All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
This is my entire theory right now on AI...... new
      #262926 - 05/11/06 07:01 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

America is so tired of pre-packaged perfect looking semi or simply UN talented people who are all famous right now ... they (we?) are sooooooo ready to root for an "under-dog" who is different and maybe doesn't look just perfect cause guess what, neither do we! Who is just real. I think that's why the Ace's and the Kellie's are gone, and I really think part of the reason Chris adn I bet you anything next will be Kat, gone... because there is this huge uprising voting like mad for the "underdogs" (Elliott/Taylor) who don't seem like anyone anybody EVER thought of as an "Idol".

I find Taylor sooooo much easier to watch and YES, I can imagine myself at a Taylor concert dancing just as much as he is, and looking goofy too, and not caring that I look goofy anymore than he cares that HE looks goofy. And the guy sings REALLY WELL. I think Elliott has a marvelous voice and he seems to have a nice personality, but I cannot for the life of me imagine him putting on a concert.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: really! new
      #262929 - 05/11/06 07:03 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Actually if I had to chose between chosing Taylor or Elliott for the looks it probably would be Taylor. It's so funny I'm saying that too cause when Taylor first came on he gave me the creeps. Kinda still does but when they compared him to George Clooney that one time, I'm thinking "OMG he kinda, a tiny bit resembles him in some weird way"!
Yes his spasms have to go! I still can't believe he's in his 20's.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Weren't underdogs already picked? new
      #262933 - 05/11/06 07:08 PM
LittleLisa

Reuben?????? I can't think of the other dorky guy with the blond hair(or was he a runner up) Anyway, Reuben was an underdog and he was picked. He certainly didn't have "idol look quality". Of course I think it's been said that Kelly Clarkson and the last year's winner country girl have done the best since they won. I think you have to have the right manager etc. to actually make it big after Idol anyway!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Hmmmmm. I don't watch the Simpsons.-nt new
      #262934 - 05/11/06 07:09 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Weren't underdogs already picked? new
      #262959 - 05/11/06 07:58 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

yeah rueben was definitly and underdog, and so was Clay Aiken, he's competition. That was certainly the underdog show down! However, I don't listen to either of those boys, so I don't know a lot about them.

I think the reason that I like Elliot so much is because he is a good singer, and also because his mom mentioned in one of the interviews that Elliot was the most unhappy child in the world, and nothing could ever cheer him up. She said that changed 100% the first time he ever sange karaoke (and that wasn't until a few years ago. His own mother never even knew that he could sing until then!). Plus, the poor kid had diabetes and is 90% deaf in one ear and still sings like a champ! I think that definitly influences my love for him and his music, I think its because I like to hear about kids being happy, and kids with disabilities really making it (such as deaf and with childhood diabetes). I think its the child psychologist in me!

--------------------

Taylor is actually 30.... new
      #262960 - 05/11/06 07:59 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

he just barely made the cut off for the show, which was raised from 26 to 29 last year, and turned 30 a few weeks after the try-outs, which I guess makes him still eligable.

--------------------

Hehe....yep is was a homer simpson tribute!! sorry to confuse! n/t new
      #262982 - 05/12/06 03:16 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

--------------------
Natalie

Hehe....no probs... new
      #262983 - 05/12/06 03:18 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

I am going to pretend to my flatmates that I don't know....hehe.....Im still shocked that he has gone...wasnt quite expecting that one...Ive felt like Taylor has been hanging on bu a thread these last few weeks though he's never ended up in the bottom three recently...hmm....we will see....cant wait to watch it tonight though!!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Ashley, I didn't know new
      #263162 - 05/12/06 07:00 PM
LittleLisa

all that stuff about Elliott. This is actually the first season that I've watched in it's entirety. I used to watch only the "try outs" then never got involved with following through with the whole show. This time I some how got addicted and kept watching, HOWEVER, at least every show I missed "something" because I was running the kids here, doing wash, checking homework or whatever. I don't remember seeing the part with his mom saying all that about him. Does put things into perspective though I must say. It is a shame that he was never a happy child and the fact that he found something in him to make him happy is really awesome. I never knew that he was deaf in one ear either. Kinda explains his "goofyness" that I had said earlier.

I am glad that you brought all this to my attention. Just goes to show that you shouldn't judge someone until you know the whole story huh! Anyway, Chris was still always my favorite (well...next to Ace that is!). I am pulling for Katharine now though. She is the only girl left so here's to GIRL POWER!!

Your so sweet Ashley! You are gonna be one great child psychologist!!!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Ashley, I didn't know new
      #263171 - 05/12/06 09:16 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

I know his story really is amazing! don't worry, I didn't think you were judging him.. I was just explaining some of the reasons that I hope he pulls through.

Ryan mentioned his deafness and diabetes on one of the idol shows (they thought it was amazing, because he can't even hear himself sing in one ear. granted, I can't sing at all, but I've heard that not hearing yourself makes singing so much harder), but I saw the interview with his mother on the news. She had mentioned that nothing ever made him happy, and that she was so worried about him being unhappy for life. Although she also mentioned that he was in and out of hospitals for his whole childhood bc of his ears and diabetes so I think that that probably influenced his poor childhood.

As for Chris, I loved him too.. elliot was always my fave but chris and ace were close seconds. I also liked bucky, but I think that I was one of the only ones that really did

Anyways, thanks for the vote of confidence in my psychology ability! I'm hoping that I turn out to be a great one as well

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 574 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14014

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review