#264008 - 05/17/06 06:58 PM
nomorepooch

Reged: 04/18/06

--------------------
Have a blessed day! Rachel
Formerly poochibelly...
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: OMW....American Idol....I am shocked. Not saying a name. I think I am done.~nt~ new
      #264011 - 05/17/06 07:03 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I'm totally upset about who left.

Re: OMW....American Idol....I am shocked. Not saying a name. I think I am done.~nt~ new
      #264012 - 05/17/06 07:04 PM
nomorepooch

Reged: 04/18/06

I wonder if the judges knew ahead of time...why would Paula have been boo-hooing if they hadn't?

--------------------
Have a blessed day! Rachel
Formerly poochibelly...
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#264015 - 05/17/06 07:10 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

They looked quite surprised last week when Chris left.

ugh new
      #264029 - 05/17/06 09:09 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

well suffice to say I am totally sad and disapointed. I wanted to be surprised, but I ended up finding out the results on the way home from our own Amandapanda when I called her back on my drive home from work (haha no worries amanda, it was probably better that way).

I literally cried the entire way home after I got off the phone. Then I watched the show and cried throughout most of it (which I know is probably so pathetic but I feel so bad for him and really felt that he not only deserved this but really needed it!)

His hometown visit was so sincere and so endearing. It just made the other two's visits look laughable to me. Even Paula was hysterical during it. Of course I was too. He is so the same great person that he was coming into it, the only difference is that he found some happiness. I was so happy for him when he talked about it being the best day of his life and how he'll never forget it (while previously katherine said that hers was ehh okay). Plus when he was telling people not to be nervous around him because he's just the boy from the pharmacy it was like *SWOON*

plus when he was crying after his video.. that was the icing on the cake. you could tell he really appreciated his day at home where he felt like a king!

Anyways.. I think the vote was absolutely RIDICULOUS. I mean he got 33.06% of the votes and lost to someone who got 33.26% of the votes. That could have been a freaking technical glitch. I think the voting on this show really is stupid and ridiculous, especially considering I could barely get through for him all night.

Ahhh then there was the send off video, when he cried again and I think half of america cried along with him. It broke my heart when he talked about his tough life and how he never thought he'd catch a break.

well regardless I love him.. and I hope he, and chris get great deals and aren't restraint by the american idol contract. Elliot deserves this (and although me and brittany are really sad, we'll be the first in line to buy his new album!)

--------------------

#264031 - 05/17/06 09:12 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

I know.. usually the judges don't find out.. they usually look really shocked.

I think Paula was so upset because he was her favorite and his video was so touching. I don't think she actually knew he was leaving, I think it was just her reaction to his really sweet and touching story..because his video really was the sweetest (especially how proud he was of himself and his love for his mom).. I think Paula has a soft spot for Elliot and his success story to be honest.

--------------------

Re: ugh new
      #264032 - 05/17/06 09:13 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

one more thing.. I know how all you chris fanatics feel for sure. Granted I was a chris fanatic too.. but an elliot fanatic first

I dunno how I feel about the finale (well yeah I think it sucks!) I'll probably watch it, because the rest will come back to sing on it, but I doubt i'll vote.

we've got one cruise ship star singer, and one diva up there for the finale . I think it def should have been Elliot and Chris up there instead.

--------------------

I couldn't believe new
      #264060 - 05/18/06 04:46 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

how close it was. I have to say while I've been a Kat fan I really wished she'd gone home instead of Elliott. I've grown to love him! Any guy who treats his Mama that well is gonna make a wonderful husband to someone someday!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

My condolences to you.... new
      #264073 - 05/18/06 06:11 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I know how you feel - I'm still recovering from Chris' departure! After seeing Elliot's videos last night he became my new favorite. He is so humble and appreciative and talented. I'm very sad for him, but as I said about Chris - Elliot will be ok. I'll buy his album DEFINTELY!!

At this point I think Taylor is going to win it all, but I really don't care at this point....dang American Idol!!! Of course I will watch next week though. What can I say?? I'm still hooked.

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Re: My condolences to you.... new
      #264087 - 05/18/06 07:25 AM
countrygirl

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Wisconsin, USA

As much as i can't stand him, Taylor is going to win, i can just sense it, they have been spotlighting him alot lately and giving him extra attention (like singing his song again on the results show that voted Chris off). He's different and that will make him marketable.I love Katherine but how many more Celine Dion,Mariah Carey,Alisha Keys or Kelly Clarkson's do we need? I just hope they give Taylor some dance lessons if he does win!

NO - dont' ruin it, I love how he dances like an idiot.... like ME! new
      #264103 - 05/18/06 08:31 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: I couldn't believe new
      #264106 - 05/18/06 09:07 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

I really think he will too!

now if only I could meet him now that would make my day!

the videos that they showed of him last night where so heartwarming! I'm glad they illustrated just what a sweet man he is.

--------------------

here's a cute article about him.. new
      #264149 - 05/18/06 12:15 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12855131/from/RS.1/

wooohoo lets hope he finds success!

--------------------

I couldnt help but look....... new
      #264235 - 05/18/06 05:56 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

when I saw condolenses written in one of the posts in response to Ashleys post I knew it must be bad news about my darling elliot...and I was right...i couldnt help it I had to see if it was true....we dont get the show here till friday....I am dreading watching it now...I am likely to cry my eyes out too ashley....I LOVED him...he has an AMAZING voice and is so nice...my dad is mean...he calls him 'the hobbit' I know he might not have been the best looking guy in the world...but I tell ya i was falling for him...he reminds me of someone I used to know....maybe thats it....but he is such a sweet guy and amazingly talented...I hope he goes a long way and that this opens up a whole lot of avenues for him....after all its not always the winners who come out of the show better off.....fingers crossed his dreams will come true.....and I'll definately be buying his album...which is likely to arrive in this country in maybe 10 years?? lol....for some reason apart from te amazing kelly(whose albums i have) all the other american idols have never released much over here or if they have its hard to find out where the hell to buy it from...they seem to dissappear.....

--------------------
Natalie

Re: I couldnt help but look....... new
      #264262 - 05/18/06 07:41 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

I know.. trust me I was so sad!

Make sure you watch the show though on friday.. you probably will cry your eyes out if you loved Elliot like I do, but it will really make you realize why he had so many fans. It was honestly, probably the most touching American Idol I have ever seen! plus, when he cried himself twice in the one hour, you couldn't help but cry along with him!

I too hope that he hits it big, and that he catches a break and gets a record deal! He definitly deserves it and is a real sweetie!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2379 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1865

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review