All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Jolie-Pitt Baby Arrives
      #265978 - 05/27/06 08:18 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Brad and Angelina had their baby today in Africa. Go team Jolie!!

LOS ANGELES - The baby has arrived — and no, they didn't name her Brangelina.

Thousands of miles from Hollywood but still within easy reach of celebrity hype, Angelina Jolie gave birth to Brad Pitt's daughter Saturday in Africa, Pitt's publicist announced.

"The night of May 27, 2006 in Namibia, Africa, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt welcomed their daughter Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt. No further information is being given," publicist Cindy Guagenti said in a statement.

No photographs were being released, she added.

The baby's arrival had been the subject of intense press speculation in recent months, prompting the superstar couple to decamp to Africa for privacy. It escalated Tuesday when an e-mail Pitt sent to the Cannes Film Festival said he was unable to attend because of the baby's "imminent arrival."

The birth came a little more than a month after another blockbuster delivery: a girl born to Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.

Jolie and Pitt had powerful help protecting their privacy from the government of Namibia, which refused to grant entry to reporters seeking to cover the birth without the actors' written permission. The government arrested photographers, confiscated film, ringed the couple's hotel with heavy security and set up large green barriers on the beach to shield their family.

Jolie and Pitt were linked romantically shortly after appearing together in the 2005 movie "Mr. and Mrs. Smith."

Jolie, 30, is a frequent visitor to Africa and serves as goodwill ambassador for the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees.

Jolie has two adopted children: toddler Zahara, from Ethiopia, and 4-year-old Maddox, from Cambodia.

Both had their surnames legally changed to Jolie-Pitt after Pitt announced his intentions to co-adopt the children.

Pitt and actress Jennifer Aniston divorced last fall.

Jolie, who won an Oscar for her supporting role in 1999's "Girl, Interrupted," is divorced from Billy Bob Thornton and Jonny Lee Miller.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Jolie-Pitt Baby Arrives new
      #266009 - 05/28/06 05:59 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Why do movie stars name their babies such stupid names?!?!??!?!?!?!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#266014 - 05/28/06 07:08 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I dunno... Shiloh seems pretty close to really popular names like Hannah or Montana etc without being super trendy to me. It seems like a nice compromise between unique and super common (unlike say, Apple, or Moxie Crimefighter).

#266022 - 05/28/06 08:27 AM
countrygirl

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Wisconsin, USA

I give them credit for having a private birth and keeping the reporters out of their faces.I always hated it when reporters hounded celebrity parents w/ newborns.Yes, they are in the spotlight, but when it comes to private family matters i just wish the press would back off, ya know? Good for them for fooling them all and having the baby in Africa, on the other hand, i am not so sure i would want to give birth in an African hospital or any other foreign country unless i couldn't help it (like being in the military or something).

#266026 - 05/28/06 09:02 AM
Gracie

Shiloh (shee-low) is actually Hebrew origin, and it means the peaceful one. Shiloh is also an epithet denoting the Messiah. I think it's a pretty unique name.

With TomKat's baby, I really didn't like the name they picked for their daughter.

Edited by Gracie (05/28/06 09:13 AM)

Who cares ???? -nt- new
      #266062 - 05/28/06 02:34 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: Who cares ???? -nt- new
      #266065 - 05/28/06 03:44 PM
Gracie

Some people who follow the goings-on of the stars might care to know. It's a nice get-a-way from our normal, and sometimes pain filled lives.

Hope you're having a good day

i do!! new
      #266066 - 05/28/06 04:02 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I've been watching the goings on for a while.. She's so beautiful, so is he and they supposedly created this little baby here in my town!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Her middle name is a French derivative too new
      #266067 - 05/28/06 04:05 PM
_Willow

of the word new...so she's the new peaceful one.

But they do come up with some pretty bizarre names. Like Gwyneth and Apple. Ohhhh-kay then!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Moxie WHAT????? new
      #266068 - 05/28/06 04:07 PM
_Willow

Freeeaky. Who named that one?

I know a guy in the States somewhere renamed himself "trout fishing in America" and there's of course Picabo Street(Peek a Boo) but I actually quite like the name Picabo if it was pronounced like it looks!!

I love some hippie names but others are just plain drug induced,lol.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 398 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2855

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review