All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
That would be hard... new
      #266268 - 05/29/06 10:37 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

but we ahve to switch off days and nights with Kayleigh anyhow, so I guess I'd see more than I wanted usually anyhow...?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: nope, not yet. There's a reason tho new
      #266273 - 05/29/06 11:19 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Forget the couch, make him sleep on the bathroom floor.
Was he thinking about your heart and the pain he is putting you through when he decided to fool around????? I don't think it crossed his feeble mind.

What a fool to give sweet Shannon up for a lounge lizard.
Sweet little Kayleigh deserves so much better.

Re: Actually it's fluctuated new
      #266276 - 05/30/06 01:20 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Mind yourself Shannon. I spoke to a friend last night who married last year and has split from her husband already, she's finding it really difficult to eat and sleep too, and I am worried about her as she really can't afford to lose weight. She said that her counsellor told her that the breakup of a relationship is like a bereavement and you have to mourn the loss.

It is NOT on that you found out from T's brother that he is moving. I do wish that he was moving further though. If it were me and he were living three doors down I would become a psycho stalker any my curtains would constantly be twitching!

Hugs to you and Kayleigh

--------------------
S.

Re: Actually it's fluctuated new
      #266310 - 05/30/06 07:29 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Ok you make yourself eat. It may be hard since you're so upset but I don't want to get to all sick.

Re: That would be hard... new
      #266311 - 05/30/06 07:31 AM
Sara-Sage

No matter what it will be hard. I'm so sorry. I hope he has a VERY guilty conscience. Grrrr....

Re: Shannon new
      #266362 - 05/30/06 10:18 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I am going to be brutally honest with you. You know that I care for you deeply and would never intentionally hurt you.

I have been in a very similar situation. I married my high school sweetheart at 18. He went into restaurant management. He worked the night shift at Red Lobster. I gave up a management position at a local eye dr's office where I would have been making more money them him and moved across the state with him, because I loved him and wanted to have a life with him. I knew absolutely no one at all. I did find a crappy job at an eye dr's office but of course worked days so we hardly saw each other. A few months after we moved, he started staying out until I left in the morning for work and was irritable and I just new something was wrong.

One day, I was sleeping in bed and he came home at like 4am and sat in the chair at the foot of the bed and just stared at me. I have no idea how I knew but I knew to my very soul that he was seeing someone else and then it dawned on me, the "other woman" was pregnant. I just looked at him, he hadn't said a word at this point, and I just said "she's pregnant, isn't she??" He dropped his head and said yes.

I didn't even know he was unhappy with our marriage, I didn't know he was seeing someone, it was a total shock to me. I ended up moving out as I couldn't afford the rent at our duplex. Luckily, we didn't have any children and we really didn't own anything of value. We had been seeing each other since we were 16 and I was 22 when this happened.

The other woman did have an abortion, she was only 20 years old, already had a child AND lived at home. She was the bar tender at the restaurant he managed. I rented a small crappy apartment in an awful section of town trying to save up enough money to move back closer to my friends and family. Before he even filed divorce papers, she was pregnant again! I finally moved and within a couple of months, I got a phone call at 6am on April Fools day from his sister, he had been murdered at the restaurant. Unfortunately, it wasn't an Aprils fools prank and he really was dead. Its very odd because the other women actually told his parents to be sure that I was there because thats what he would have wanted.

I've also been in a very physically abusive relationship, that one lasted almost 2 years and ended up with a woman's shelter and restraining order, which are a joke by the way.

Anyways, honestly, I think, for whatever reason, the marriage is already over in your hubby's heart. Will he come around and realize that he does love you and you are the one for him after some time, who knows. But, I think you have to be realistic and do what is best for you and your daughter. I think YOU need to get a lawyer, don't rely on him for that, you need one who is going to look out for YOUR interests, not his. I agree, don't leave the condo until you have talked to a lawyer, there is an abandonment law which can be used against you. I think for your own hearts sake, do not try to hold onto a shoe string of hope that he will come around-you will never heal if you are always thinking that once he "gets it out of his system, he'll come back." If that turns out to be the case and you still want him, great but I've seen too many women waste their lives away waiting for that to happen.

Do not try and figure it all out at once, it will over whelm you. Take it day by day. The first step, is talking to a lawyer. If you guys do manage to work it out, great but you need to know what your options are in case you have to make decisions quickly. You are a strong person, you can and will get through this. Focus on each separate task and hurdle, try not to look too long term right now, it will work out one way or the other.

Sending lots of love and hugs.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Very well said Michele, you're so wise new
      #266371 - 05/30/06 10:31 AM
Sara-Sage

I'm so sorry that you went through at all that Michele. But sharing it with Shannon might help her.

I agree that I think her husband has already moved on and doesn't want it to work out. Who knows if he's already cheating or planning on it.

But Shannon, as hard as it seems now, I think starting to detatch yourself from him asap will save you a lot of heart ache.

Re: Very well said Michele, you're so wise new
      #266377 - 05/30/06 10:44 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

Wow Michelle, I agree with Sara-Sage I hope that this is helpful to Shannon but I am so, so, so, sorry you have been through all that Each day I learn more about how much of a brave and strong person you are and I hope this gives hope to Shannon. Take it one day at a time huni, I wish I could do something as I hate people suffering, especially when they are so sweet and have done nothing to deserve it. I wish i Knew the right thing to say to make things better but You are in my thoughts. BIG HUGS jo x

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

Yeah.... new
      #266461 - 05/30/06 03:58 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I have lots of weight to lose so I'm not worried about a few pounds. i am getting food in now, but a lot less than before.

And yes, it's going to be hard, no doubt living close by. i may have to move, we'll see! But I ahve got to live not too far off because Kayleigh needs to be with her daddy during the day. though he said it wouldn't kill her to go to daycare.A*****le

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Yeah.... new
      #266474 - 05/30/06 04:29 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Yeah? Well then it won't kill him to pay for the darned daycare either!

I'm sorry...I know you're hurt and mad but are probably still feeling like you should be "nice" and let him stay until he's ready to go. Since he has both a mother and brother willing to take him in, there's absolutely NO reason he should be staying in the house.

And while his story may be true...it may not be...he may have been seeing her before "breaking up with you"...he wouldn't want to admit, I'm sure, to something that could backfire on him in the divorce proceedings. Now that you know you didn't REALLY know him, don't take anything as the truth now. It's easier that way and will be better for you in the end.

Get him out of the house!
P.S. I found out that my ex slept with a former babysitter. She was 18, he was 33. I was told it didn't happen for another 2 years but still....I found out that he had gone to one of her parties...a skinny-dipping party and he was the old creepy one looking on. Makes me sick.

Oh...did I mention she was also one of my students? I swear I could write a best seller with all the crap in my life but no one would believe it was NON-fiction!

Hang in there girlie-girl....you WILL survive! ...and thrive, I know it!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 588 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 26033

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review