All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Shannon...me too! new
      #265106 - 05/23/06 04:02 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I actually got addicted to stool softners. I was so afraid that it would hurt to poop I kept popping them. I had a 3rd degree tear AND a broken tail bone . Not fun! So the last thing I wanted was to hurt pooping! You are right though, took forever to heal!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What about an episiotomy? new
      #265111 - 05/23/06 04:08 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

my doc likes to not have to cut...i'm not sure why, she said it was better to not have to cut

Re: suddenstorm...question (or anyone else...that may have an idea...contractions galore!!) new
      #265149 - 05/23/06 05:09 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I'd keep track of the times and don't hesitate to call your doctor with any questions. No matter how many times you have to call.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Re: suddenstorm...question (or anyone else...that may have an idea...contractions galore!!) new
      #265153 - 05/23/06 05:29 PM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Lyndsey,

Could you go to the doctor tomorrow instead of waiting til Thurs? I would go as soon as possible and see what your doctor thinks. It sounds like you are starting labor if they stop you in your tracks.

Laura

#265248 - 05/24/06 07:15 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I have heard now that they say tearing is better than an episiotomy. My doc told me you heal better with a natual tear. I pushed for 2 1/2 hours with Noah and I think she was just about to cut me. Instead she used baby shampoo to grease his head to make him slide out easier. The thing that was horrible about the pushing was not my tear but my hemmaroids! They took forever to heal and it was painful to poo! If you are having those kinds of contractions i would see your doc ASAP!!

labor and delievry and doc know about the contractions.... new
      #265282 - 05/24/06 09:42 AM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

no one seems to be concerned!! they are all just saying it's my body, but when the heck am i going to know when i'm actually in labor?!?!?!?!?! well i'm srue i'll know...i'll give them a call anyway...

#265302 - 05/24/06 11:41 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Everything I've read said that sewing up a tear is much better for you than cutting across two muscles (which is what an episiotomy is). Most of the studies have shown that with massaging olive oil into the area you should have no reason to do the cut and the healing time is faster and better with a tear than a cut. I would never have one (and in fact left my doctor because she seemed kinda cut happy- wish I'd found yours). They're making them non-standard and non-routine these days.

At any rate, they're all personal choices, but since so many people were speaking in favor of them I wanted to offer the alternate opinion.

Re: labor and delievry and doc know about the contractions.... new
      #265303 - 05/24/06 11:43 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Well, they probably think they're Braxton Hicks contractions (fake ones) right? My friend had a lot of those- false excitement.

I hope you get real ones soon!

Re: Shannon...me too! new
      #265329 - 05/24/06 01:40 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Yep, I had an addiction to thise too, maybe that's what got us into this problem in the first place?? I was on stool softeners almost every day since I was 19 because I was so C and they helped. Certainly can't say I'd be stupid enough to take one today with all the D!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#265332 - 05/24/06 01:46 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I'm very anti episiotomy too. My doc was not a cutter, and I feel I healed faster with a tear. And just the THOUGHT of someone cutting my hoo ha with scissors was the biggest fear for me!! Luckily my tear healed fast.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 535 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7490

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review