All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Herbs to Induce labor??
      #263276 - 05/13/06 07:50 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

I thought i heard peppermint helps induce pregnancy? I know rasberry does, and i bought some, but mike took it from me and told me it's not time yet I'm ready though!! so i've been drinking peppermint, because i thought i heard that....

i'm so mad he took it though!! but then he wants sex, and i'm like...um that will establish the same thing dear...but i'm not telling him that...because i'm ready!!!!! i want to be done!! my body hurts soooooooooo bad....and i'm having contractions all the time again...it's time i tell you!! i'm 37 weeks! i'll wait one more week...then i'm going!! weather he wants to come or not!! (baby) one of my friends said she could picture me just attempting to push him out even though it's not time yet...haha,. i told her it would just cause a hemerroid!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Herbs to Induce labor?? new
      #263283 - 05/13/06 10:05 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

wow I didn't realize that you were so close!!

I dont' know any herbal remedies, but have you found out the sex and picked out some names?

--------------------

#263284 - 05/13/06 10:12 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Someone told me not to use jasmine soap or essences because it can induce labor. I didn't find any credible accounts of it, but it smells good so I say slather yourself in it. And I understand. I'm only 8 weeks into this process and I'm ready to not be pregnant myself.

sex and name... new
      #263317 - 05/14/06 10:28 AM
Lyndsey

it's going to be a boy, and the names are jeramiah paul or tyler paul....

i can't find the darn tea anywhere either, i'm getting so mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#263322 - 05/14/06 10:33 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I only heard that Rasberry tea helps relieve the labor pains. I drank a ton before my first one and can honestly say that I'm not sure it helped a darn thing since the labor was sooooooooooo painful!
How bout eating something spicey? They say that helps labor along.
Good luck! I feel for ya. I remember those days when you just want the darn thing out!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#263324 - 05/14/06 10:43 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

The raspberry tea does not induce labor. Your not suppose to drink the raspberry in the beginning because it can cause miscarriages but in the end it streghtens your uterus for your labor. I always end up being induced at 41 weeks. I have never done anything that brought on labor. My friend swears by castor oil but I wouldn't do that with IBS. It brings on D big time and than it's suppose to start labor. However, if you body is not ready it will just be more pain. Try to hold out and not think about it. It will be here before you know it.

oh no! i'd never drink oil!! yuck!! lol -nt- new
      #263455 - 05/15/06 10:01 AM
Lyndsey

get on the treadmill....or new
      #263480 - 05/15/06 11:37 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

go for long walks. I know how you feel, I always wanted my babies to come out ASAP!!!! But it just takes time. And they sure have a mind of their own. Good luck to you!!! When is your official due date??? You need to post a few belly shots for us!!!!

--------------------

Re: get on the treadmill....or new
      #263506 - 05/15/06 01:28 PM
Lyndsey

i'm due june 6...3 weeks....i'm so tired of back pain and a butt in my ribs!! i was complaining yesterday that my back hurt, mike goes "mine too" i looked at him like..you better shut up! but my excuse for not taking garbage out is that i'm already carrying a person...i can't carry garbage too! besides, that's the guys' job!!

None of that makes any difference I don't think new
      #263560 - 05/15/06 06:42 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Aaron was 10 days late and I was ready to just die, I tried it all. A storm blew in and folks said the low pressure system could bring labor. Sex, nope. I even did castor oil!!! Nope. Nothing, nada... but when he was good and ready he came in 2 hours and only ONE PUSH with the water bag in tact so when the baby is ready, the baby will come. And you WILL live till then, though it feels like forever now.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: None of that makes any difference I don't think(don't say that!) new
      #263625 - 05/16/06 08:46 AM
Lyndsey

yeah, i know they come when they come, but man, i'm so uncomfortable...but i know EVERY mommy has gone through it, and i've been there before with my daughter. she was a week early..so i'm HOPING that's at least a sign this one will be earl-ish too!!

my friend suggested castor oil..i said it would only induce poo-poo for me...haha...i'll just wait it out i guess

#371671 - 11/23/14 10:08 PM
dbscott

Reged: 11/23/14

My friend recommended castor oil for labor induction as a natural herbs. It should be taken a single dosage and mixed it with juices. I consulted a doctor and my doctor approved of it.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 373 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7853

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review