All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
American Idol winner is..............*caution,spoiler*
      #265388 - 05/24/06 07:27 PM
countrygirl

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Wisconsin, USA

..........exactly who i dreaded it to be!!! Taylor Hicks, wow, no surprise there, since they have only been pushing into the spotlight more and more each week on A.I.It was pretty obvious since Chris left who the winner was going to be! Oh well, maybe they will invest in dance lessons for him?! I guess it's no longer a talent competition but more of a "lets pick someone who is different" contest, sorry, but i just don't see Taylor as all that talented.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: American Idol winner is..............*caution,spoiler* new
      #265389 - 05/24/06 07:30 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

having only watched about thirty seconds of it, i'm no judge, but i totally wanted him to win bc his hair is just so awesome. i'm a total sucker for silver hair like that. but from what i've heard, he does have a lovely voice, and he's *interesting*, and a good performer - i'm sick of the boring american idol blah blah pretty pop thing, which is what the other finalist seemed to be.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#265393 - 05/24/06 07:48 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

well its all over which is kinda sad..

Taylor won, which I assumed would totally happen. Do I love him.. nope, not at all.. but I wasn't head over heels over katherine either so what can I say.

The show tonight was pretty cool though! I loved all the guests, and that they all sang together which was fun! I looooved seeing elliot and chris.. they totally stole the show. They both did really well and have fabulous voices. I thought that Carrie also sang amazingly as usual. Katherine was even on her game tonight.

I do wish that Taylor looked more excited and emotional about being the winner, but then again, I bet he knew it was coming! I remember watching last year when Carrie could barely sing her song because she felt so blessed. Oh well to each their own.

In other news.. kids are pretty cute! I was talking about AI with one of my students today and apparently the kids all think Taylor is older than grandpa.. this is what one said.. oh kids.. they have no clue!
"Taylor is so old. He's gonna sing three songs and then probably he'll die."

--------------------

#265399 - 05/24/06 08:03 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Eh, he seemed to me to be a rip-off of Ray Charles. We were rooting (a wee bit) for Katherine, but honestly not very excited by either choice. Ah well. Maybe next year will be more interesting.

#265420 - 05/24/06 10:13 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

BBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....TAYLOR WON

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

For all you Elliot fans... new
      #265421 - 05/24/06 10:18 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Ok, I haven't followed AI that much since Chris got voted out and I didn't watch last night's show (but I did tape the finale since they were all coming back and I'll likely watch it later) but I have a question. I saw one little part of the finale where they were presenting Elliot's Mom with an award for Proudest Parent...does anyone know if she is sick? I don't know...to me she looked like she was sick, very frail and stuff. I guess it could just be her but it made me concerned. And Elliot and Chris...can't wait to see 'em again.

Re: For all you Elliot fans... new
      #265422 - 05/24/06 10:40 PM
chely24

Reged: 02/22/06
Loc: ohio

i read somewhere she had cancer, not too sure though, cant really believe anything you read..but yes she does look frail.. she looked very different in the beginning of the season

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/rachelle423

#265424 - 05/24/06 10:53 PM
bestbuddy

Reged: 05/24/06

i was not aware about that.. where did you get that info? hope to hear from you...

That's what I was thinking... new
      #265427 - 05/25/06 12:35 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

...my Mom died of cancer and her deterioration over the season just reminded me of how my Mom looked on the chemo and everything. I hope that's not the case for her though.

#265464 - 05/25/06 06:30 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

yeah she is sick.. elliot has mentioned before about how his mom is his hero because of all of the hardtimes and adversity that she has endured.

I'm not sure exactly what disease or illness she has (I thought it could have been MS), but I know that she is sick because Elliot mentioned it once on the show.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2820 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3146

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review