All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Re: Okay ... Okay !!! new
      #264612 - 05/20/06 05:21 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Yes! I am so bad at replies so you can alsways help out!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

yes indeed....yay for me not having a life... new
      #264613 - 05/20/06 05:21 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

lol...no seriously...no money and everyone in the middle of exams...thats the reason for my night infront of the computer Right I am signing off and going to bed its 1.21 in the morning here and Im nackered....good night blondie and good night tina...glad you got it all sorted...

--------------------
Natalie

GOOD NIGHT ALL! And thanks!!!! new
      #264614 - 05/20/06 05:23 PM
Sara-Sage

Good night to both of you!

I am home alone as Tommy's partying it up at his bachelor party! He just called from the steak house restaurant they're at because there's 2 Mets...or Jets... players there. Tommy was so excited. cute!

Awww... new
      #264616 - 05/20/06 05:25 PM
Natalie1985

YAY for tommy....hope hes having a fabulous night...have you had your hen night??? I cant remember if you posted about that??

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Awww... new
      #264617 - 05/20/06 05:37 PM
Sara-Sage

Nope, no hen night for me. Maybe I should organize one for all my online ibs friends and me in the Big Apple! Everyone welcome!

Re: Okay ... Okay !!! new
      #264625 - 05/20/06 07:37 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I dunno... I've decided never to send emails in reply to something hurtful until 48 hours afterwards. I've seen emails go wrong far too many times, and I read a study that 80% of emails are misinterpreted. I think I have to agree that thinking carefully first and writing slowly is a good idea.

To the original post though, I'm sorry your old friend disappointed you, I know how much it hurts when someone turns out to not value your friendship as much as you value theirs.

Re: If you have written her off... new
      #264629 - 05/20/06 09:19 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

This is such a perfect respone Blondie13.

Tina, let us know how it turns out. I hope your (ex) friend realises that she's sounding immature.

UPDATE....She actually wrote back to my response new
      #264642 - 05/21/06 05:38 AM
Sara-Sage

Here's what she wrote:

Quote:

Hi,

Listen, this is ridiculous. I just don't think you understood the tone of your email that's all. I'm in a a great place, a great job with a great guy with great friends. You have no idea what I have gone through the last
couple of weeks. As a good friend you would be sympathetic to this. I guess you misunderstood the tone of my email. As you know I am to the point and honest. My email was not nasty or silly, it was realistic. As for tantrum throwing, well it seems that I hit a nerve with you. Why are you so upset over this?

Emily

I don't know if I'll bother writing back. At this point I no longer want to be friends with her. Since I'm living in another country I may very well never see her again which is ok by me. The ones left in Ottawa are coming to my wedding and have stayed in touch. That speaks volumes. Also, the fact that she has written to me twice in one week is annoying. She only does this when there's a problem. Ugh!

Any suggestions? Caroline? Natalie?

Re: UPDATE....She actually wrote back to my response new
      #264646 - 05/21/06 06:19 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Well, I guess it was a 'semi-apology', but she clearly can't get over the whole trying to come across superior thing - "Why are you so upset over this?" . And she also can't make her mind up - either everything is "great", or she's been going through a "tough" time. Which one?!

Obviously up to you if you reply or not. I think if it was me I'd just say:

"Hiya
Not quite sure how you thought I was upset - I was saying all was cool and I understood why you sent that kind of email. And I was being sypathetic to what you've been going through, that was the point of my mail! I agree this is ridiculous - you're misunderstanding each email I send & reacting like a child, then trying to blame me for it. You're making keeping in touch such hard work!

Look, I hope you're doing ok, I obviously care and consider myself a friend or I wouldn't have mailed you in the first place - up to you if you want to throw that away by trying to start an argument over nothing. You're obviously the one who's upset, and you know where I am if you need any help with that.

Tina"

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Yea I agree.... new
      #264647 - 05/21/06 06:28 AM
Natalie1985

think Blondies response is yet again on the mark....dont really know what to say about what your friend replied....she is obviously being petty...and replying to you so quick this time....hmmm....that makes her look even worse in my eyes.... Id maybe send what blondie has suggested if you want to send anything at all.

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 403 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 74009

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review