All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Ooooh yes.... new
      #264649 - 05/21/06 06:30 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

I'll be there in a shot...give me time and place details and we can have a virtual extravanganza!!

--------------------
Natalie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: UPDATE....She actually wrote back to my response new
      #264663 - 05/21/06 08:19 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Thanks Caroline. It's a great reply but I think at this point I'll going to dump her as a friend for good. No explanation, I just won't write back to her anymore.

Her loss!!!

Re: Yea I agree.... new
      #264664 - 05/21/06 08:21 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Nat.

I am fed up with her and am not going to even bother replying. Hey - she went MONTHS without replying to me and saw NOTHING wrong with it so she'll get a taste of her own medicine by waiting around to hear back from me. Well, she never will. And my couch is officially off-limits for her so she is scr@wing herself out of a place to stay in NYC. ha ha

Re: Ooooh yes.... new
      #264665 - 05/21/06 08:23 AM
Sara-Sage

I wish!

Completely her loss... new
      #264672 - 05/21/06 09:18 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

and I dont blame you...you dont have time for petty and pathetic friends who act like that...I hope she realises just how stupid shes been and what a GREAT FRIEND shes lost

--------------------
Natalie

#264678 - 05/21/06 09:51 AM
chely24

Reged: 02/22/06
Loc: ohio

she sounds just like a friend i used to have...we were inseperable (did i spell that right!? lol)..anyways all the sudden she stopped talking to me for 9 months...i'd call her, email her...never an answer and all for no reason..finally i wrote and told her how shes being rude and all she could say back was "rachelle i've been busy, some of us have to work you know"...so i told her im sorry her life is so busy that she cant make time for a friend and in the end..if she keeps that up..she wont have no friends at all...so we havent talked since then for over a year and the other day i get a call from her..and shes all "we should hang out again"..etc...so of course I said im really too busy anymore..i know it sounds rude but it made me feel tons better and ill see her now and again and i dont feel hurt or anything anymore..she was just someone i knew in the past and i have great friends now who showed me she was never the definition of a "friend" cause if she was she'd never treat me like that...so after writing this book..i agree tina..u shouldnt bother with her again

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/rachelle423

#264686 - 05/21/06 12:01 PM
Sara-Sage

I agree with you. No sense wasting my time with her.

I think you did the right thing telling your friend that you were too busy now. Her loss!

Re: Completely her loss... new
      #264687 - 05/21/06 12:03 PM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Nat. Maybe in a few days it will sink in that I won't be writing to her anymore. Maybe she'll think I'm silly, maybe she'll be slightly sad. Who knows! Who cares. Anyone that talks to me in the demeaning tone cannot be a friend of mine.

Re: Completely her loss... new
      #264691 - 05/21/06 01:54 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

DITTO! From the little I've seen of her from her emails it is 100% her loss, you're the cool, funky, lovely intelligent one and she's worse off without you.

There's so many things to worry about in life the last thing we need is friends who make us feel bad too. Move on with a smile!

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

#264718 - 05/21/06 08:43 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey Tina,

I think I missed most of this already, but thought I'd pop my head in to say sorry that your friend has upset you so much. I think, and I could be wrong, that from the tone of her eMail and everything that she sounds like she is just all wrapped up in her own stresses and didn't like being criticised for anything. I think there are some people who just can't handle any sort of criticism and get all defensive without really considering anyone else's side.

If I were you, I wouldn't keep writing her back and forth about it. In her response to you, it sounds like she doesn't want to get into it and just doesn't think she's done anything in error and if that's the case, you won't be able to convince her otherewise. I would just let sleeping dogs lie, before you let yourself get wrapped up in it. It is probably upsetting you more than her.

Hope you are feeling better about the whole thing!

**hugs**
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 318 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 74014

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review