All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Ooh, poor hunny..... new
      #268407 - 06/08/06 08:49 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

that has got to hurt. I do not have a prolapse but being C most of the time, i can soooooo see it happening. Or an aneurysm from straining some days.

Do keep us posted. And would you need to have a colostomy bag so you don't poop? I don't know how that works.

Yes, this coming from the lady who had a baby and tore things donw south and had hemmies the size of grapes....sorry, TMI for the boys.... i should shut up now...

Anyhow Avidan, I'm concerned for you. I hope it all works out! Maybe surgery is the best option, eh? What else can they do?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Edited by Tuff Cookie (06/08/06 08:50 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ooh, poor hunny..... new
      #268416 - 06/08/06 09:29 PM
Computr821

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/ Baltimore, MD

So here's what they'll do. They'll remove a part of my intestine (the part that contributes to the prolapse) then attach the two parts together.

The alternative to this is to go through the anal cavity and "tack up" the prolapse with sutures. However, my doc feels that if I strain too much (which is an incredibly high possibility) I'll tear the sutures out which will just cause a relapse.

The abdominal surgery (the first option) is somewhat riskier but almost no chance of relapse. And, given that besides the IBS I have very little health problems (thank G-d), the abdominal is probably the best thing for me to do.

Avidan

--------------------
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?
--'Weird' Al Yankovic, "A Complicated Song"

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 356 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1757

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review