All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Hmmm that seems strange... new
      #264580 - 05/20/06 04:51 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

I cant imagine someone being upset with you because you told her she couldnt come just yet...thats totally understandable for you to feel like that and for months to go by I dont understand. I tell you the older I get...the more odd people seem to be....I dont have any advice....have you rang her at all in this time?? I probably wouldnt feel like calling her after that email....though maybe I would to tell her that this is geting a bit petty....her email comes across as very school girl behaviour dressed up in an adult voice....maybe she was having a bad day or a particularly rough time when the email arrived and maybe the way you wrote it(not purposeflly) just hit a nerve with her and she happened to take it out on you??? Still no excuse...but if its upsetting you at all maybe you should try calling her...that way theres no room for misinterpretation of words on her part???

--------------------
Natalie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hmmm that seems strange... new
      #264581 - 05/20/06 04:52 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I won't be calling her but it's nice for you to suggest that as it could potentially clear up a misunderstanding. But I think I'm too hurt at this point to even want to patch things up!

I think that says it all.... new
      #264582 - 05/20/06 04:55 PM
Natalie1985

if thats the way you feel about the friendship needing to end then I think its a well written, honest response....let us know if she replies back

--------------------
Natalie

Re: If you have written her off... new
      #264583 - 05/20/06 04:56 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Personally I'd be aggravatingly nice! Rise above it, she'd hate it 'cause it'd make her feel inferior...

Something like....
"Wow, what an excitable response to a simple email! Bless ya, I guess you must be pretty stressed & unhappy to react like that - are you ok? It is definitely sad someone I considered a good friend has ended up in a place where she feels she has to write emails like that. I sometimes forget not everyone is as happy and content as I am lucky enough to be right now.

I do hope you're ok, and sorry you're having such a rough time. I obviously didn't deserve such a harsh reply, which was way beyond "annoying", but I won't say any more 'cause if you're in a place where you never have 2 mins to reply to friends' emails and have ended up writing nasty, silly ones like that you must be really struggling with life right now.

Hope things start to get a bit easier for you soon, and you know where I am if you want to catch up (but no more tantrum throwing eh?!), Tina"

But that's just me! Just judging from her words/tone she wants to make you feel inferior, which is cruel, so I'd just flip it right back. I'd either do that or just write a really, really short one back just kinda dismissing her for being so silly.

Let us know what you do sweat sista, and loadsa hugs heading your way!!

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

I once let go of a friendship... new
      #264584 - 05/20/06 04:57 PM
nomorepooch

Reged: 04/18/06

because this person was bossy and brazen and waaaaay overstepped any boundaries that were there. I chose to write her a note and said something to the effect of...it seems that the season for our friendship is over. I wish you the best...something like that. My preference would have been "listen you...cross the line again and I will kick your sorry rear" but it would have added more fuel to the fire. I guess what I am suggesting is that if you are going to respond, do it in a way where she can't fire back. You can speak your mind and be graceful and dignified at the same time...this way she has no cause to say to others "DO YOU KNOW WHAT TINA SAAAAAAAIIIIIDDDD???????????????

--------------------
Have a blessed day! Rachel
Formerly poochibelly...
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Well thats fair enough.... new
      #264585 - 05/20/06 04:58 PM
Natalie1985

if at any time you feel that you would like to clear things up then you know you can ring her...you'd look the better person in doing so...and Im sure if she is any sort of friend at all she will feel extremely guilty and embarrassed at the way shes behaved. Lifes too short to make enemies or hold grudges...i hope she comes to her senses and realises what she might be about to lose.

--------------------
Natalie

Re: I once let go of a friendship... new
      #264586 - 05/20/06 05:01 PM
Sara-Sage

You're right about that. She will tell the others including my ex but I honestly don't care about them. None of them are friends anyway as they all took the side of the ex and dumped me.

GREAT RESPONSE... new
      #264587 - 05/20/06 05:02 PM
Natalie1985

Ive told you you should be a writer...I think I'd send that sort of message back tina...similar to what you wrote anyway but maybe throw in some of those witty comments blondie made which I think made it sound even better....I hope it has the desired effect.....

--------------------
Natalie

OMG PERFECT!!!!!!!!!! new
      #264588 - 05/20/06 05:03 PM
Sara-Sage

Caroline,

I am using your reply!! PERFECT!!!!!

I OWE YOU BIG!!! GENUIS!!!!

Re: GREAT RESPONSE... new
      #264590 - 05/20/06 05:05 PM
Sara-Sage

I am sending her words............all of them!! I won't put my petty response in as she will make fun of it. Blondie's reply REALLY puts her in her place.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! GENIUS!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 278 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 73998

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review