All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Re: I'm back, and in major life crisis. new
      #264202 - 05/18/06 03:56 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

No words of wisdom, Shannon, just wanted to let you know how sorry I am.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Sounds like a good brother. -nt new
      #264207 - 05/18/06 04:12 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#264213 - 05/18/06 04:24 PM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Oh Shannon,

I do know how you are feeling. I'm so sorry. I have been exactly where you are (except there was another woman). On Feb. 8th, 1996 my ex told me he was out of love and was leaving me. On Feb. 9th he left. It was OK with me from a "love" standpoint because I didn't love him anymore either, but it was scary because like you, I had a young child ( my son had just turned 3). It bites when some one just decides to dispense of their spouse, doesn't it? Even if you are already feeling estranged, it hurts real bad when your spouse just says it out loud.

A word about amicable divorces. Few stay that way. Wise words from Sand, please see an attorney ASAP. Before my husband even told me he was leaving, he had already planned to take custody of our son and move out of state with him. This never actually happened , but it was a good thing that I sought top-notch representation for myself and my son's sake, because it did get ugly.

On a better note, this time of my life turned out to be absolutely exhilerating! After I got used to the fact that he was gone, I got real happy and eventually met some one else. It was a great time in my life in many ways.

Hang in there Shannon, you are such a positive person and you really are young and you have so much ahead of you!

Laura

#264216 - 05/18/06 04:28 PM

Unregistered

Oh Shannon I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through and I know you and Kayleigh don't deserve for this to be happening. You are such a strong woman I have no doubt you'll work things out for you two. I'm so sorry and will keep you in my thoughts.

#264218 - 05/18/06 04:36 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Shannon,

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through such a rough time. I just want you to know that I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

--------------------
Janey

Nelly, new
      #264346 - 05/19/06 10:58 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

My dad left my mom for her best friend. I can understand your anger. lease see my latest post though.

I agree with you 100% but I'm not calling it quits yet. I have hope still.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

I think you're totally right. new
      #264348 - 05/19/06 11:06 AM
_Willow

Yes, I love him like nobody else!!! I do NOT want this to end, and I am willing to do whatever it takes, and he knows that.

Read my new post as to why I really doubt it has anything to do with me. And why I think we have hope still.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Midlife crisis new
      #264349 - 05/19/06 11:13 AM
_Willow

Thant's what I called it before I said that it was his work. And I believe that's what it is. He is so pressured at work and he's so closed off to talking about his feelings. So there's definintely work to do if we stay together. his mom is talking to him right now. I just pray they can knock some sense into the boy. I'm absolutely the perfect wife for him, and vice versa.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: I think you're totally right. new
      #264357 - 05/19/06 11:24 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Ok I will read your new post!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 415 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21053

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review