All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Nelly in Thailand!
      #266556 - 05/30/06 10:56 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Greetings everyone!! I'm finally getting a chance to check up on my email and the boards. Everything moves at a completely different pace here. It feels like I've been here for aages, but it's actually been less than a week.

Anyway, I'm at the dentist office here, and it looks like BF isn't the only one who gets low-priced dental work done on his holiday!! The waiting room is full of foreigners, and the dentist has graciously offered me his personal laptop to cruise the internet while BF gets a crown. It's taking me forever to type, as the keyboard is in Thai and i guess Chinese characters...

My tummy has been good, up til today. We've been seeing the jungleand countryside on morotbike, and all the jostling is getting to my tummy finally. The general lack of air conditioning aside, I've been really good, healthwise, tho.

The weather is sunny and about 81 percent humidity, but really nice and breezy by the beach!! I'm slowly getting tan as the sun penetrates my 35+ sunblock. I rode an elephant bareback yday, which was GREAT (photos to follow!)! The shopping here is incredible, and a full meal for 4 costs as much as what I'd pay for a Guinness back home (I'm doing all my currency conversion in Guinnesses, so everybody has a point of reference!!)!

Tomorrow is snorkeling/scuba diving. BF's dad is great, and he's been a reall hoot as far as in-house entertainment. He's rented a prostitute for the next two weeks, so she's travelling with us as well. Her name is Tim and she's teaching me Thai and offers me massages whenever I look tight. She and I rode elephants together yday, and this is as much a (working) vvvacation for her as well. She comes from Bangkok, where BF's dad met her at a massage parlor. (If your eyebrows are in the middle of your forhead and your mouth is apage, join the club. But it's a "OK, whatever" kind of holiday here, so I'm rolling with it.)

It turns out that there are many western men with Thai "girlfriends" everywhere here. It was like a punch to my gut originally, and I'm still horrified when I see men on vacation here alone, cruising for Thai women and boys. I'm just trying to keep it all in and have a good time anyway. I am an invited guest, and there is a lot more to look at than what's going on in the sex industry here. And it turns out BF's dad is buying Tim's family a house (100 Guinnesses), so she's extremely happy. Good for her, I say. She's a great Thai teacher! I'm speaking a lot more with the locals here than I would be if it weren't for her.

So enough about that. We have a "favorite" place to eat here already, and the people are treating us great. There are not many Americans here, and I'm travelling on my French passport anyway so I'm going in under the radar. They talk to you in the streets, trying to sell you a massage or a suit, and try to guess your country of origin. So far Swede and Norwegian are the frontrunners, with an occasional guess towards Finland. Better for me!!!

I'm going to catch up as much as I can on the boards, and see you guys later!!! Love to you and all my friends from Kata Beach, Thailand!!

~nelly in Thailand~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh, PS! new
      #266558 - 05/30/06 11:47 PM
Nelly

Still at the dentist's office!

Just wanted to mention that it's Tuesday 11:47 PM where you guys are and it's already Wednesday 1:46 PM here. And the winning lottery numbers are...!

~nelly in Thailand~

HI Nelly- still there? new
      #266559 - 05/31/06 12:44 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

It all sounds amazing, Thailand is definitely on my list of places to go and my mouth is watering reading your mail.

Umm intersesting re BF Dad and Tim, but hey you are on holiday so no political/moral debates, just enjoy yourself!

--------------------
S.

Glad you're having a good time! new
      #266593 - 05/31/06 06:43 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Was talking about you yesterday at the fibro clinic, they were asking if you had left for Thailand yet. You're going to have to fill them in when you get back as well!

Though I expect a full report with pics!

*HUGS* Hope you continue to have a wonderful time!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: Nelly in Thailand! new
      #266602 - 05/31/06 07:31 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

YAY Nelly! You're having a blast, that's awesome!!!!

He rented a prostitute....um...ok. he he

Keep the udates coming when you can. I cannot wait to see pics.

Re: HI Nelly- still there? new
      #266614 - 05/31/06 08:30 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Well Nel, sound slike you are having a great time. I always knew Thailand was notorious for Western men cruising the streets for prosititutes. If BF's dad chooses to do that, well thats his deal. Keep us updated as your journey continues!!

--------------------

Re: HI Nelly- still there? new
      #266625 - 05/31/06 09:19 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hey Nelly! Glad to hear your having a great time! Let Dad do whatever floats his boat! If it gets you back massages as a fringe benefit, even better! Can't wait for the pictures! Hopefully tummy will continue to corporate!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#266643 - 05/31/06 10:07 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

wow sounds like your having a great time, i am so jealous. try and keep us posted. I bet it is amazing!!!!

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

#266659 - 05/31/06 11:01 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Glad to see that you're having a fun time!

A similar thing happened to my old soccer coach. He worked in a business that required that he fly to asia for at least a week every month. Here in the states he had a wife and three children aged 9-14 years old. Anyways.. years later it got out that he actually has ANOTHER wife and three younger children in korea and no one ever had a clue. Its amazing what men actually do and can pull of for years. It devestated his family back home, because all along they thought he was merely doing business there.

At least your prostitute sounds like fun! enjoy !

--------------------

Wow! new
      #267093 - 06/01/06 09:20 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Sounds like an AMAZING trip!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Hey guys! new
      #267484 - 06/03/06 11:36 PM
Nelly

Hey everyone, I've missed all of you sooo much!!

BF and I just landed in Bankok and we're waiting for our room to be ready. I'm going to start another post because so much has happened at the beach! I'm loving Thailand and the people are so incredibly friendly! Plus it's super cheap and I haven't even burned through half the cash I brought. I'm sure that'll change really quick when I hit the shops tomorrow morning!!!

~nelly in Thailand~

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 164 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2273

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review