All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I'm going to share this to promote awareness of autism
      #263595 - 05/16/06 04:55 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

If any of you have time to watch/listen to this I hope you will. And if I help one mother/father out there NOT be judged when their child acts this way in public, then I can feel REALLY good about that. Luke was this way while he was 2, 3, and 4 years old. When I watch this I feel like I'm looking into a time machine. And I'm so extremely grateful for the progress he has made. Most of the time you'd never know he was ever this way. Thank you LORD!! whew... this is a tear jerker. Let me know if this link works.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/259523/message/1147724659/Have+you+seen+this+Autism+Speaks+video-++Wow+it+hits+home.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

What a great video.... new
      #263597 - 05/16/06 05:21 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

I have so much admiration for you michelle...that you homeschool your kids and the way you've dealt with having an autistic child....you are a great person! Im so glad you've been able to enjoy yourself recently and have some much deserved fun....hope you have a FABULOUS summer!!!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: I'm going to share this to promote awareness of autism new
      #263606 - 05/16/06 06:29 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

I have a grandnephew that is autistic, and a grandson with cerebral palsy. I like the work you are doing. My question right now is ... the video you posted would not play for me ... what am I doing wrong? I would like to send it to my daughter and niece. thanks

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#263607 - 05/16/06 06:47 AM
nomorepooch

Reged: 04/18/06

Wow Michelle, how I could relate to the mom in the green shirt who worried every time the phone rang that it would be the school principal. I LIVED that every day for 4 years.
I remember wishing that I could be her for one day so that I would understand what caused her meltdowns and her sensory issues. Being judged? Argghh...I lost count of people not calling us because they didn't want our daughter around. Heartbreaking...

Praise God that she has come out of it and is functioning well in school now. She still needs her mom when she is in pain or sad.

I fell ya my friend...many hugs,

--------------------
Have a blessed day! Rachel
Formerly poochibelly...
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

try cutting and pasting the link onto your browser~nt~ new
      #263611 - 05/16/06 07:24 AM
nomorepooch

Reged: 04/18/06

--------------------
Have a blessed day! Rachel
Formerly poochibelly...
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#263616 - 05/16/06 07:59 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

wow, thanks for sharing that link! what age was Luke when he was diagnosed? Was it before you had your other children?

I can't even imagine how hard it is for parents. Especially for parents that aren't in good school districts etc. The school district I work in is really great with Autistic/aspergers kids. We have a program called the DLC in one of our elementary schools. We have about 9 autistic children in it (from our district alone, which is a relatively small district), and 17 teachers for that one program!

--------------------

Thanks, I am sharing too new
      #263822 - 05/17/06 05:57 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 526 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1191

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review