All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
I'm so sorry Shannon. My heart aches for you & your daughter. I will be praying. - nt new
      #264145 - 05/18/06 12:04 PM
karyash

Reged: 04/11/05
Loc: Fargo, ND

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

LOL my little brother last night new
      #264152 - 05/18/06 12:26 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

said "two phone calls and he won't ahve any tires on his brand new car."

I told him to hold it!! But how sweet eh?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Whoo, you have seen a lot new
      #264154 - 05/18/06 12:32 PM
_Willow

I just ahve to stay strong for kayleigh and I know I can. I just love Trevor so much, you know? that in love-love that I was acking for a while is back now, good timing, eh?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Umm...about my desire for what happens... new
      #264156 - 05/18/06 12:36 PM
_Willow

I am a child of divorce so I always thought it would happen to me too.

Having said that, I really thought we were complacent but happy, you know? There wasn't a big passionate flame but I thought it'd return. I don't know, maybe it still will. I'll let him be who he wants to be... (I've never ever pressured him to do anything he doesn't want to do, and I won't change that right now!!) and see if he misses it. I'm not saying it'll be easy but maybe he needs to see the other side of things to know how much he loves us. He does love me, and I love him DEARLY, but we haven't been able to priorotize ourselves, as my career is daytime and his is night time. We just don't have the ability to be together nearly as much as we'd like to be.

Actually we've been together more this week than in 3 months,lol.

I love him very deeply in a very peaceful companion way, as I think he does too, but I wonder if he thinks it always has to be a freaking burlesque show in the bedroom for things to be good. He'll be sorely mistaken if he believes that's how life works.

Anyhow, I heard whispers but as Oprah said,it was still a brick to the head that got my attention. And I'm very much not ready to let go, and still have hope.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Edited by Shannon :) (05/18/06 12:40 PM)

Re: Umm...about my desire for what happens... new
      #264169 - 05/18/06 01:06 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Sweetie, my counselor once explained that in marriage, the love changes. There's first the infatuation, then the head over heels love, and there's a companionship and comfort phase. It sounds like you've hit that. It's not a bad thing, it's just as you said there's not the initial fireworks that there was. At this stage of a relationship, youneed to work on it, nurture it. You need dates, romance, silliness, companionship, time together. You have to work to keep it real. At least we do.
Second, this whole thing of wanting to be a bum and party is crap in my opinion. It sounds almost like a midlife crisis - which usually happens for two reasons. One - the person looks at their life to now and thinks everything is done, so what now? or TWO - the person looks at their life to now and thinks of all the things that they want to do. I think this is about a lot more than wanting to party. I think he needs serious counselling. He owes it to you - that at least to find out exactly WHY he wants out. The party thing sounds like a 2 year old.
You said that you don't have a lot of time together, so I suspect it's all of these things working against you two. I strongly urge the two of you to get some counselling - regardless of the outcome so at least you both understand why and have no regrets later (as I suspect he would!!!)
Love you bunches, canuk girl. We all love you and are here for you. You are an amazing woman and he is taking that for granted.
Hugs and kisses,
A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Umm...about my desire for what happens... new
      #264171 - 05/18/06 01:25 PM
nomorepooch

Reged: 04/18/06

Shannon, when my husband almost left me...(both times) his issues had so little to do with me, he was trying to figure himself out.

I agree that counseling would be a good idea...make sure the counselor is a man...make sure he is a Christian counselor...with you both being a couple of faith, a mutual faith is huge. I know that Trevor says he won't go...don't give up or just go yourself!

Hugs,

--------------------
Have a blessed day! Rachel
Formerly poochibelly...
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Shannon new
      #264176 - 05/18/06 02:10 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

After reading some of your reactions to people responses it seems like you still love him and don't want things to end. I'm sorry that I thought that you didn't want to put up a fight.

If it's any consolation my brother and his wife went through a break up. They had been together for 10 years or so (and 2 super adorable girls). My bro decided he wanted the party life once again and so he ended thins with his GF. Long story short, they both dated other for the few months that they split up. They were both very unhappy apart and saw that the grass was NOT greener at all. He missed the girls terribly.

So they not only got back together but they got married to fianlly "seal the deal". I hate to say it but maybe it will take your hubby seeing that the grass isn't greener and that he already has a super wife.

Nelly new
      #264177 - 05/18/06 02:13 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I am so sorry that your dad hurt you and your family so much. You have every right to be mad about it.

Re: I'm back, and in major life crisis. new
      #264181 - 05/18/06 02:27 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I am so sorry this has happened, Shannon. I imagine you feel like you've been kicked in the gut. It will be rough for a while, but it does get better. And if your husband really does just walk away from you and Kayleigh without making any attempt to work things out, he's a fool.

Shannon, please see a lawyer as soon as possible, preferably right away. It sounds like you're hoping for a reconciliation and if so, I certainly think you should do whatever you can to achieve one and I hope you succeed. If that doesn't work out, though, you need to be sure you've protected yourself and, even more, Kayleigh.

Your husband doesn't even have to know you've seen an attorney - you definitely should not see his - but you need to know what your options are and what his responsibilities are, to both you and Kayleigh. (I'm willing to believe there isn't another woman, but I'd bet money on him having already talked to an attorney, especially with your Outback franchise in play.)

Take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: I'm back, and in major life crisis. new
      #264198 - 05/18/06 03:27 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Oh Shannon, my heart hurts for you, you poor sweetheart. I can't think of what to say, or how to comfort you, but I wanted to send my hugs and thoughts and support to you and Kayleigh.

You are a strong girl with a fantastic strength and such a sunny outlook, you WILL get through this.

Many many hugs

PS Your brother sounds just like mine

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 80 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21053

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review