All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
My opinion new
      #264835 - 05/22/06 02:05 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I think this is her way of saying she's sorry. I don't think she wants to lose you as a friend, Tina. She now realizes that she was taking you for granted. I would reach out to her and see how it goes.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My opinion new
      #264836 - 05/22/06 02:06 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

You may be right Bethie.

Thanks!

Re: SHE SENT ME A THIRD EMAIL!! new
      #264837 - 05/22/06 02:07 PM
Sara-Sage

You're so right Rachel about the grudge.

Well I think... new
      #264841 - 05/22/06 02:17 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

shes getting the message now and its up to you whether you want to hold grudges or not but judging what I know of your character by now Im guessing you're not gona right?? Life is too short for silly grudges over things...my flatmate whos pregnant had a major falling out with us abotu a month before she found out she was pregnant and dissappeared for 3 weeks, when she returned we had a huge argument and I really thought that was it for our friendship for a little while and I really thought that our friendship had meant nothing to her by the way she was acting....we let it pass and decided to never talk about it again...now she's needed our support more than ever and we've become so much closer recently...it seems so strange to think I even contemplated us not being friends anymore. I think you should email her back and see what happens from there....

--------------------
Natalie

Ok, I'm going to email her back new
      #264843 - 05/22/06 02:21 PM
Sara-Sage

We'll see how she responds. I wish she would have just emailed me sooner and none of this would have even happened!

#264844 - 05/22/06 02:24 PM
chely24

Reged: 02/22/06
Loc: ohio

It sounds like she knows youre not gonna be the first to give in, so she had to, shes making an effort to maybe fix things?...you treated her the way she treated you (good for you by the way, not writing back to the other one!) and she didnt like it and maybe thats what it took for her to realize what shes doing, so she wrote that email.. i would write her back but dont get too close.. just my opinion

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/rachelle423

Ok I caved in and wrote back new
      #264845 - 05/22/06 02:27 PM
Sara-Sage

Here:

Quote:

Ok this IS silly. I hate grudges and fighting.

I think I was upset the most because to me it sounded like you didn't believe me that I'm doing so well and am so happy. You of all people have heard the good and the bad. I would tell you if I was miserable, I'm not. And of course I was a bit offended that I didn't hear from you much. I took that as disinterest in keeping in touch and remaining friends.

Moving here and marrying Tommy has changed my life so much for the better. I'm very content and feel so safe with him. This city rocks and I feel like I've lived here my whole life which is kinda strange but true.

I don't mind if you only email me every 2 weeks if that's all you have time for, but I guess that's ok as long as I know that I AM going to hear back from you at some point.

Tina

#264849 - 05/22/06 02:29 PM
Sara-Sage

I did write back and expect that she'll return the email sometime this week. But after that, I will not hold my breath for her. That's a promise.

Tee hee new
      #264853 - 05/22/06 02:34 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I think she's a passive-aggressive busybody!! You so don't need this. You have it all and it looks like she has nothing better to do than burn bridges. She should really just not be trying to start something via email. I roll my eyes in her general direction (North)!!

I think your other response was dead on!! I have a way of calling people out when I'm pissed off, but I agree your way was the way to go. It's a lot of fun writing acid letters, though, even if I don't get a chance to send them!!

I think we can all relate to someone acting like her!! No doubt this post has so many responses!! See how many people are ready to jump to your defense?

~nelly~

World record, 4th email new
      #264854 - 05/22/06 02:40 PM
Sara-Sage

She wrote back to my email right away:

Quote:

Hi Tina,

Good to hear from you. If you have a teacher for a friend you have to expect delays!!! You are NOT the only friend I haven't gotten back to. It's true you have more time than me these days. It has nothing to do with our friendship. So don't worry. I was even thinking of coming to visit you during the summer if this is okay. Maybe mid-July.

Not too keen on her mentioning a visit just yet as I was about to end the friendship with her just yesterday! I am not going to write back to her email today either.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 250 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 74013

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review