All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
What does everyone do when stuck on the toilet?
      #265870 - 05/27/06 04:53 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

(Or, since lots of you on here are stable, what did you used to do when you weren't stable?)

Only asking because, I was on the toilet 2 hours last night, trying my damndest to poo, since I've not been since Tuesday. (Which is really bizarre for me as a pure-bred D'er!)

Whilst I was there I read a bit of an autobiography by a famous UK footballer (soccer), but the moved on to my latest project - since I'm setting up a website I'm teaching myself all the ins and outs, and am reading a 'Creating a Web Site' for Dummies book cover to cover! With time spent on the loo I've already taught myself how to build pc's from scratch, read 6 IBS books, taught myself a whole host of effective, environmentally friendly cleaning methods and got my head into 'decluttering' mode....

So at least all the time stuck on there with D has been slightly productive! Sometimes I take my Ipod in too, put the radio on or take some study in with me.

So just curious how everyone else passes/passed the time?!

PS - nope, I still haven't been. Feel about 5 months pregnant I have that much stuff stuck inside me! This is a whole new experience...

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Suduko for one thing new
      #265873 - 05/27/06 06:38 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Read novels, talk to God, watch TV from afar. (I live alone so I can leave the door open). Many an AI shows were was watched from the comfort of my toilet seat.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: What does everyone do when stuck on the toilet? new
      #265876 - 05/27/06 07:02 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

I turn on my lap top computer with wireless internet connection. Lots of reading snd studing, playing with stocks, and visiting with friends.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#265877 - 05/27/06 07:30 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Well, if I can tell ahead of time that I'll be in there awhile, I bring a magazine. If I don't have time to plan that way, I either just sit or read anything I can get my hands on - the back of the hair spray can, shampoo bottle, etc.

#265878 - 05/27/06 07:34 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Oh my God, I thought I was the only person who did that!

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

#265881 - 05/27/06 08:50 AM
Honey mix

Reged: 11/16/05
Loc: USA wish it was England

Yesterday I was really sick I had D alot but I'm usaully a C So when I run to the toliet I grab a good book a relax and just let it come out while I'm reading.

--------------------
Puppies Are Cute But I'm Cuter

#265888 - 05/27/06 09:16 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I don't have too many horrible experiences anymore as I'm very stable. But when I did I always just sat there and waited. I never had any reading material handy. I guess it always happened so quickly that I always had to run for it and never thought to grab something.

Tommy always brings a magazine or newspaper in with him.

#265895 - 05/27/06 10:26 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Ha, I think it's a guy thing Tina- P, my Dad, my brothers and my boss all read on the loo. (my boss takes his newspaper with him during work and disappears for 15 mins, it's a bit yucky during work to do that I think)

My Mom used to leave trivia books in the bathroom at home and we would all read them. There's usually a newspaper supplement or a Newsweek in our bathroom if I get stuck.

--------------------
S.

OMG, I do that too! new
      #265901 - 05/27/06 10:52 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Reading the back of shampoo bottles and stuff, I *totally* do that when I'm stuck in the loo!
I guess I must figure if I am gonna be stuck in their, wasting part of my day I'll make sure it is not a total waste of time and learn exactly what else is in pantene pro-v, or the correct way to apply deodorant.

If there is something to read in there already, I'll read it but like Tina said a lot of the time it was so "gotta go!" that I wouldn't have time to think about reading material. I also won't go and find something to read and take it in with me if there are other people around - even Adrian - because I just feel.. icky.
I usually have the radio or TV on in the background when I am home alone, so I can usually listen to that from the bathroom.
I also think a lot about renovating my bathroom... and w hat my perfect bathroom would look like. The number of times I have thought about constructing this hugely elaborate bathrooms, I am embarassed to say. Hee hee.

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: OMG, I do that too! new
      #265907 - 05/27/06 11:49 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Yep, soap, shampoo, anything that I can reach that has writing on it. At my brother's therre is usually a stack of magazines to look through.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 58 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7050

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review