All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Gallbladder out anyone??????
      #263707 - 05/16/06 04:26 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

This past few days have been the worst...... ever ! I finally am going to have to seriously consider having GB surgery. What scares me is the prospect of the IBS getting worse, or changing. How has this effected any of you who have had the surgery?

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Gallbladder out anyone?????? new
      #263713 - 05/16/06 05:01 PM
chely24

Reged: 02/22/06
Loc: ohio

i had my gallbladder removed in 2001, thats when i started noticing D everytime i ate, my doctor said that my surgery couldve caused it, i had to put up with chronic D everyday for 5 years til i was finally diagnosed with ibs,so i guess my surgery caused mine (if thats possible)

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/rachelle423

#263716 - 05/16/06 05:08 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I had mine out in 1995. It was a fairly easy procedure without a whole lot of recovery time. After the pain of the gallstone attacks, I was willing to do anything. If nothing else, just getting rid of that pain made life so much better!!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#263919 - 05/17/06 12:25 PM
DanielsDad

Reged: 03/31/04

I had mine taken out about 2 years ago and it made my D worse. I'm currently just using Benefiber on a daily basis and it helps me dramatically.

#263931 - 05/17/06 01:12 PM
countrygirl

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Wisconsin, USA

Chely,i agree with you. I had gallbladder surgery in 1991,just 4 weeks after a c-section delivery and i had the full blown surgery(with 9 inch scar to prove it)instead of the scope surgery. It was within 2 weeks of surgery that i started all this IBS-D stuff and have been living with it ever since. My sis in law had gall bladder surgery and she now has to be careful what she eats, although she doesn't have severe IBS she just has to watch the greasy,fatty foods and she is fine.

#263936 - 05/17/06 01:45 PM
chely24

Reged: 02/22/06
Loc: ohio

isnt it weird how that can happen?? my doctor said any type of trauma to the stomach can cause IBS... after my gallbladder surgery, i had to have another procedure the next day cause they lost a stone somewhere.. they were never able to find it.. but it wasnt too bad. a friend of mine just had the scope one and shes fine, so it must depend on the person

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/rachelle423

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 614 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 620

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review