambulance Ride
      #267655 - 06/05/06 08:02 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, I posted Friday that I was feeling pretty good, it didn't last. My chest (costochondritis) was still hurting even after starting the steroids but no worse than usual however, my upper tummy area was starting to hurt-thought it was my IBS reacting to the steroids. Saturday am, my whole chest and upper tummy was really painful but I figured I'd better go buy a dress for my friends wedding in a couple of weeks while I was feeling relatively well from the steroids. I went to a dress shop and tried on a bunch of dresses under the hot lights and just continued to feel worse and worse. I found a dress that fit and went home-all in all, I was gone about 2 hours.

I got home and told Will I wasn't feeling well and took a Vicodin and a muscle relaxer thinking it might have been a muscle spasm or something. Laid down on the couch with the heating pad and tried to relax. Over the next couple of hours, my breathing became very shallow and the pain was excruciating. I felt like I was going to have explosive D, so managed to make it to the potty-nothing was coming out but I had awful spasms. I remember breaking out in a sweat, I threw up, I remember trying to wipe my mouth and than I woke up on the floor with like 8 paramedics over me. Apparently I had pssed out and there was blood in what I had thrown up so Will freaked and called 911.

They couldn't get an IV in, my blood pressure was low and my pulse very high. I don't remember being in the ambulance much, other than it was bumpy!

Anytime you complain of chest pain, you get the full cardiac work-up, my heart is fine. They pumped me full of pain meds and anti-inflammatory and 5 hours later, sent me home with medication for the nausea from the pain and mega pain pills. Official diagnosis, acute gastritis. Add that to all my other "itis" and I think I've got them all. Tendinitis, bursitis, chostochronditis, iritis, gastritis-I think IBS should end in an itis too! I'm assuming all these itis's are complications of the RA.

Not sure if this is very coherent or not as I'm pretty drugged. I had to come into the office to tie up a few loose ends. I'm going to leave at 1 to go to the rheumy's office and see what else they can do-then I'm going home and back to bed. I actually came in wearing a sweat suit because I can't stand the pressure of anything on right now. I'm so tired of this.

I'm sorry I missed out on Tina's Hen Party-please give her my regards and let her know why I missed it.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh you poor darling... new
      #267665 - 06/05/06 08:17 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

michele im sending you more hugs than I posibly have....Im so sorry you're so unwell...I wish we could do something...we're always here to vent to...I cant believe you went through all that trauma...please will someone give you a break..I think you're like superwoman...you deal with so much and you always seem sane afterwards...stay strong and I PRAY that things improve...its not fair...why do people ahve to get ill!! Get better soon....and god I hate words ending in 'itus'....they should be banned!!!!

((((((((((((((((((((HUGS HUGS AND MORE HUGS)))))))))))))))))

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Ditto everything Nat said - I'm so sorry. As if you don't have enough to deal with!!! nt new
      #267666 - 06/05/06 08:18 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Re: Oh you poor darling... new
      #267670 - 06/05/06 08:24 AM
michele

Yes, I agree, lets bann everything medical that ends in itis!!! The only reason why I seem half sane today is because I'm so drugged, I can hardley remember my name. I'm pretty much cried out right now and the drugs make my emotions numb, which I suppose is a good thing right now. I just can't believe that after all the drugs they have given me, it still hurts SO much, I can't even sit or stand straight. I'm going to give the rheumy hell today and not leave his office until he has a better plan then give the drugs more time!!!!

--------------------

Yep you do that.... new
      #267671 - 06/05/06 08:26 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

and make them listen....theres nothing worse than docs who send you away with EVEN MORE DRUGS....and say....lets see how you for a month on that one....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF SWEETIE AND KEEP YOUR CHIN UP

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Yep you do that.... new
      #267674 - 06/05/06 08:33 AM
michele

I Don't want more pain pills, I WANT LESS PAIN!!!!!!!! How difficult is that to understand, I think I'm going to ink that on my forhead before I see the doctor!!!

--------------------

Re: Super Steroid Woman gets Ambulance Ride new
      #267675 - 06/05/06 08:44 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Michele, you go through so much it's unbelievable, and totally not fair. I hope the rheumy can do more to help, but what I wonder if there's anything more he can do (besides super-heavy steroids) then why hasn't he done it already?

How are your eyes doing? Are those at least doing any better on the steroids?

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#267682 - 06/05/06 09:00 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

OMG! Michele you poor thing! I cannot imagine everything you are going through. I just can't believe there isn't something more the doctors can do for you. These episodes don't seem normal for a 35 year old woman. What did they say about the blood that you threw up?? I would demand at the rheumy doc today that you are not leaving until they can figure something out for you! I am home today if you want to talk. I know you probably need to rest but if you feel like talking, venting, crying or just anything please call me!! ***HUGS***

#267687 - 06/05/06 09:11 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Oh Michele,

I am so sorry that you had such a horrible weekend and that you are still feeling so bad.

You give that Rheumy doc heck today. Don't let him blow you off anymore. There should be something that he can do for you.

I'm sending you an e-mail right now.

Hugs,

--------------------
Janey

#267690 - 06/05/06 09:20 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Oh Michele,

I'm so sorry to hear about your rough night but am very glad to know that you are ok

You hang in there and take care of yourself - have a nice relaxing afternoon (can't believe you went to work)!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 332 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3842

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review