All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Steel Magnolias new
      #264045 - 05/17/06 11:34 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger."
"If you can't anything nice about someone, come sit next to me."

Sometimes these things happen. Maybe you'll work it out, maybe you won't. If you both know that it is time to move on, then it is. I think everything happens for a reason. We all have lessons to learn. We all have a purpose to serve. Sometimes, though, we're not serving our own purposes. Who knows why things spin the way they do. But I do know that you'll be okay. You'll be strong and you'll get through it. They're just aren't many other options. And certainly none that are appealing. You'll be okay and if you need to vent, we're all here to vent with you. And remember, a flaming bag of pooh on a doorstep just doesn't ever seem to get old.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh Shannon... new
      #264053 - 05/18/06 12:44 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I'm so sorry sweetie I was nearly in tears reading your post and I just wish I could be of more help. I don't really have any experience in this department but I'll definately be keeping you in my thoughts...and you seem like an incredibly strong and wonderful woman so I know that whatever happens you will definately get through it. Sending you loads of (((HUGS)))

Re: I'm back, and in major life crisis. new
      #264057 - 05/18/06 03:15 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Oh Shannon, I don't know what to say. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and Kayleigh right now.

--------------------

#264065 - 05/18/06 05:21 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Oh, Shannon! I'm so sorry! I would be devastated if Mich & I split up. Stay strong & I'll be thinking of you. *hugs if you want 'em*

#264074 - 05/18/06 06:19 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I don't have any good advice.....I'm just so so sorry. It sounds like this isn't totally out of the blue but that doesn't make it any easier I'm sure. I totally understand your fear of being alone. I hope you have a lot of friends and family to support you, you're going to need it. From what I've been able to tell on these boards, you're a strong woman and I think you're going to be fine, you and your daughter both!

--------------------

#264090 - 05/18/06 07:40 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sweetie, I'm so sorry. I've been through some really horrible break-ups before. My high school sweetheart that I married at 18 came home after we had been married for 5 years and told me that he got another girl pregnant and then he was murdered. I was involved with a mentally/physically abusive man for 2 horrible years and left both a drug addiction and him behind. Its not easy but you can do it. Remember to take it one day at a time. Love and hugs

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

No words, just many prayers. I'm so sorry!! This is heartbreaking! -nt- new
      #264096 - 05/18/06 07:53 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

--------------------
God is Faithful!

No way!!! new
      #264107 - 05/18/06 09:27 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

That's beyond horrible.

But if I am reading between the lines you're not devastated as you aren't in love wit him anymore? It's all VERY sad.

I'm so sorry you are going through this Shannon.

I was in a VERY unhappy relationship for 10 yrs and then the man of my dreams came out of nowhere. ****YAY TOMMY***** You're a SUPER person and deserve soemone who's there for you and doesn't want to act like a freakin tennager. UGH! My friend (also a Shannon, coincedentally) is going through this with her BF. He goes out ALL teh time even though the have an infant. She FINALLY left him but it's all still a huge mess.

If it's not meant to be, let him leave. As Casey said, there's a better man waiting for you out there who will WANT to spend all his time with you and your child.

Hugs and love to you. Nothing for him. new
      #264109 - 05/18/06 09:28 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

We are all here for you, Shannon. {{{{HUGS}}}} You did not deserve this emotional crap he's dumping on you!! You are an excellent example of a strong, caring lady. I often wish I had as great a disposition as you, and your smile and your words of comfort never fail to inspire me.

His unilateral decision is extremely puerile and self-motivated. I'm disgusted at this total emotional abandonment. How does he think that this decision isn't going to bite him in the butt in the end?? This is bringing up old deamons in my life and I'm getting very emotional for you (and for me).

I'm going to get on a personal rant here, so if you don't want to read it, skip to the bottom)
---------------------------------------
Daddy thinks it's sooo easy. I'm sooo sure he's being amicable. He has no idea what this is going to cost him after child support and alimony each month. I'll bet he's playing nice right now. He should leave with NOTHING and pay you for the house and child.

It burns me up. This egocentric idea of trying to recreate a life that doesn't exist anymore at the expense of his loving wife and daughter makes me want to throw gasoline on him and light a match. My father in a rash of completely sociopathic behaviour, abandoned my mom, little brother and me. Wasn't cut out to live with actual people who loved him. Do I suffer? I suffer every day because of it. *tears*

I would gladly pay a counselor $20,000 to get me to the point where I'd admit "I just want my father to love me and be proud of me." But I'm not done hating him yet. It's easier to just hate him so much that it burns up inside me. I will hate as long as I can, because when you stop, it hurts like hell.

I've never let a man close who hasn't betrayed me (in my mind), and so it's easier to keep everyone at arm's length. I will never marry and have children. So vowed I when I was 11, so vow I now, at 35. Just in case men don't think a parent's divorce hurts little girls. My personal rant!!!!

---------------------------------------
OK, end rant. Begin reading again

Shannon, we are here for you and your baby. You are so important to us, and we love you. Please lean on us as hard as you can. You have done nothing wrong.

I hope it's spelled out exactly on paper exactly how much it's going to cost him to #1) Move out #2) find a new place, #3) pay for childcare, #4) pay for alimony. Maybe it will shake some sense into him.

So he wants to feel loved and needed and have something to live for. Well join the club!! There is no reason he can't find those things within his marriage. The college years are over, and there are better things on the horizon. I don't think he really wants to be the sad older divorced guy drinking beer with other post-pubescent lonely guys who don't give a crap about him.

After he starts paying you, there won't be any beer money left anyway. Sick that in his pipe and smoke it!

Much love to you, Shannon. Protect yourself and your child and visit here whenever you need to connect. I'm sending you tons of strength to not knock his block off. (Tho I'd be glad to smack him around for you)

~a very emotional nelly~

#264111 - 05/18/06 09:35 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I'm sorry to hear this, Shannon. I don't quite understand "falling out of love," since I think relationships have their ups and downs as they develop and change. Whatever you decide, I support your decision and I hope you and your daughter will be happy and secure.

Big hugs!

Edited by Maria! Maria! (05/18/06 12:37 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 180 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21053

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review