All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
I felt so bad watching that too... new
      #262767 - 05/10/06 08:05 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

He was obviously devestated! I thought he might even cry. I really felt so bad for him. Especially bc the entire voting off process was way too fast, and Ryan didn't really give him time to even finish his song for everyone! I mean the guy was one out of the top four, he should have gotten a little more of a send off than "Chris you're going home, buh-bye"

Plus, that whole send off kinda really turned me off from Katherine. When Simon said who he thought should go home she just kinda smirked and give a look like yeah right. like that would happen. Plus, when they said chris she looked pained having to hug him goodbye. Granted she did look mad, but I think it was more bc she was in the bottom two and didn't think she belong there rather than genuine sadness for the end of chris' road.

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Idol results show new
      #262770 - 05/10/06 10:23 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I'm so pissed...I might even stop watching the show all together.....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Funny how we see things differently new
      #262785 - 05/11/06 05:22 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I hated that Chris went home last night, because I think he is terrific and was definitely the best of the group. I always thought he would win this thing. However, I did think recently he had gotten "the big head" like he thought he was better than the rest. (like the comment about him wearing boxers. Who cares?)

As for Katharine, I saw the opposite in her facial expressions last night. From the moment the show came on, she had this "I know this is my night to go home" look on her face. She looked like she was trying to make the best of a bad situation, and she looked like she was going to cry. So when Simon said he thought she should go home, I thought the look on her face was one of pain. Anyone would have to wince in pain when someone says that about you on national tv! I thought she was biting her lip so that she wouldn't cry because she was positive this was the end of the road for her.

They just replayed last night's ending on Good Morning America. When Ryan said, "Chris, you are going home tonight," the look on Katharine's face, I thought, was genuinely, "HUH???? You've got to be kidding?" Even she expected Chris to stay and herself to leave. So I saw it as a look of shock ----she, like the rest of the country, couldn't believe her ears!

When the crowd started booing, how do you think that made her feel? I think she was put in a very arkward position at that moment. She knew Chris should not be going home, but, of course, she was relieved she wasn't. How in the heck are you supposed to act? Excited that the best singer is getting the ax?

I think her feeling at that moment was more like "Oh, my gosh! Not even I wished for this!"

Who would know how to respond to something like that???? What a mix of emotions! Even Katharine's mother looked shocked.

I felt so sorry for both of them.

Re: I felt so bad watching that too... new
      #262792 - 05/11/06 06:04 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I don't know what is wrong with America!!!! I can't believe Chris is gone - he was the winner in my mind!

And what was up with Taylor being able to sing his song, but then they cut Chris off? That really ticked me off, too.

Poor Chris - he looked so sad!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Re: I felt so bad watching that too... new
      #262806 - 05/11/06 08:00 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

this reminds me of the time Latoya London was voted off. I was so ticked off when that happened. I hate the voting process. My two favorites where Chris and Kathrine. So I'm sad to see him go too! However he will get a recording contract from someone! He's just too good!!!!

--------------------

Re: Funny how we see things differently new
      #262810 - 05/11/06 08:13 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I think Katherine was shocked that it was not her. Everyone else certainly was. It's a popularity contest anyway. Just like Dancing with the Stars. I wish there was a different way of voting, but being human we are going to like the cutest, or the best hair or anything but talent.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: Idol results show new
      #262815 - 05/11/06 08:22 AM
countrygirl

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Wisconsin, USA

I had a whole reply posted and POOF! It was gone, darn it! Anyway,i was sad to see Chris go and was really ticked off about it, but someone on a different message board pointed out that,If Chris had won, he would have been stuck in a contract singing songs he wouldn't like and being the record companies "puppet" and not be able to show his individuality. So maybe it is actually a good thing he didnt win?? He is so talented and marketable that he will surely get a record deal out of this anyway.....the best thing he got out of all of this is the exposure to enable him to get that contract.
I cannot stand Taylor, but the way the show keeps dropping hints i think it will be him who wins this year. His spazoid movements and facial expressions annoy me and i can't stand watch him to attempt to dance, he has only an OK voice as far as i am concerned but he apparently has a band of his own and a huge fan base because of it.So let him win, will be interesting to see him try to sing something besides Blues,Jazz or Soul,the only type of music he seems to be good at. Afterall, look at Rueben, ya don't see many of his c.d.'s in music stores or see him in concert. As for next year, i probably wont even bother to watch the show, i feel like it's rigged anyway, the voting process is so messed up.Some people can get thru, and others try for hours and cannot,so how fair and unbiased is that???

Steph... new
      #262819 - 05/11/06 08:32 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03

I totally agree with you about Latoya. She was my favorite and had a beautiful voice. When she was voted off I stopped watching the show and didn't start again until this season. I kept watching this season because Chris was so great.

I really am done with American Idol. I feel that the voting should be changed and that everyone should get one vote per person not unlimited. Ryan always says how many millions of people voted which in inaccurate since a person can vote as many times as they want.

I just recently saw a show about reality shows stating they aren't really reality but scripted. Not to say that the people involved are given a script of what to say but the people behind the show manipulate what is happening. Even on Survivor they will retape a challenge. They won't change how it ends but if they don't get a good taping for tv they will re-shoot.

--------------------
Janey

Re: Steph... new
      #262834 - 05/11/06 08:52 AM
countrygirl

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Wisconsin, USA

Janey, i agree. When the celebrity guest in the audience requested that Taylor sing again, i believe that was totally scripted and planned out!!!

Have you noticed new
      #262837 - 05/11/06 08:58 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03

There are more celebrity guests in the audiance this season? Do they come there because they love AI or because the producers ask them to be there or pay them to be there?

It used to be that the person voted off got their last shinning moment in the spotlight to sing and now there is so much BS on the Wed. night show that I don't watch until the very end to see who gets voted off.

Last night there was no build up Ryan just spit it out that Chris was going home. It seemed weired to me.

--------------------
Janey

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 517 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14015

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review