All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Shopping Woes
      #262578 - 05/09/06 07:08 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Ok, it is spring and there are so many cute clothes out there. I took my daughter shopping yesterday and I left the store feeling more depressed than ever.

I don't think I have a normal body that clothes from a store will fit. I use to but not anymore. I have discovered that my belly is a size 10 and my rear is a size 6. There are no clothes that fit this kind of shape properly.

If the pants fit my rear I can't get them buttoned but if they fit my belly they are so baggy in the rear.

Starting tomorrow I will be doing more situps that is for sure! There is no way I can even think about putting a bathing suit on this year. Good thing I live in Maine now where I hear the summer is only 2 days long, LOL!

Anyone else have this problem?

--------------------
Janey

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Shopping Woes new
      #262590 - 05/09/06 09:35 PM
Becca LG

Reged: 04/07/06
Loc: Minneapolis, MN

What about really low cut jeans? Sometimes you can get they to bypass the tummy problem on purpose... I have pretty much the same problem with higher rise jean styles (which I don't like anyway so its ok!)

-Becca

--------------------
At least I've learned a lot about my
body...

IBS-A and still figuring things out

#262624 - 05/10/06 06:45 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I have the opposite! A big bottom and no waist! I sympathize though, it is aweful trying to find pants. I buy size 27 jeans to fit my butt and the waist is 2 inches too big! We ought to start designing stuff that actually fits bodies, not supermodels!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#262641 - 05/10/06 07:58 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I'm like Toady, which is easier in that I have a waist about two sizes smaller than my hips/bum so I can wear a belt to help. For the opposite type figure I think the wide legged trousers, low rise ones, or skirts work best.

(I got a pair of trousers altered lately as the were enormous on my waist, and I have managed to rip the seam when pulling them down as my hips/bum are so much bigger than my waist so there's not enough material )

--------------------
S.

Me too! new
      #262655 - 05/10/06 09:16 AM
karyash

Reged: 04/11/05
Loc: Fargo, ND

I recently got fitted for a bridesmaid dress and was shocked to find out that my chest/waist is a size 6 and my rear is a size 12!

How's that for a pear shape? LOL

Kristi

I don't know anyone.. new
      #262659 - 05/10/06 10:01 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

who doesn't have one of these problems. And forget bridesmaid dresses--I just got fitted last night too (even though I'm 5 months pregnant, ha ha), and they must think women have tiny waists and large busts. I tried on the 6, which was snug in my waist, but I actually had ROOM in my chest, and believe me---my chest got bigger, abnormally bigger, because I'm pregnant. It's ridiculous!

--------------------

Re: Me too! new
      #262662 - 05/10/06 10:03 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Don't get me started!! I have the same problem, if I buy pants to fit my belly, even modern low rise ones, they are too big everywhere else. Forget a button up shirt! If I buy a shirt big enough for my belly, it GAPS at my boobs! I try and buy drawstring pants, Target has some cute cotton ones right now and I bought 3 pairs of them!! I also found some of those cute, goucho (sp?) pants at Kohls. I usually find elastic waists to be too tight but these fit nice around my tummy!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#262669 - 05/10/06 10:17 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Quote:

I'm like Toady, which is easier in that I have a waist about two sizes smaller than my hips/bum so I can wear a belt to help.

Aggghhh, I have that problem too!! Pants look OK from the front, but then when I turn to the side there's this giant gap between my back and the waistband. Belts help somewhat, but then all that gathered material makes me look fat. I usually alter my dress pants to fit, but jeans are beyond my skill level. I generally end up throwing on a baggy sweatshirt to conceal the whole mess.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: Me too! new
      #262706 - 05/10/06 01:03 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I was just at Target. I'll have to go back and check these out. I did try on a pair of drawstring capris but they looked terrible on me. I am too short and they were too long. I felt frumpy in them.

I always buy pants that are just below the waist or low rise. I cannot wear anything that is tight around my waist anymore. Way too uncomfortable and makes me want to jump out of my skin. A very weird feeling.

Sears is having a big sale and I am going to run by there and see if I can find something that fits.

Wish me luck because I have a feeling that I am going to need it.

--------------------
Janey

Re: Good Luck Janey! new
      #262708 - 05/10/06 01:17 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I never have much luck at Sears!! But I LOVE a good sale!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 166 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3598

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review