Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Just a wee bit stressed
      #266964 - 06/01/06 10:54 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys,

Am feeling a little stressed at the moment and I feel like I have been trying to keep it in check, but I think I need to let some of it out before it starts getting to me.
If you all remember, Adrian was thinking of joining the British Army a while back. He is still considering it, but we are trying to focus on other things at the moment. While we were on holiday, for the first few days he was really grumpy and depressed and it turned out to be because he was so depressed that he had to go back to a job he hates so much. So he quit. Via eMail.
Now, I think this was the right decision because it was a crappy job and obviously someone's happiness is the most important thing but now that he is about to finish up his 2 weeks notice, I am starting to feel the pressure a little.
He says people are crying out for security staff, which is true, and he'll be able to get shifts whenever he wants but I am just nervous that he WON'T. I told him to take a bit of time to get caught up with school and he needs to do a bunch of stuff to get an application in to work for the sherrif's service here, but I am worried after that he'll still be depressed and subsequently really unmotivated to do anything.. like call for work.
Even though I make more money per hour than he did, his chqs were always bigger because of overtime and I can't get guarunteed full time hours.
Furthermore, I have applied for full-time twice at work and been turned down both times because my sales dollars aren't high enough. Instead, they gave it to new people who haven't even started. So I have a greivance in with the union (which was another super stressful decision and has given me some problems at work since) which I put in a few months ago, and still haven't heard anything.
I am trying to eat healthier and get more fish and things like that, but I am getting major anxiety at the grocery store because of how expensive everything is. To make matters worse, Adrian never stops complaining about how expensive food is here so I can never just let it go.

I don't know if I can support our rent payments, loan payments, credit card payment all by myself and I can't tell Adrian because I think if I push him at all, he'll run straight to the army and that will be it for us.

I want him to have his happiness, which he says lies with being a police officer. One of the police departments here would hire him, if he would learn to swim... but he won't sign up for lessons. All the others just want more education, which he is working on slowly but surely. And he got past the first stage with another force, but says the appliaction is "too big" to fill out so he doesn't want to do it right now.
I am so frustrated - I feel like I am being so supportive that I could hold him on my little finger, but then he accuses me of NOT being supportive because we are at odds about the army thing.

Aargh. I am just feeling a bit stressed and worried about what will happen in the next few weeks/months.

Please send good thoughts my way!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I only wish there were words that conveyed how entirely I understand this! new
      #266965 - 06/01/06 10:56 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Hugs and prayers for you my friend! Different circumstances have me over that same, uncertain chasm of emotions! You are not alone! Hang in there!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: Just a wee bit stressed new
      #266967 - 06/01/06 11:13 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

{{lots of hugs and loves}} I know this just yet another stressful time for both of you... lots of positve vibs comin your way.....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#266968 - 06/01/06 11:18 AM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Hi Steph,
Sorry to hear things are so stressful for you lately. Hopefully something will come up for Adrian soon and that will take a bit of pressure off of you.

That is very tough about the army thing too, that would bother me as well so I'll cross my fingers something he likes comes up in Canada instead.

Positive thoughts being sent your way.
Jenn
ps> I think you did the right thing as far as filing a grievance with the union. I have never head of a company choosing new hires over a part timer person that has already been in the job. The union should definitely have to do something about that.

#266982 - 06/01/06 12:17 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

That's really tough. I hope he finds a new job quickly and gets all the hours he needs.

I know that money trouble make you feel like you're under water. Trust me, I have a stupid credit card balance that I need to pay off. Ugh!

Hang in there!!!!

#266984 - 06/01/06 12:24 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Stephie,

Hang in there! I will keep you in my thoughts that good things will come of Adrian quitting his job. Hopefully the perfect job is waiting for him right now.

Lots of hugs,

--------------------
Janey

#267018 - 06/01/06 03:46 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Steph,

Sorry to hear that you are so stressed...we sound so simliar it's scary. I'm the exact same way when Scott doesn't have steady work and/or enough money, I'm constantly worried about it but can't talk to him about it or he just gets stressed and/or upset. It's a tough situation to be in. I don't have any advice really, just hang in there as best you can. We've literally been hanging on by a thread financially for months now (hopefully that'll turn around soon) and while it is stressful, you find ways to make it work.

Lots of hugs

#267055 - 06/01/06 08:26 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi, Steph:

Sorry to hear about your anxiety right now. It's quite understandable! You know how fickle men can be, so just try not to encourage/nag too much. Remember that people who are truly depressed tend to be unmotivated, so that could be part of the problem.

Just hang in there!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 102 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1229

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review