All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Big baby..help!!
      #264817 - 05/22/06 01:55 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

i had an ultrasound today, becuase i was measuring too small.i was measuring 33 weeks, but i'm 37 weeks, so i went today, and my radiologist said baby was a good size, and 8 pounds!!!! i don't want baby to get any bigger, and the radiologist said that he's healthy, and fully developed. so i'm trying to get ahold of my doctor to see if she can induce me or something, becuase i don't want the baby to be any bigger!! he said he could be off by a half pound...but if i go to 40 weeks, or more...he'll be HUGEEEEEEE! what do i do?!?!?!?!? i'm all stressed out about my birth canal!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yikes! Poor you! At least you know the babie's EXTRA healthy...!! new
      #264824 - 05/22/06 01:59 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Re: Big baby..help!! new
      #264828 - 05/22/06 02:02 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

So many people have 10 lb babies these days. Try not to worry!

#264842 - 05/22/06 02:18 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

This is your second baby so chances are that area should be stretched a bit more even though it's been a few years. Also my friend is very petite and she had a 8lbs 13ounce baby and did just fine. Try not to worry. I think your labor would be worse if you are induced. I am not a big fan of induction even though I will have to be this time around so I can be off my blood thinner. I think woman who are induced tend to have a harder labor anyways. Remember our bodies are made to do this! Good Luck!

I can empathize new
      #264918 - 05/22/06 10:18 PM
LittleLamb

Reged: 07/22/04
Loc: USA

Oh my - I can relate to your concerns. I think that you should be just fine! Talk to your MD and you 2 can formulate a plan you both feel comfortable with.

I had a difficult delivery w/child #1 so they were watching me closely w/child #2. They induced me a few days before due date because they didn't want me to have such a rough time again.

In retrospect, I don't think the induction was necessary. Child #2 was very easy to deliver - only a few ounces smaller than child #1. I had epidurals with both - but #2 was so EASY to push out. I remember I kept saying "Wow - that was so much easier this time!" after child #2 was delivered - only took a few pushes.

With child #1 everything felt "stiff" and "stuck" - that's the only words I can use to describe what I was feeling.

With child #2 I could feel my pushing making the baby come out and they just kind of "popped" out. I felt more "loose" and I felt like my pelvis was "giving" more.

In light of how I felt, I would not be induced again. My labor was longer and more unpleasant. I sat awake all night while the meds "worked" and I was very uncomfortable. Then they came in and broke my bag of waters and that hurt like H*LL. They wouldn't let me get my epidural for a while and I was mad!

Artificial labor is harder - I don't think I'd do it again.

#264944 - 05/23/06 06:50 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Lyndsey,

I had three big babies, the first was 8lbs 11oz and I was tiny and very sore afterwards. 6 years later my son was 8lbs 9oz and popped right out and then 3 years later my daughter was born 8lbs 14oz and I had no trouble at all.

Your body does stretch and each birth is easier at least it was for me. If you are healthy and the baby is healthy I would wait but definitely talk with your doctor about your concerns and see what he says.

Good Luck!

--------------------
Janey

#264950 - 05/23/06 07:03 AM
countrygirl

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Wisconsin, USA

Those ultrasound weights can be pretty off. They told my sister in law she was going to have a large baby because she had gestational diabetes,so they induced her early because of their concerns about the baby's large size,she ended up being only 7lbs 7oz and 19 inches long.
My last baby was 8lbs 10 oz,she was a c-section but so was my first, but i was told larger babies are easier to push out.Try not to worry too much about the the ultra sound weight says, they told me 3 weeks before her birth that she was close to 10lbs and possibly bigger, but she ended up only being 8lbs 10z and 21 inches long.

#264958 - 05/23/06 07:29 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

My uncle was 15 lbs. Of course he was my grandmother's 7th child, but ouch. My nephew was almost 10.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#264980 - 05/23/06 08:55 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

My first was 8lbs 11 oz and it was a hard labor. But my second was induced and went really well. Baby was smaller but was SOOOOOO much easier. My 3rd was really easy too and that was induced as well. I was at 4cm with both when I was induced. So I was already half way there. I wouldn't get induced unless I was already on my way. If you start out at 0 ir 1cm it could take some time for sure!!! Also...don't read to much into there estimation.....more times than not they are off a lot! Your baby could be more like 7 lbs!

Good luck and keep us posted~

--------------------

#264991 - 05/23/06 10:25 AM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Lyndsey,

I agree with the others that doctors can be really off on the weight when they guess. My doc thought my baby was a10 pounder and pressured me to induce. I finally caved and induced at 39 weeks and she was only 7lbs 4 oz and such an easy birth! I only had 1 hour of pain before th epi. was given and I think I pushed twice. We were laughing and joking around while I was pushing. I would do induction again no problem. This is your second baby so it should be easier and quicker, don't worry. Be sure to let us all know and post pics!

Laura

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 105 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7434

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review