All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
American Idol is on Tonight!!!
      #262540 - 05/09/06 03:20 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

if you love elliot plllllleeeeasse vote for him!

All the online polls on MSNBC predict that he's the next to go! Only 10% voted that he should be in the top three.. but come on people.. I know a lot of ya'll love him too!

And you know what else.. they all predict that the ultimate winner will be (gross.. sorry puked in my mouth for a sec ) TAYLOR!! He had a 38% advantage of taking it ALL!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: American Idol is on Tonight!!! new
      #262554 - 05/09/06 04:34 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I'm behind ya on this one!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

haha THANKS! I hope he knocks everyones' socks off tonight! new
      #262555 - 05/09/06 04:45 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

hey if kellie could have a fan club.. so can I!

Gooooooooooooo Elliot!

--------------------

Know what? new
      #262561 - 05/09/06 06:15 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Elliott was AWESOME - I'll be honest, I have not always liked him, even though he's an amazing singer, but he sold me tonight. I STILL like Taylor, he was awesome tonight. I love love LOVE Chris, HE ALSO was awesome tonight... Catherine didn't do it though, she is such an incredible singer but her second song was not at all her best and I loved her dancing around on the first one but she wasn't at her "peak" vocally then either, sadly I think she deserves to go home.

Unlike other years I think with 4 left they are all equally liable to have successful careers whether they win or not, we are finally down to some truly talented folks up there! All different styels, too - that may be what it comes down to, which style do folks like best.

BTW, Eric is now equally addicted!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: Know what? new
      #262562 - 05/09/06 06:26 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

well the show is over and it was pretty good!

Elliot was AMAZING! which is great, and hopefully others see that. I'm so happy that Simon said that he deserved to go to the next round and I totally agree!!

Here's what I thought tonight..

1. Taylor- I'm still so not a fan of Taylor! I try to see what others see and I can't. His second song was certainly an improvement, but he's not consistent. He'll sing one song relatively well but then botch the next dancing around and singing karaoke. I have to say that I agree with Simon a lot tonight and thought his first song was a bad elvis impersonation.

2. Chris- I thought he did well on both. Not outstanding though. I loved chris a ton, but lately in recent weeks i'm not as moved by him. Tonight I thought both were kinda boring.. and the second was boring until the end.. Plus I hated the sunglasses! they were inside for goodness sake! He wasn't bad though! probably my second fave of the night.

3. Elliot- AMAZING AMAZING on both songs! He really picked it up a notch tonight and I'm glad.

4. Katherine- I guess it wasn't her night.. pitch problems, forgetting the lyrics etc. She was def at a disadvantage though.. Elvis is hard for girls to sing. However, I still think she did better than Taylor.

what do you think will happen tomorrow?

--------------------

What were Elliot's numbers again? new
      #262567 - 05/09/06 06:30 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I forgot the phone numbe for him. I think it's 866-IDOLS tnen 03 and 06?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Once again, I agree with Ashley! new
      #262568 - 05/09/06 06:34 PM
Augie

...including not liking Chris' sunglasses!

--------------------
~ Beth

BETH- 1-866-IDOLS03 OR 07 for elliot -nt- new
      #262570 - 05/09/06 06:44 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

--------------------

Oh yeah, 3 plus 4 would be 7, wouldn't it!-nt new
      #262571 - 05/09/06 06:47 PM
Augie

--------------------
~ Beth

#262577 - 05/09/06 07:07 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I vote ALWAYS before the show is over and it lets me. Tonight I voted for Katharine, no lie, about 9 times. Then I voted for Chris(for my hubby)about 3 times. For some reason they lie about when the lines open. They really open about 3minutes before the end of the show.

I think the last two will be Katharine and Chris. Don't worry Ash, Taylor won't make it. I'm afraid Elliott will be going too Sorry!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Katharine had Seven's on....Anyone notice??!??! new
      #262580 - 05/09/06 07:13 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Katharine had on Seven For All Man Kind Jeans tonight for her first song. I just got a pair on Ebay for $30.01. Brand new. They retail for like $150. I LOVE them. Oprah did a show on them and said how good they make your butt look. Well I wouldn't go that far....but I do like them! The only reason I even looked into them is because they run very small and was able to get a pair that are 23 waist so for all you skinny people out there......
It was exciting to see that I have the same jeans as a soon to be star! I know, pathetic huh!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#262582 - 05/09/06 07:17 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03

I agree with you Lisa about Chris and Katherine.

I know a lot of people really like Elliot but I'm not feeling him. I guess I can't see anyone but Chris and I don't even care if he sings. He could stand up on stage and I would vote for him. I do love the way he sings though. I'm a rocker girl and I love the way his voice sounds. He is easy on the eyes too.

Most of the time I don't vote though because I tape the show and watch it the next day.

Go Chris!

--------------------
Janey

Did you get through for him Beth... new
      #262583 - 05/09/06 07:58 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

I tried for two hours and only got through about 9 times! They should really give these contestants a few more lines, because it too hard to get through.

--------------------

#262584 - 05/09/06 08:07 PM
countrygirl

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Wisconsin, USA

I know Taylor seems to have a big fan base, especially on other message boards i visit,but,i cannot stand to watch him sing or dance.He looks like someone is zapping him with a taser gun while he sings, his facial expressions are just as bad. I literally have to close my eyes when he sings. Did anyone catch what Tommy Motola said to him? He told him to concentrate more on singing and leave the dancing out.LOL. Taylor always seems to pick the easy songs too, and how did he get away with singing 2 old songs last week? It was supposed to be a song from the year you were born and then one from today's top 10 billboard list. Anyway, i just cannot stand the guy. Chris will get a contract regardless if he wins the American Idol or not, plus he has the most gorgeous eyes!!! Normally i love Katherine but she was off tonight, she must have been very nervous? I think Elliot might be the next to go but i would much rather see Taylor go!!

Re: Did you get through for him Beth... new
      #262602 - 05/10/06 04:44 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I tried for an hour and a half and it was busy all the time. I'm so happy it was busy. I told Tory that I thought Katherine and Elliot would be in the bottom 2 until I heard him! He is my favoirte but I'll just be happy if Katherine goes tonight. She hurts my ears with some of those notes.

#262603 - 05/10/06 04:51 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

What time zone do you live in? If it's not eastern than I can understand being able to vote since the lines are suppose to open after 9 pm eastern time. Of course if you are in eastern time zone, how do you know for sure you vote counts?

I tried for a half hour new
      #262617 - 05/10/06 05:58 AM
Augie

...and never got through. So, I gave up. Guess that's a good sign.

I think Katharine is going home tonight.

--------------------
~ Beth

No, gonna be Katharine tonight! new
      #262618 - 05/10/06 06:01 AM
Augie

...not that I don't think it should be Taylor!

--------------------
~ Beth

I'm beginning to think my husband is right (for once!) new
      #262621 - 05/10/06 06:32 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

He says they don't count the votes. Weeks ago, Simon was quoted as saying that Taylor would be in the semi-finals. Although I like Taylor, I don't think he has the vocals to make it to the final round. I could not imagine him getting this far---but he has.

Last night, the judges were setting this up. Simon told Taylor he just sailed his way into the semi-finals, and he was down on Katharine, whom I think did very well.

My husband said, "See, the judges are setting it up to turn out just like they want!"

By the way, I feel the opposite of many of you. I love to hear Elliott sing, but I cannot stand to look at him while he does. I have to close my eyes when he performs. He does the strangest things with his face--- his mouth in particular. He looks like he's kissing someone ---or sucking on a lemon! (I love the guy and hope he does well.)

Now, on the other hand, I love to WATCH Taylor. He has so much energy and soul that he makes me want to jump up off the sofa and sing and dance with him. The crazier he acts, the more I like him.

Ahhhh, I hate it when it gets down to the bottom 3-4. I like them all this year!!!! I don't want any of them to go home. I love Chris and Katharine too.

Can't we just call it a 4-way tie?

YES - that's how I feel (someone understands) new
      #262625 - 05/10/06 06:48 AM
ecmmbm

I love to watch Taylor, he is fun and on top of it all what most people forget is he IS a great singer. Hey, Tim McGraw is quoted to have said Taylor is his favorite... Tim can't be wrong, can he?

Elliott has grown on me because of his fantastic voice and I think he's a really nice guy but I agree, he is sort of hard to watch sing - I do not mean he is ugle, I've just always felt like he came off "forced".

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

Shame on Fox!! new
      #262628 - 05/10/06 06:58 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I can't believe how badly Katharine did. She and Chris are my two favorites! Shame on Fox for setting her up for failure. Elvis is hard for any girl to sing, especially when her competition is 3 MEN!!! NOT FAIR! I hope she makes it through, but I don't think she will. I think the order tonight is going to be as follows:

Chris
Elliot
Taylor
Katharine

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

They've been harping this as being "all about the guys" all year. nt new
      #262629 - 05/10/06 06:59 AM
ecmmbm

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

Never thought of it this way... new
      #262634 - 05/10/06 07:14 AM
Augie

...but it's true. I should have voted for Katharine. I've liked her so much until last night. They duped me!

Maybe because Ruben is the only male to have won so far (I think) they are setting it up for a male to win?

They totally set this up to make Taylor look good.

--------------------
~ Beth

#262646 - 05/10/06 08:37 AM
Shell Marr

I only saw parts of the show... did not get to listen or watch one FULL song for any of them. But from what I can see.... Katharine will be going home even though I WISH it was Taylor. I was on the phone from 5:55pm-10:20pm with our IPS EarthLink (Internet Service Provider) So, once I hung up... the LAST thing I wanted to do was get back on the phone to vote.......

--------------------

I agree, I think it is up to the judges as to who makes it to the next round! How sad.n/t new
      #262650 - 05/10/06 08:53 AM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05

well..... new
      #262700 - 05/10/06 12:17 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

I dunno if they really set Katherine up.. because all season they have had different categories that not everyone performs well in. I mean yeah, it sucks that Katherine got stuck signing on Elvis night.. but you gotta think about the fact that Chris was stuck singing love songs (and actually did surprisingly well).

I've read a bunch of stuff about how it was supposed to be Taylor's night to shine.. however, some of the articles actually said that he didn't.. and that Chris and Elliot stole the show. I guess we'll see what happens tonight!

--------------------

although good point about how they called this the BOY season!! -nt- new
      #262701 - 05/10/06 12:19 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

--------------------

Re: well..... new
      #262703 - 05/10/06 12:38 PM
Shell Marr

I agree!

Quote:

I dunno if they really set Katherine up.. because all season they have had different categories that not everyone performs well in. I mean yeah, it sucks that Katherine got stuck signing on Elvis night.. but you gotta think about the fact that Chris was stuck singing love songs (and actually did surprisingly well).

I've read a bunch of stuff about how it was supposed to be Taylor's night to shine.. however, some of the articles actually said that he didn't.. and that Chris and Elliot stole the show. I guess we'll see what happens tonight!

--------------------

Re: well..... new
      #262704 - 05/10/06 12:48 PM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I guess that is true, too! I just really think it stinks!!! Oh well, I want Chris to win anyway, so Katharine will have to go eventually, right?????

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

BL new
      #262705 - 05/10/06 12:57 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03

BL,

I agree with you about Elliot. I can't stand to look at him sing either. It definitely is something he does with his mouth.

I have always felt the judges know exactly who they want to win. Look at the season Ruben was on. I liked him fine but they really pushed him to win and I never once heard Simon tell Ruben that he was too heavy and needed to loose weight. He sure has said this to several of the female contestants.

I have often wondered if what the judges hear is different from what we hear. There have been times when I think the performer either does really well or stinks and the judges will say the opposite.

--------------------
Janey

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 119 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3813

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review