All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I need some recommendations
      #264336 - 05/19/06 10:29 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Just picked up a dress I am supposed to be bridesmaid (don't ask!) in for a July wedding and need a good supportive backless strapless bra. Do they even make one??? I'm in the "D" range, and this dress is indecent as it is, and I'm hoping the right underclothes will help.

Anyone know a reliable place to get measured and fitted for such a thing? I'm thinking Victoria's Secret or Dillards? This is the most AKWARD position to be in!! This dress is beyond ugly and is practically topless. Just plain indecent. If you plan on asking big fat old ladies to be in your wedding party, seems you'd pick a dress for such body types! I am beyond frustrated!!! HELP!?

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I need some recommendations new
      #264337 - 05/19/06 10:32 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

I think department stores usually have a good selection - my guess is you'll need something with a bodice - either just a corset-type thing, or something like a backless, strapless bodysuit. VS might be good, but might also tend towards the more titilating, less functional end for that sort of thing. I usually go to Macy's for that sort of thing. HTH.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#264338 - 05/19/06 10:32 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Sounds like the bride was very thoughtless picking out such an ugly dress.

I bought a bustier for my strapless wedding gown and I'm a DD. It is a low back and provides GREAT support. It goes down to my tummy too so it also slims me in that area.

I went to a lingerie store and got measured properly.

This makes me feel better! new
      #264343 - 05/19/06 10:56 AM
bamagirl

There are several really nice department stores in our area. Guess you know what I'll be doing tomorrow. Fun! Fun! NOT!!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#264386 - 05/19/06 01:30 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

If you have a Neiman Marcus or other upscale department store in town (or a great independant lingerie store) I'd go there. Victoria's Secret doesn't measure accurately or carry a wide enough range of sizes. I found a great local store that measured me properly for the first time in my life and it made a huge difference! Also, they do make backless strapless bras. Good luck!

UPDATE!! PROBLEM SOLVED!! new
      #264725 - 05/22/06 06:17 AM
bamagirl

Ok, so I'll still have to wear the color of bubblegum, BUT I went to a nice department store to get fitted with my dress and turns out I was wearing the wrong size bra altogether. I needed a smaller band and larger cup! Plus, I only needed strapless and not backless, so that helps in the support area a LOT!!

And I found out that the wrap that I don't have yet but will be wearing will be draped around the front to hang long in the back and cover up everything no one wants to see anyway. Soooo, I'm now outfitted for this shindig. 700 invitations going out and even the department store clerk knows this family, so I guess the entire town will be turning out. Hope they like bubblegum!! 9 attendants!! But I'm ready!!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

I still wanna see a picture of the "bubblegum dress"!~nt~ new
      #264732 - 05/22/06 06:48 AM
nomorepooch

Reged: 04/18/06

--------------------
Have a blessed day! Rachel
Formerly poochibelly...
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: UPDATE!! PROBLEM SOLVED!! new
      #264755 - 05/22/06 08:45 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Great news! The wrong bra size was true for me as well (exact same problem). Isn't wearing the right size bra so much more comfortable?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 215 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1126

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review