All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Tonights American Idol...not a spoiler
      #263723 - 05/16/06 06:01 PM
nomorepooch

Reged: 04/18/06

I haven't been watching as we are never home but I did watch today. I have a funny feeling that Taylor will make it to the final two...perhaps he and Elliot?

Katherine's 2nd song was phenomenal but I think too many folks are put off by her seeming snobbiness.

Why do I feel like Taylor has "C"?

--------------------
Have a blessed day! Rachel
Formerly poochibelly...
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tonights American Idol...not a spoiler new
      #263725 - 05/16/06 06:05 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

HOW can anyone still say they hate Taylor??? He did great... I mean, so did Elliott and Kat (though she is WAAAYY oversinging these days if you ask me, putting more runs than she needs to, but anyway, she's great) All 3 of them are great and talented but Taylor is the entertainer of the 3 and I hope he DOES win it, now. I know a lot of you dont' get it but I love watching/listening to him! For once it's about FUN and the MUSIC and the TALENT and not sex appeal.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

hahahhaha new
      #263731 - 05/16/06 06:26 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I think he might be IBS-C now that you mentioned. He's got the perfect strained look on his face whenever he tries to sing and not dance around.

I gotta say.. I still do not like the guy AT ALL!! The soue faces, and seizure like moves just put me off! I mean he sings okay when he really sings, but when he's dancing around the stage his singing isn't quite up to par. I think he may be a good entertainer, but more like a wedding singer, or elvis impersonator in vegas as shell mentioned once. however, I think america is enthralled with his dance moves and entertaining that they forget that the majority of his bruce song was not even remotely comparable to bruce! I can honestly say that i'd never vote for him, or buy anything that he sings. I can't jump on the "soul patrol" band wagon.. if you ask me Elliot is far more soulful and I think even Paula agrees.

As for Katherine.. her second song was really good, but the other two weren't that awesome in my opinion. I agree that she's gotten a little snotty, which has also turned me off, and she used to be one of my faves. However, tonight it bugged me when she was talking about how the judges have been so hard on her and that she didn't pick the song. well no duh.. they are hard on everyone, and no one picked the song, so I thought it was kinda snotty to blame someone else for her oversinging her songs. Plus after the third song she was rolling her eyes at the judges. give me a break. Simon just told elliot he was going home and he took it a lot better.

As for Elliot, I still love him. I thought he sang really well tonight, but I wish he sang songs more people were well aware of, and could really relate to. I mean I liked them all, and I hope that this isn't really his ticket home as Simon predicted, I'll be upset, because he really is a sweetheart and a good singer.

It will be interesting to see who the final two end up being. Simon predicts Taylor will win it all (which is strange bc I never thought simon acutally liked him) and Paula said in teenpeople that she hopes Elliot wins it all (which I also think is strange bc she appears to be a Taylor fanatic)!!

I guess we'll find out tomorrow. I'll be very sad if Elliot leaves!

--------------------

Taylor reminds me... new
      #263734 - 05/16/06 06:29 PM
nomorepooch

of Joe Cocker...

--------------------
Formerly poochibelly...

what is it that reminds you of him Rachel? -nt- new
      #263736 - 05/16/06 06:31 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

--------------------

The way he wiggles and waggles.... new
      #263738 - 05/16/06 06:36 PM
nomorepooch

and contorts his body when he sings and looks like he has "C" like Joe Cocker does. I think it is distracting. I would enjoy Taylor more if he didn't contort himself!

I actually enjoyed his performance this evening...he isn't Bruce Springsteen but then again who is? Taylor by far is having the most fun and that is what I like about him.

--------------------
Formerly poochibelly...

Re: The way he wiggles and waggles.... new
      #263739 - 05/16/06 06:47 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

I think thats the thing about him that I dislike.. I think i'd think he was a good singer if he wasn't so distracting. however, I'm always too distracted by his moves to actually listen to him sing.

--------------------

#263741 - 05/16/06 06:56 PM

Unregistered

I always forget to post follow ups on the shows...

but I just have to say that Taylor gets on my nerves BIG time! I just want to tell him to stand up straight! I don't think I would mind hearing him sing a song once in a great while in a different setting and sometimes I don't mind his voice, but he is definitely not American Idol material in my opinion and has a better future in some other musical outlet. As soon as he starts moving around I know it's over for him and me.

As for Katherine - I agree, her 2nd song was really good and the other 2 were just so-so. I used to like her until she got real attitude-y and tonight she was just too much with her comments to the judges.

Ergo, my choice is DEFINITELY Elliot. I just want to grab him by the ears and give him a big kiss. He just seems nice and he does the best consistently in my opinion. And his voice is great too. Ah I hope he wins!

Well we'll see who gets voted off next - I really have no idea unlike past years where someone clearly seems to be the winner. The wait is too much!!

#263746 - 05/16/06 07:10 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

I agree.. I think Elliot's a cutie!! He's definitly improved with each competition in the looks dept. I think his good voice and great attitude really help make him such a cutie. Brad Pitt.. maybe not.. but his great attitude makes him appealing!

Anyways.. I too hope that he wins. I think he's definitly more consistent than the other two! Fingers crossed right along with you!

--------------------

Re: hahahhaha new
      #263748 - 05/16/06 07:19 PM

Unregistered

I like the idea that Taylor has IBS-C, I can definitely see that in his bizarre attempts at moving. And he definitely would be a great vegas singer - good thinking.

I too wish that Elliot had picked songs that people could have connected with more, but maybe that's part of his appeal in a way. He is just too cute to not win. I wish he was my brother or something

And when did Simon end up being such a Taylor fan?? Strange.

Keep voting!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 266 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14179

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review