All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Dear Shannon new
      #267124 - 06/02/06 05:43 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I just want to say I'm so so sorry. I cannot fully imagine how you must be feeling. If you can manage it, try to think of it this way: he has chosen this path- you must turn your focus solely to how you respond. This is the time for boundaries and keeping in mind what you can control and what you can't. Nothing he chooses to do can hurt you anymore (easier said than done) because it's not about you at all, and you are not responsible for any of his choices. None of this is your fault and you can do nothing to control it. What you can do is leave him to live with the consequences of his poor choices, and take steps (one at a time) to make sure you and your dear sweet baby girl are safe and provided for.

I am praying for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

OMG new
      #267129 - 06/02/06 06:05 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Don't even waste your time trying to "save him". Noooooooooo!!!!!

He's a h@rny guy who likes VERY young girls. I doubt you can save him. Nope. Let him get smacked around by the dad of the girl!!!!

Please know that I continue to hold you up in prayer! new
      #267163 - 06/02/06 08:40 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

This is just unbelievable. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Your husband needs help.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: Oh lord, another addition to the saga new
      #267170 - 06/02/06 09:01 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh sweetie, big hugs. My boss is in and I don't have time to read all the replies but wanted to say that you are a beautiful woman and you will make it through this awful time and find someone even better!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#267174 - 06/02/06 09:31 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I haven't been posting much in the past couple months just lurking because things have been crazy busy. But I just wanted to say that I feel for you. I have been following along and I just think you will be so much better of without him. I know it doesn't seem that way now but it will get better.

A close friend of mine is going through the same thing. Her hubbie of 17 years wants a divorce. He told her Sunday and since then he hasn't worn his wedding ring and has already found an apartment and will move out this weekend. He told her she wasn't exciting enough and wasn't open to sexual encounters that he would like to be involved in, etc. I have always thought he was a pervert with remarks he makes and actions but I never thought he would leave her. I don't know what to say to her or how to comfort her. She thinks it is all her fault because she is too boring.

I hope you know that none of this is your fault in anyway. It is not about you, it is definitely his issue!

What's wrong with these men? I think it is a midlife crisis thing. I hope you and your daughter can get through this. I will pray for you both.

HUGS,

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

#267176 - 06/02/06 09:35 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

What a creep! Shannon stay strong and I agree with Ashly. I would be very leary about leaving your daughter alone with him especially the comments he has made before. *hugs* and I continue to pray for you!

#267184 - 06/02/06 09:51 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

OH MY GOODNESS...My sister is seventeen and i found it hard accepting her boyfriend whos same age as me (20)

THAT is so so so so so bad on you and her. I don`t really know what to say other than it sounds harsh but it sounds like you are better of without him. I am sending you and your little girl (adorable by the way) massive hugs. I can`t imagine what you are going through right now and I wish I could say something to make you feel better.Keep reading that book, stay strong and brave and remember the support on here. I am thinking of you and praying that some luck comes your way.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Jo x

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

17!! Isn't that too young in Canada? new
      #267211 - 06/02/06 10:36 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

What are the laws there? Haven't her parents contacted the authorites? If it was my 17 year old daughter (who is now 33) I would have her examined by a doctor and he would be in some real trouble.

Hang tough sister ... now that you feel you might have hit bottom, the only way is up!! Things always get better looking up.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#267259 - 06/02/06 12:27 PM
LostCode

Reged: 04/04/06

He does need help. This is probably something that he's been fighting with his whole life. Once you get married though, you should NEVER cheat. And cheating with a 17 year old crosses yet another line. I hope he gets the help that he needs.

It's definitely not your fault because you're obviously an attractive, kind woman, so don't place any of the blame on yourself for not being a good enough wife, etc... He needs some good counseling.

--------------------
Jon - (IBS C)

Craziness new
      #267345 - 06/02/06 07:41 PM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

Politics? He called it politics?!? I am sorry I would sum it up as I like to play the field and look all macho at work and don't have to deal with the missus finding out. Sorry to be so nasty but it just aggravates me when good people get hurt by the selfishness of others. You must have some heck of a will power not to shake him silly while yelling "WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!?!? ARE YOU THINKING?!?"

And then to think he can force her to quit? I can only imagine how fast her parents will be suing the resturant and him. What does he think that she is so "in love with him" that she will do any he says. Ever hear of free will?

You are so much better off without him. I can only hope that when it comes to Kayleigh he will at least use some of the few undamaged remaining brain cells. Obviously from your messages...there aren't many of them left. I hope for everyone's sake he gets it together and soon!

Bigs hugs to you and Kayleigh. I love that photo of you two! Just makes me grin.

-Michelle

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 314 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 42301

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review