Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
my turn...
      #266174 - 05/29/06 09:54 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

Seeing as Caroline is doing random symptoms I think I should give you mine:

I have been really, really exhuasted recently, and for once, I have been sleeping without any difficulty, no matter how much sleep I get I am still tired.

I have a dry mouth and keep weeing - and I know this is a sign of diabetes but I tend to wee alot at night more than in the day.

My eyes are also dry and painful.(using drops to treat it)

Had three sore throats and a cold in a month.

Plus my D has been really bad today.

I don`t know if I am being a hypercondriact though and I don`t want to go to the docs cos I go al the time and I feel like I am bugging them.
hugs
Jo x

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: my turn... new
      #266217 - 05/29/06 03:40 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

You sound like you have caught Sinead-itis!I am constantly like that!

Taking the weeing out of it (which I have but blame a weak bladder) the dry mouth and sore throat for me are part of sinusitis (post nasal drip causes the sore throat, not being able to breathe properly through nose when sleeping causes dry mouth and drooling when sleeping)- the sore eyes from computer screens and I think pollen allergies as I am sneezing a bit too, but never been tested. I keep forgetting not to wear mascara and end up with it all over me!

The sinus dull headache wipes me out so I sleep tons. Does your head feel full or bunged up? Try Clarityn or Sinutab, or get Nasonex nasal spray over the counter.

I find when my sinuses are bad my tummy gets upset too, hence the D issue.

I could be just a quack but since it sounds so like me I had to pipe up.. reckon go to the chemist and ask them for over the counter meds to help first before going to the Dr.

Caroline's was so much more dramatic, and I can't think of any film references for yours!

--------------------
S.

#266223 - 05/29/06 03:52 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Great, mine just had to be the dramatic one...

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

#266374 - 05/30/06 10:34 AM
pinkprincess

Aw well maybe mine could make a subplot or a good line for an extra

Thanks Sinead...yeah I think that could be what it is! I was having a bad day yesterday and everything was getting to me! But I`m feeling good today as I`ve been out trying to find another part time job (to support me through uni) as mine is rubish. I didn`t even finish handing out my C.V to all the shops when one of the shops phoned me and said do you want an interview...right now? I was like cooooool I am so wanted. I told them how much I was on an hour now though and their faces dropped and the interview was quickly finished. But I don`t care, I don`t mind a drop in pay I just hate the stress of my job...I`m a part timer yet deal with all the c**p and the lazy, stupid, full timer is going to be made my line manager and she is sooooooooo lazy I can`t stress how much so then it will be even worse.I already do the job meant for 4 people on a Sunday...urrrrgh...(although I can go to the toilet whenever I want when I am in work)....hmmmm dilema!!!

Even though my tum is hurting I am feeling positive. Woo!!!

Sorry for that ramble. How are you Caroline, still look like Hitch? hehe Hope you are feeling lots better

Hugs Jo x

--------------------

#266404 - 05/30/06 12:12 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Hmmm, could be a virus, mono, or eho knows what else!

#266407 - 05/30/06 12:17 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

I feel loads better thanks, it was just SO painful yesterday - yuck! Much better today...

Well done you on everyone being so impressed by you and your CV - based on that I'm sure you'll find an alternative job pretty quickly! What do you do / where do you work now? Have you done it for long? What's the most stressful part of your job, and what would you like to do instead?

Hugs, Hitch

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Re: new
      #266577 - 05/31/06 06:03 AM
pinkprincess

I work part time in an opticians in the trafford center and have done since 2001. I hate it because I end up having to do everything, all at once and don`t get paid enough for so much responsibility. No one recognises how much work I do (although when I suggested I might leave some people said "but what do we do if you leave?"...errrrrrrr getting someone else to be the dogs body might be a good idea) and I am so bored, I have to sort out the problem patients and am basically doing a managers job...thats not what I want from a part time job, rubish pay and too much responsibility ; only got it to pay my way through uni!

Anyway I have handed my c.v in at loads of other stores in the trafford center...fingers crossed!!!

hope you are ok hitch
jo x

--------------------

Glad you are both getting better... new
      #266588 - 05/31/06 06:28 AM
cailin

..and fair play Jo with all the interest. What stores have you applied for- everything or just some types? Any of them do nice staff discounts?

--------------------
S.

Re: Glad you are both getting better... new
      #266589 - 05/31/06 06:34 AM
pinkprincess

I`ve applied EVERYWHERE! LOL Schuh, Morgan, Monsoon, French Connection, New look, miss sixty, phones4u, toyworld (about 25-30 all in all!) and i`ll let you know about staff discount as I find out Just hope i hear from somewhere soon! xx

--------------------

Shopping heaven! new
      #266592 - 05/31/06 06:38 AM
cailin

..good luck with the applications, since you have experience I am sure that they will be delighted to get you! Just try to negotiate on the toilet access LOL!

--------------------
S.

Wierd tum - any advice and job interview/ibs problem... new
      #266642 - 05/31/06 09:56 AM
pinkprincess

I`m hoping for some help:
I seem to be getting loads of pains and keep pooing loads but its not bad diareoh - more like normal poo, but it hurts more than diareoh. I didn`t sleep last night cos of the pains (and cos i had freezing feet ) my diet is boring as ever but I have been trying more things recently...maybe that is what it is. Gosh I don`t know! I`m just SICK OF IT.

And I`ve just thought - Some jobs that I have applied for I had to fill in application forms (instead of c.v`s)and I have put that I can start immediately (other than sunday and monday as they are my days at my current job and need to give 4 weeks notice) but....I can`t start straight away cos I am having my camera down my throat June 28th and have to eat wheat for two weeks before = two weeks of being ill maybe....and I am soooo stupid I didn`t think. If I get an interview I could just tell them then - but I don`t want to ruin my chances of getting a job...bummer.

With jobs that haven`t mentioned the notice yet I will just say 4 weeks but should I still mention my ibs and when should I mention it? at the interview, wait till I get offered a job, or just do what I normally do and try to control it for as long as possible without telling anyone?

Got an interview at 4.30pm tomorrow for French Connection...lets hope my tum stays safe.I have been having bad tum today and I really don`t want it to ruin my chances. Oh well, what will be will be.

Jo xxxxxxxx

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1063 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1121

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review