All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I need bra help.
      #266506 - 05/30/06 06:08 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Ok, so my boobs aren't really ginormous, even though they feel that way to me. I went from a solid 34B to right now a 38C. I'm 24-25 weeks right now. But my boobs just feel HEAVY, and I keep buying bras that I think will be better and they aren't. I've spent probably about $150 on new bras since being pregnant, which would be ok if I could wear them all!! I feel like if I pull them up at the straps it feels better and they aren't just sitting on my stomach. But I can't very well walk around that way, so if anyone can suggest some really good supportive bras that will keep them up where they belong I would appreciate it. The one I have now is a low V which I like for my summer shirts.

Thanks!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I wore sports bras... new
      #266528 - 05/30/06 07:26 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Not sure why... Must have read it in one of my thousands of prego books. I got ones from Kmart or somewhere. They were underwire, I do remember that. That did the job for the time being and didn't have to spend a fortune. Try one of those and see how that goes.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: I need bra help. new
      #266572 - 05/31/06 05:26 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Ugh, I can totally sympathize. That was my biggest clothing issue, finding a comfortable bra. Hate to tell ya, but if you're breastfeeding, it only gets worse. Plus, you'll have to find shirts that accomodate it. I couldn't find one that was comfy and cute at the same time. But, don't worry about post-baby boobies just yet. I bought a nursing bra early, and it didn't fit for even one day.

I got measured at Victoria's Secret and bought a full coverage cup that had some room to grow, and wore that through the end of my pregnancy. I lived in sports bras (usually two at a time) when I wasn't working and could get away with a uni-boob. I lived in t-shirts. I've heard that Bravado bras are great for pregnancy. PersIonally, I thought all Motherhood bras were crap, and the women working there didn't know how to measure properly.

I started out as a 34C and 10 months post-baby (not breastfeeding, back to pre-prego weight) I'm now a 34D. I was HUGE when I was prego and nursing.

Good luck!

--------------------
~jules

Edited by jules (05/31/06 05:43 AM)

Re: BRAVADO! will be the LAST bra you buy and need... new
      #266574 - 05/31/06 05:36 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

They are nursing bras with TONS of support. I think they probably have a website. They come with nice big cups and lots of back and under boob support. They're about $50 each but well worth every penny. They're fine to wear while pregnant.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#266687 - 05/31/06 11:37 AM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

I wore sports bras during my entire last pregnancy and now that I am 20 weeks I am returning to the sport bra. My boobs are starting to get gigantic and they are so tender. I find the sports bra really helps especially during the tender times. I do have to wear a regular one though when I wear certain tops.

#266810 - 05/31/06 06:13 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I take that back about Motherhood bras. They do have one 'nursing' bra that I actually bought two of. They are non-wire, and fairly supportive, but were great to sleep in and lounge around the house in. Not for wearing under outside-of-the-house clothes, though. It didn't provide enough support or shape. Super comfy, though...more so than a restrictive sports bra...

--------------------
~jules

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 524 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 814

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review